What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Beethoven Conspiracy
This topic is about The Beethoven Conspiracy
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mystery about Beethoven's 10th symphony [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Penny | 22 comments This is about 20 years old and involves a violinist who has received a mysterious letter from someone wanting to hire her for a gig in Germany. When a couple members of the orchestra she plays in get murdered, she contacts a detective to investigate the letter she received. The ending involves a 10th symphony of Beethoven that no one knew about.

message 2: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments I'd love to read this; I looked for it and couldn't find anything, but found some historical basis for Beethoven having written at leaast parts of a 10th symphony! Hope you get the answer to this one!

message 3: by Penny (new)

Penny | 22 comments (I'd forgotten about this query but something recently reminded my of this group, so I'm bumping my two old posts back to the active thread. Just wanted to give it one more try before I give up!)

message 4: by laurenpie (new) - added it

laurenpie | 132 comments Great plot idea.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
The Beethoven Conspiracy.

"Three top-flight N.Y. musicians--a violinist, a cellist, a flautist--are found shot to death, together, in a walkway behind the Metropolitan Opera. The only clues: the fact that all three had mysterious plans for the week of November 4; and that one of the musicians wrote ""Beethoven?"" across that week in her calendar. (view spoiler)

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny | 22 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "The Beethoven Conspiracy.

Yep, that's the one! Thanks!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Yay.