Harry Potter discussion

Books > "Order of the Pheonix"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Some people say that they thought Harry was to angry all the time in OoP. I thought that that was because Voldemort was inside his head and stuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I thought his beiong angry brought more feeling into the story.

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) yeah the whole voldemore in harry's head could have contributed to harry's anger. but at the same time people around him were keeping things from him and not telling him things as if he were a child. that would piss me off if people were doing that.

message 3: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments Yeah, people tell me OoP was dark probably because they're expecting Harry to be the young boy experiencing new things in a new world as they were introduced in the first two movies. It seems that there are people who are still afraid of change and could not see Harry evolving and getting deeper into that wizarding world where all things aren't that "magical" in a happy and good sense. Harry was angry with all the secrecy, as Ashley said, but that just shows he is growing up and would want to be involve and not protected as a child. He was also feeling Sirius' frustration in not getting out of Grimmauld Place. And who wouldn't want to be angry with Dolores Umbridge around?

message 4: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments Let me say first that I love Harry and so to criticize almost feels like sacrilege but I have to admit at times I felt really frustrated because Harry and the gang would doubt each other or Dumbledore after they had been so much together. Maybe that was the idea (w/o conflict it would be a boring story) but occasionally it was too much. I mean after working together for 7 years through such hard things they should have been able to read each others minds - and I don't mean by occlumency. :)

message 5: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie Book 5 was definitely good. I agree with the fact that he was too angry. Always angry. Then Sirius was 'supposedly' dying because of Voldemort, he was rushing things and not thinking, how can you blame him, his godfather was dying. As well, Snape kept invading his mind, that would make anyone go nuts.