The Post Card Exchange discussion

Archive > Clarification on TO WHOM you send a postcard

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaela (last edited Oct 14, 2008 11:37AM) (new)

Michaela Wood I wanted to clear up confusion on how this works! You will only send postcards to one person, and one person only, in the postcard exchange.

Example: Mary* sends to Bob
Bob sends to George
George sends to Katie
Katie sends to Mary*

Get the general idea? We are all connected in this way, but we do not switch off on addresses.

We want to develop a poetic relationship with our Receiver (you plan out an Experience for them! It's so exciting!).
And as for your Sender, I hope, in time, you will know the paper, the design, the taste of postcards and of poetry better than you know anything else about them.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Wood I meant taste in the sense of style. Nobody eat the postcards

message 3: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Wood I know there's been some confusion as Melanie and Giovanna are trading their poems, but theirs' is a special case; as they are our only two europeans and would prefer not to have to pay postage to the states twice a month....when we get more people from europe, it will be spread out and like the american version.

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinhays) | 47 comments I have not gotten any postcards. And I agree with Anna. I want some poetry damnit!

message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinhays) | 47 comments Anna, Have you gotten anything yet? I haven't. Hope that you have!

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Wood Anna wasn't on the list - my fault. Kristen has a bum buddy, I'm on it! Keep sending!

message 7: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinhays) | 47 comments Thanks, Michaela!

message 8: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) Tami!

message 9: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (cirkl) I don't know if anyone has my name...but I am sending to Nikki. I hope she is getting them (two now).

message 10: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinhays) | 47 comments I got my first postcard! Yeah! Thank you. :)

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkibfabulous) | 4 comments I've received mine, too! Thank you. :-)

message 12: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) Michaela does the assignments, Tams. And if you just got on here, I wonder how your address got assigned to someone so quick?

message 13: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) I did the first couple times, but I didn't the one I sent yesterday. Mostly b/c I just forgot, but also Michele knows who's sending to her now anyway.

message 14: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) No one can help but Michaela!

Michaela????

message 15: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Haha. She will be back eventually I am sure.

message 16: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) I loved the most recent one, Kristin! I got it yesterday, and it's my favorite so far.

message 17: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinhays) | 47 comments I have some much fun finding poems for you, Mindy!!! I am so glad you enjoy them. :)

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) This is a lot of fun.

I never want to have to only send a piece of a poem, so you have to find something that's short enough to fit on the card but still has an effect.

message 19: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinhays) | 47 comments True. And sometimes that is a tricky thing to do!

message 20: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) I had to really scribble on my last one. I hope you didn't have any trouble reading it, Michele.

message 21: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Wood No problem Tami - you didn't have a buddy for last time because you were the last one on the list (who usually sends to me but I forgot to remember myself LOL). You have one now.