Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > I was going to work out ....

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
BUT! But butt butt.
Okay so I get up nice and early and send my kidlets off to school. I get all dressed up in my work out clothes ready to hit the new gym this morning with my little guy. And guess what?!?
Of ALL the mornings he picks to sleep in! I totally missed the class I wanted to take and instead at a piece of cheesecake!
I'm going to fat girl hell!
but yeah it tasted SO good.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) You CRACK ME UP! (You're not alone, I'm going right along with you!!!)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Hey me too. Peanut butter hell, no less.

aaaaaaaaaahhh, with chocolate rain.....

hmmmm.......

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristen120378) That's ok. Any little thing throws off my gym plans too. Like last week, I was stuck in horrible traffic for an hour (typically only taks 15 minutes) and because of that, I went home. Any little excuse to be lazy...but after trying on my "going out clothes" (this shows you how much I "go out") this weekend I'm going to have to limit my excuses. Not a pretty sight! LOL

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments That's my problem - when you can't fit into non-stretchy clothes anymore, then you don't have much of a choice.

:(

message 6: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments I was supposed to work out with the boyfriend this morning however, he's cleaning out his room....full throttle.....now i don't know when I will get my workout in.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate | 96 comments Just out of curiousity...Do any of you read while you work out?

My sister uses the gym as her library. She also uses reading as her work-out motivation. It's the one place she reads for extended periods of time, so when she's really into a book, it motivates her to get back to the gym and to work out longer!

Me, I can't read on a stairmaster. It makes me ill. I can read on a reclining bike.

But mostly, I like to work out at places other than the gym...meaning outside. I like fresh air.

However, I must admit I'm a little envious of my sister's ability to work out hard, sweat and read simultaneously! She even has book friends at the gym. One of them is a guy in his 80's; they're always exchanging books.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Wow, that's neat (exchanging books w/guys in their 80's - sounds like an education!)

When I used to walk for exercise, I almost always brought an audiobook and a Walkman with me. I would save the book I liked the best and I would only listen when I walked. It kept me walking, as long as I had a good audiobook.

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristen120378) I wish I could read on the ellipical, but I bounce around to much and get "car sick". I didn't think about audiobooks though. I might give that a try, may get me more motivated!!!

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Give it a try - I found it's easier with books on tape than on CD, cause the CD's can tend to skip. I don't think I could do it either in print for that carsick feeling.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Yeah, reading while on work out machines makes me carsick! I don't go to the gym, we've got a tread mill and stationery bike in the spare room. That are both dusty.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments I've heard that if you can read while you're working out, you're not focusing on your workout or getting very much out of it. It sounds like Kate's sister has found a way around that! I need to learn it!

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (angelashly) | 9 comments Ohh I never thought about audiobooks for the gym. I will have to try that.

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments I wish I could read while working out too but I would get motion sickness. Audiobooks is a good idea for those who do audio reading, but unfortunately for me I prefer to actually read the book over audio.