Once Upon a Time discussion

The Books > Anatopsis

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I read this one too. It was pretty good. I'm confused though, what happened to Mr. Pound, and what was his problem?? No comprendo...

message 2: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) | 224 comments Mod
they trapped him inside the egg. remember? and he was eating people. not nice.

message 3: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 14 comments So whats this book about?

message 4: by Naomi (new)

A princess and a prince? Magic? I have a hard time telling people about books, w/o giving away the plot... one reason I don't do reviews...
Can you do better Rebecca?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

hehe.
Princess Anatopsis Solomon wants to be a knight-errant. But her mother, chairwoman of Amalgamated Witchcraft Corporation, plans for her immortal daughter to take over the family business. The Queen has even hired a new tutor: a demigod named Mr. Pound. But Mr. Pound's plans go far beyond completing Ana's education. He is searching for the mysterious and powerful Os Divinitas. And if he finds it, nothing will survive. A shocking and powerful gift will catapult the Princess into an unlikely quest through the rich worlds of Anatopsis, inhabited by magic immortals, a rebel army, and the last dog in the Universe.

That's what the thingy says about the book. It's this princess (Ana/Anatopsis, totally lame name :P) and a prince (Barnaby, another lame name) and how they have to learn together and then do this big battle thing just to prove that one kingdom is better than another. But the original plan gets messed up and a whole bunch of stuff ends up happening. Sound good?

message 6: by Naomi (new)

I should have copied it. Now I feel stupid. D:

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't feel stupid. I'm just abnormally intelligent, lots of people can't keep up. ;)

message 8: by Naomi (new)

Don't forget: I went to the same school as you. For awhile anyway... maybe I should have done my homework...

message 9: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 14 comments Hmm... this book seems interesting... Is it a good read?

message 10: by Naomi (new)

I think so... its weird though.

message 11: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 14 comments how so?

message 12: by Naomi (new)

Ummm. not what you'd expect? idk! It's just... weird. Sorry I can't explain it better.

message 13: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 14 comments its okay, i read it now, i kind of get what you mean

message 14: by Naomi (new)

did you like it?

message 15: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2 comments sounds good....*adds to to-read shelf of DOOM*

Only 600 something more to go until I can read it...

message 16: by Naomi (new)

lolz. love that! it's so true! we add all these books we 'want to read' and then never get around to them and it just grows, and grows and grows! right? lets see how many I have...

message 17: by Naomi (new)

O. M. G. 888

message 18: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2 comments Naomi wrote: "O. M. G. 888"

I actually challenged myself to read 100 books in 100 days because my to-read list was outta control! That, and it's a funny challenge, and it helps me feel like a productive reader.

message 19: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (dizzybee) I only have 10 my big list is off the computer

message 20: by Naomi (last edited Jul 14, 2009 06:45PM) (new)

lolz.
wow. even I couldn't do 1 a day. mostly cuz I'd get bored. as much as I like reading, i still need to do other things.

message 21: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments me too, I dont think I read that fast anyway.....

message 22: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (dizzybee) me neither

message 23: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments unless they are small like the once upon a time books.

message 24: by Naomi (new)

I can read books that are 300-400 pages in a day if I really want to, but not much longer that that.

message 25: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments well I'm going to be reading Les Miserbles and thats 2436 pages I dont know how long its going to take the funny thing is I'm reading it for enjoyment I hope its not pointless to try alot of people I know have said its good, but we'll see.

message 26: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments How long are the twilight books?

message 27: by Naomi (new)

a few hundred? idk and I'm too lazy to look.
lolz! thats so funny! My summer reading goal was Le Miz. It came in at the lib... 2 days ago. I've had it on hold all summer. :P But now I'm gonna read it. (My dad's a faster reader than me and he said he had to renew it 3 times (thats 12 weeks) and he still didn't finish it. so I'm crossing my fingers)

message 28: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments well be warned they had to remove one whole chapter just on prostitution and thats all the author would allow so there is still that sort of stuff in there...

message 29: by Naomi (new)

what do you mean? *is confuzzled*

message 30: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments you know 'hint''hint' objectionable material

message 31: by Naomi (new)

oh. ok. thanks. xD I just got it Sat. ...it's FAT!!!!!!!!

message 32: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments wait what now I'm totally confusioused

message 33: by Naomi (new)

I just picked up Les Misérables from the lib on Sat. and I was amazed at how fat it was.

message 34: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments yeah do you want to know whats really sad my library doesnt even have Les Mis I asked the head librarian and she had no idea there even was such a book it was funny but sad I mean the book is a classic, you know?

message 35: by Naomi (new)

sad! how can you not know at least a little about the book? It's like the most famous book ever! ...next to Twilight. xP lol. I had to put a hold on it though.

message 36: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments ah well so have you heard Les Miserables the Musical???

message 37: by Naomi (last edited Jul 20, 2009 08:31PM) (new)

uh-huh. I listen to it all the time. my dad has some concert recording of it, so it's two discs and has two encores. xD I love it! it's partly why I wanted to read the book. I'd ask my parents or brother about this or that in the story and they'd tell me, or even give me a brief summary of the story. so that got me more and more interested in it. xD also my fav bro read it. that helps. xD

message 38: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments ah yeah its one of my top favorite musicals I am going to buy the dvd of it in concert so I can finally see it I bought this one movie but it was the movie of the book so no singing sad Fantine was played by Uma Thurman and Cozette, was Claire Danes, it was terribly sad because there wasnt even an Eponine and she was my favorite in the musical.... well in the version I have at least on the cd you guys have is Eponine played by Lea Salonga, shes Asian.????

message 39: by Naomi (new)

thats weird. how can there be no Eponine? she's one of the main characters! I'll have to find it in concert. ... anyway, yes. Eponine is played by Lea Salonga. xD

message 40: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments oh shes the main girl in miss saigon and she did the singing for Jasmine in Aladdin.....

message 41: by Naomi (new)

really? that's way cool. I didn't know she did those. xD cool!

message 42: by ☺Caleb☻ (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 55 comments well I think I heard it from someone else so maybe I'm spreading lies I will have to check and get back on that......but I know its true about Mis Saigon just not certain about Aladinn

message 43: by Naomi (new)

hmmm. it's still cool. xD