The Sunne in Splendour The Sunne in Splendour discussion

more

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (last edited Sep 24, 2011 07:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda I have read TIME AND CHANCE and WHEN CHRIST AND HIS SAINTS SLEPT by Sharon Kay Penman, and Conn Iggulden's EMPEROR SERIES and KHAN SERIES? I am looking for a book about the Ottoman Empire written in the style of Iggulden and Penmam. CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST A SUCH A BOOK?

message 2: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Not about the Ottoman Empire, but if you have not read Penman's "Here Be Dragons" I would suggest it. A very good book.

Linda Mary,
Thank you for the heads up. I read the overview and believe I will get the book, HERE BE DRAGONS, next month. My book budget is tapped out right now because I read everything on my Nook. Linda

Anita Elder Who else would love to see The Sunne in Splendour done as a movie? If so, what actors would you want to play the various characters?

Anita Elder Anita wrote: "Who else would love to see The Sunne in Splendour done as a movie? If so, what actors would you want to play the various characters?"

I've wanted to see a movie version for a very long time! Here's my suggestions for the cast:
Edward IV - Chris Hemsworth
Richard III - Dominic Cooper
Elizabeth Woodville - Lena Headey
Warwick - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Cecily Neville - Helen Mirren
Margaret of Anjou - Fanny Ardant

Alexandra Anita wrote: "Who else would love to see The Sunne in Splendour done as a movie? If so, what actors would you want to play the various characters?"

Oh, who wouldn't!

Hmmm, cast-wise, you've got me stumped, though...I could see Nicole Kidman playing Cecily, Tilda Swinton playing Elizabeth Woodville, Skandar Keynes playing Richard (at least for the early parts of the film, with maybe Joseph Fiennes taking over), Jessica Brown Findlay - playing Anne, and Dan Stevens playing Edward IV.
Don't know about the others yet...

Marina My ideal Richard is Richard Armitage, who's actually named after him(!), but I realize he is maybe on the too mature side.

I always thought Rupert Penry Jones an ideal Edward.
And Tom Hiddleston could be awesome as Francis.

Nahid Cast need to be English!!

Richard III = Aneurin Barnard
Edward IV = Max Irons
Warwick same as TWQ
(Same as the white queen they especially Aneurin were absolutely fabulous. Casting was perfection)
Cecily Neville - Emma thompson
Elizabeth Woodville - Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Anne - Katie McGrath
Veroniqe - Kaya Scodelario

Peggy Whyte Would love to see a movie - much prefer Penman's depiction to Phillipa Gregory's.... And YES, Aneurin Barnard would be a great choice for Richard!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sunne in Splendour (other topics)