Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

What Weather is Perfect for Reading?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I say rainy weather or when its too cold outside to do anything.

message 2: by Sheryl (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Sheryl | 1 comments I'd have to say pretty much any kind of weather - although cold, rainy weather is probably my favorite (we aren't having much of that in Southern California!).

--Sheryl

message 3: by John (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

John (juldecdad) I tend to do most of my reading in the Summer, on vacation. I LOVE reading on the beach.

message 4: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 22 comments I think I hoard the largest amounts of books during the winter. When it's snowing outside, it's perfect to sit on the couch, curled up in a warm blanket and have a good book going. I like to face the windows so I can catch glimpses of the snow as it falls. If I trusted myself to actually make a fire, I would have one going in my fireplace, but I'm a little clumsy so I just light a candle. The candles that are in the jars, as opposed to in a candlestick holder, harder to knock over a jar.

Although, I read year round, but I get my best reading done during snowstorms. Plus, books keep me calm as the snowfall turns into a blizzard.

message 5: by Kellie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Kellie (krheck) | 14 comments Any kind of weather at all. Around here (Texas), summer is so hot, you tend to stay inside, so I do a lot of reading in the summer. Rainy weather is ALWAYS reading weather to me. But if it's cool or cold and not raining, I'm outside, enjoying it!!!

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Rachel (rachelbrandt) | 7 comments Rainy stormy weather is perfect. I love to curl up on the couch with my boy and my dog and read a good book.

message 7: by Steve (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:14PM) (new)

Steve 40 degrees. Rainy.

message 8: by Steve (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:14PM) (new)

Steve When it's really hot out I can't concentrate because I'm too pissed off that it's hot.

Yes, I'm from the north, haha.