Harry Potter discussion

JK Rowling > There won't be a single "Muggle" in the world who doesn't know his name!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:14PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments J.K. Rowling didn't write this famous series for money. She wrote it to tell the world her vision.
"I could have quit after writing Prisoner of Azkaban if I was only in it for the money!" Jo says.
Aren't we glad she didn't quit! Harry's name is legend. There won't be a single muggle child in the world who doesn't know his name!!!

message 2: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments I, for one, am very grateful that Harry's name is alive and well in the muggle world! This is one muggle who thinks he's just fabulous! I'm glad JK didn't quit writing.

message 3: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I totally agree!
(Like my new photo?)

message 4: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments That is an awesome photo!

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments lol.

message 6: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:24PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments yeah i agree. me too. if she did it'll feel as though the world has ended. haha.

message 7: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie If she quit I think I would have thrown away my memories of the books and not thought of Jo as highly as I do.

message 8: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) yes Harry Potter is AWESOME...J.K. Rowling really did write a master piece!

message 9: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments Yup!

message 10: by RinaKat (new)

RinaKat | 480 comments yup is right

message 11: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments yup! lol

message 12: by RinaKat (new)

RinaKat | 480 comments ^.^

message 13: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments ;)

message 14: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments hurrayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

That is secret information.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Mrs. Madison Malfoy wrote: "Hey Meghan, how do you become a Goodreads librarian?"

I'll tell you.

message 17: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Goodreads Librarian? Well, you have to have a certain amount of books and you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time. Anyone can join really. You go to the Goodreas Librarian Group and they have the details. I can't remember very well, since I joined several years ago.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, look at this message I posted to a guy who hates HP:

So because some of the people are weird you don't like the whole series. Call me a jerk, but that's not right. Might I mention that Twilight has some VERY weird characters...

message 19: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Hee hee! Lol! I agree with that.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 09, 2010 11:51AM) (new)

I mean, you can't deny that vampires aren't weird. OMG look at this pic I made yesterday: http://www.stardoll.com/en/user/photo...

Please jut look at the picture and do not get on my account.

message 21: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Coolio!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

The girl with the dark weird hair is my Stardoll character.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not weird..

message 24: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) Ella, you really shouldn't be judging someone because they don't like Harry Potter. You are always hating on Twilight and you've never even read the books. People are allowed to have their opinions. I know you're still young and everything, but that's really unfair of you to be doing and you should break that habit while you're younger.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

THAT WAS MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION, TO STOP HATING IT, AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO THAT!!! Sorry for the caps.

message 26: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I don't like Twilight either. And I've read it. I don't mind other people liking it, but to me, it was poorly written, the characters weren't interesting, and the story was very flawed. I read the whole series and that's the conclusion I came to. I actually liked it at first but now I don't.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

See, The characters seem lame from what I have seen, heard, and read on the back. The idea to me, stupid. Sorry Twi lovers, but I just don't like it!!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I have different reasons to hate it.

message 29: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) I'm not saying you have to like it or even read it, I'm just pointing out that you're judging people who don't like Harry Potter but you're making judgments of books you haven't even read, so whether its Twilight or something other book or series, its unfair. It's rude to be like "You should like the books I like" but then you can go talk about how much you hate books other people like. Do you see what I'm saying? Respect people's opinion

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I do respect other people's opionins Teresa.

message 31: by Miranda (new)

Miranda you do???

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I do Miranda. X)

message 33: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Sooooooooooo........

Harry Potter.

Yes

He's famous.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Very famous. 2nd most popular book in the world.

message 35: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Which is first?

message 36: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Please, don't tell me it's Twilight. I'll puke.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

No, not Twilight. I'll go Google it....

The most popular book in the world is..... Hmm.... I'll have to check again later. :(

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 11, 2010 03:06PM) (new)

It is the Bible. Twilight isn't even in the top 10, I think.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

He he he... Good! And I'm so stupid for not guessing the Bible.... Which reminds me I need to start reading it. I got my own one 1 year ago and I want to maybe start reading it.

message 40: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Yeah! Twilight isn't up there! Tops books are usually the Bible, Harry Potter, and the Lord of the Rings series. All of the Lord of the Rings books are in the top ten best selling books of all time I think. For book series, Harry Potter has sold the most copies. Twilight is down at about number 27.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Suckers!

message 42: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments ?????

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Twilight fans. Yah know, those kinda freaks?

message 44: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments OOOOOOO. I get it. :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Meghan wrote: "Yeah! Twilight isn't up there! Tops books are usually the Bible, Harry Potter, and the Lord of the Rings series. All of the Lord of the Rings books are in the top ten best selling books of all time..."

Yea! Megan, is your profile picture Cedric?

I want to read Lord of the Rings. Has anyone else here read it? If so, could you tell me what it's about since I don't know? I've just heard that it's real good.

message 46: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jan 30, 2010 11:44AM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
The Lord of the Rings is amazing in my opinion, Ella. It's at the top of my list of favorite books along with Harry Potter and His Dark Materials. I know someone asked for a summary a while ago in another topic, so I'll just copy what I posted when I summarized the back of the book, since it's so easy for me to ramble when trying to give and overview of my favorite books :) (Oh, and you might want to know that Tolkien (the author) is very descriptive. I personally, tend to love descriptions, but I don't know if you feel the same way. If you don't think you'll have patience with descriptions, you might want to wait a while until you read the books.)

The Lord of the Rings takes place in Middle Earth, which is a world populated by Elves, Men, Dwarves, and Hobbits, among others. Hobbits are a little people, peaceful, and man-like, though only half the height of a man, Hobbits live in a land called the Shire.

Eleven Smiths in Middle Earth forged rings of power in ancient times, but the Dark Lord Sauron created the One Ring, the most powerful of them all to rule all else. His ring is lost, but comes to a Hobbit by chance and is then passed down to the Hobbit's cousin Frodo. The story tells of the quest of the Fellowship of the Ring - the Hobbits Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin; Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a man of Gondor, Gandalf a wizard, and a ranger whose true name is Aragorn - to destroy the One Ring by casting it into the fires of Mount Doom.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

THX!!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Ella wrote: "Meghan wrote: "Yeah! Twilight isn't up there! Tops books are usually the Bible, Harry Potter, and the Lord of the Rings series. All of the Lord of the Rings books are in the top ten best selling bo..."

Her picture currently is Ginny.

message 49: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Yep Yep.

Lord of the Rings is fabulous! If you can get into the language that is. A lot of younger readers have a hard time with it. If you want to read Tolkien, I'd recommend starting with The Hobbit. It's very good as well. A lot of people find that if they have seen the LoTR movies then the books are much easier to understand. The movies are a lot like the books and they are almost just as good. The books are fantastic and I love them. And I agree with Pandy. Tolkien is very descriptive. It's something that I love about him.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh... sorry..... From far away it looks kinda like Cedric...

I wanna read Lord of the Rings cuz of the talking trees. :D

« previous 1