Ghost Memoirs discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) | 21 comments Mod
Who are you? What makes you interested in ghosts? AND most important, how did you find out about Haunted Lily? What did you think of it?

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason | 5 comments I saw a post about Haunted Lily and became intrigued about the book. I recommended it to a person or two.

message 3: by Gwennie (new)

Gwennie | 1 comments Hi Cassidy, and thanks for starting this group! I read Haunted Lily because everyone in my school was talking about it. I love anything scary, loved the cover of the book so I ordered it. Withing the first few pages, that was it, I was hooked. It just seemed so very real to me, like the entire story could actually happen, ghosts and all.

I practically read the entire book in one sitting. It kept me completely captive and would not let go. I am a fan of the Twilight series and never thought I would find another book I would love as much. I have been telling anyone who will listen to my ramblings about this book and story. Friends who haven't read it yet all want to borrow my copy, I say no way...I tell them to get their own I don't want my book damaged in any way. I love it!

message 4: by Cassidy (new)

Hi Gwennie! I'm so glad you joined!
I totally agree, Sidney has an amazing ability to capture the essence to creepy realistically. Usually you read ghost novels and they make the ghost corny. I've been trying to spread the word about her book too, I want her to write tons more!
Feel free to invite people to this group!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  | 4 comments Hi Cassidy, I was invited by Sidney so here I am. I love the book. I can't seem to say it enough and it's great that you have started something to help Sidney's talents shine just a little bit brighter. I am sharing the book with co-workers. Seems like something about it stays with you long after the last page is turned.

message 6: by Cassidy (new)

Hi Stephanie, that you for joining! This is my first group so I don't know quite what I'm doing, lol, but it's fun and I really want her to keep writing. I'm excited you're here and please feel free to start new topics and whatever else!
What was your favorite part of the book?

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  | 4 comments My favorite part of the book was the amusement park...Something about the 70's is very haunting to start with. Probably because I was young and there were so many great things of horror. And that fun funky music....

message 8: by April (new)

April (aprilpohren) | 2 comments Hi Everyone!
My name is April and I found this group via Sidney and it looks and sounds fantastic! I am a huge paranormal fan and always have been. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better. I just ordered a copy of Haunted Lily and can't wait to read it. It sounds awesome. I also have a book blog where I review books and just have a bit of fun. I posted a bit about Sidney and her book - so excited to have found out about both. If anyone is interested, here is my link: http://cafeofdreams.blogspot.com Hope everyone has a great weekend!

message 9: by Cassidy (new)

Hi April, thank you for joining!
I have also always loved the paranormal and think it's fascinating to discuss.
I'm so glad you ordered it and hope you love it as much as I did. Looking forward to your review and posts when finished!
Thanks!

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason | 5 comments Welcome April!

message 11: by The Book Posh (new)

The Book Posh Hi! I'm Mrs. Optimus! I discovered Haunted Lily through a goodreads friend! I will be reading it soon!!

message 12: by Matt (new)

Matt | 1 comments Hi all!
Thanks for inviting me into the fold. I really liked Haunted Lily I pretty much read it straight through it gave me some memorable dreams thats for sure!

I have always had a thing for creppy old abandonded places..I loved the whole aspect of the mansion all crumbling in the beginning of the book. I loved the pool vortex very cool and I admit it did give me some shivers which is nice for a change. Most books I have read recently have been more suspense this was more visual. I can see it being a movie someday. And Varton Muntz..I hope to see him in the next book!

Peace, Matt

message 13: by Cassidy (new)

Thank you for joining Scott, Mrs. Optimus and Matt!
I really appreciate it! I'm excited to see your reviews when you finish the book Scott And Optimus.
I agree Matt, it was fantastic on the visual, a movie in my head. It either goes with hardly any detail OR so much that half the book is descriptions of landscape,lol.

message 14: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 6 comments Hi Cassidy,

Thanks for setting this up, What a great story huh!!!

I found it on here and am sooo pleased that I took the chance and bought it..

I read it in 2 days - would have been 1 day but had to go to work - LOL!!

I hate clowns!!! but loved the book,and Sidney is such a wonderful person... Can't wait for next one..

Regards
Fiona

message 15: by Cassidy (new)

Clowns scare the poo out of me! HATE IT! I hate the circus song too! So Matt, your picture freaks me out but it's a cool picture so I'm torn! lol I want to look at it but don't... I love how Sydney put it in the book, gosh I'm at work so I can't look it up, but it was something about how they paint a smile on to hide the evil under it? Something like that! lol I'm glad you joined Fiona! Thank you!

message 16: by April (new)

April (aprilpohren) | 2 comments Thanks for the welcome! I just received my copy of Haunted Lily and started on it last night! So far so excellent!!

message 17: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 1 comments Hi! My name is Laurel, and I just finished reading Haunted Lily last night and LOVED it! I have never read a ghost story before, so this is all new to me.

I found out about Haunted Lily from the Twilight message board on Goodreads, and I am glad that I did because it has introduced me to a whole new spectrum of plots.

I loved how everything in the book seemed so real, and even though you are reading a fiction book, it was something that could very well happen or that I could picture happening. I could see the book making a good movie.

I am looking forward to reading more of Sidney's books.

message 18: by Cassidy (new)

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for joining and posting!
So glad you liked the book! Be sure the post a review and get more people to read! We definitely can not wait for Sidneys next book, she's great!

message 19: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 6 comments Hi Carly,

Nice to meet you

Just watched your Vid on YouTube - wow that is soo good...

Has Sidney seen it yet?