Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us Tribes discussion

First thing....

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Molly After reading Tribes, what was the First thing, or the one thing that you were determined to change in your world or around you?

message 2: by Joe (new) - added it

Joe Burnham I read Tribes while on a hiatus from ministry and it really smacked me upside the head on how I approach my work. I think the single most profound line for me is: The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow.

From here on out, my energy is going to focus on helping people clarify what is, offer a picture of how life could be different, and invite them to join me in creating a new reality.

Megan Elizabeth Molly wrote: "After reading Tribes, what was the First thing, or the one thing that you were determined to change in your world or around you?"

Everything.

I knew I had to change everything.

Oscar Avellaneda-Cruz i litterally wrote "i am a leader" on all my mirrors with a red sharpie and then twittered it. I regularly affirm this to myself whether in front of the mirror or not. =)

Megan Elizabeth Oscar wrote: "i litterally wrote "i am a leader" on all my mirrors with a red sharpie and then twittered it. I regularly affirm this to myself whether in front of the mirror or not. =)"

Dude, that's a great idea.

gramakri I just hated it. Have never come across such an overrated and overprized book which is nothing but a collection of some random blog articles. I had borrowed it from Library. If I had purchased it I would have demanded my money back.

Megan Elizabeth gramakri - I'm curious about what you were hoping for from the book? What did you want to get out of it that you didn't get?

gramakri @Megan:
Why I hate this book ?
Read @
http://bookwormsrecos.blogspot.in/200...

Megan Elizabeth @gramakri - I was asking more what would have made you pleased with your read -- what would have made you happier, instead of unhappy?

gramakri @Megan:
I would have been happier if this book
a) provided me some insight or information which I was not already aware of.
b) avoided repeated flogging of the basic theme in a typical evangelist fashion.
c) was well structured with clear cut demarcation of sections
d) was not priced exorbitantly for the information its provided (I don't think this book is worth more than $2-3)

Megan Elizabeth @gramakri - I understand now, thank you! I have differing opinions for myself on your points, but I hope you find other books that give you what you're looking for. If you find another book that covers similar subject matter to Tribes but has the structure you were hoping for, I would be super interested in knowing them -- I love community-oriented philosophy and I'd really welcome more books about those topics.

gramakri @Megan:
Have you read The Wikipedia Revolution ?
You can read my summary of it at
http://bookwormsrecos.blogspot.in/201...

Megan Elizabeth gramakri wrote: "@Megan:
Have you read The Wikipedia Revolution ?
You can read my summary of it at
http://bookwormsrecos.blogspot.in/201..."

I have not, thank you! I'll take a look! <3

message 14: by J (last edited Apr 03, 2014 07:45AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

J Molly wrote: "After reading Tribes, what was the First thing, or the one thing that you were determined to change in your world or around you?"

Taking book recommendations from people I don’t know well. Hated this book!