Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Episode 8: The Fourth Man in the Fire

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sookie braces herself for more tragedy. Tara thinks of a new approach with dealing with her anger by adopting a similar therapy to Lettie Mae. Amy charms a crowd showing a darker side to Jason after the V juice runs out. Bill persuades Sookie into helping Eric using her gifts to catch criminals.

message 2: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Lettie Mae.... is that Tara's mother? I don't remember.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What other tragedy does Sookie go through? I know she starts to help Eric but I don't really think that's a tragedy? Unless they are talking about her dead cat...

message 4: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Must be the cat- she wasn't close to the last waitress that was killed. Gross how they showed that cat licking up Gran's blood in the last ep.!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments OMG Larissa yes I forgot that part. I thought WTF why is the cat lapping up Gran's blood like that. It was weird they need to feed that cat to Bubba.

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 25 comments I think lettie mae is that girl who was celebrating her divorce with jason ummm I think I'm not positive though.

message 7: by April (new)

April | 26 comments I thought the girl celebrating her divorce was Randi Sue (spelling?)... Hmmm...I'm confused...

message 8: by April (new)

April | 26 comments Ok, I had to get this straight so I looked it up on HBO's site. Lettie Mae Thornton is Tara's mother. Randi Sue is the divorced girl Jason hooks up with by the dumpster. Not sure who Amy is. I read book 1 recently and I'm ashamed to say I already forgot. :(

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Don't be ashamed I skimmed through the book. It was the only one I hadn't read in the series. I can't even remember who the killer was, which is probably why I'm enjoying the show so much.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (ashz) | 25 comments Who's Amy??? I don't remember an Amy in the books. Or is she a new character?

message 11: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) Okay folks, the Amy conversation is actually going in a second thread titled "Who's Amy?" None of us have really figured it out either from re-reading book one or from the info about the show.

Hopefully once this episode airs the mystery will be solved.

The general thoughs (if I remember correctly) are that Amy is someone Jason meets at Fangtasia. It's thought that she is the final person killed.

Anywho, she the "Who's Amy" thread for more details.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 16, 2008 03:31PM) (new)

Amy is a girl that Jason hooks up with at Fangtasia. You know in the books I knew Jason was a whore but the show really makes him worse. lol. Poor Tara you know she had to have had her hopes up when Jason was being all sweet... and then she catches him going at it by a dumpster! And he asks her to join! WTF!? That was pretty sad

message 13: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 25 comments oops yep randi mae is that girl oh all these two name people got me all mixed up.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

My cable box says for this one:
"Jason's latest girlfriend, Amy, is hit at Merlotte's, but her mood darkens when the "V" runs out. Meanwhile, Bill asks Sookie to help Eric in his hunt for a Fangtasia thief; Tara marvels at her mother's transformation; and Rene proposes to Arlene"

message 15: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandila) LOL Stacy, lots of people in Louisiana have the two names. Esp. the older ones. My mother comes from a large family and they always call each other by their first and middle names, don't ask me why. I think it's just wierd. I'm so glad she didn't name me with two names that go together like that. I thought your comment was hillarious. I live here and can't figure out why everyone does it. :D

message 16: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments Before the series started, someone mentioned that each season will cover one book, but wasn't it the very end of book one when Sookie helps Eric out with catching the thief? Who knows, maybe they are planning on moving things along faster, hopefully. I can't wait for Eric to start playing a bigger part in the series.

message 17: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 25 comments me neither he was so great when he lost his memory and sookie was taking care of him. screw bill he's a butt. Although I like him right now. I totally think that is his arm catching sookies leg in the preview. well I guess we all know he doesn't die in the fire. I can't remember the books that much anymore but it is totally bill underground when sookie was walking by it must be. anywho I hope there is more about sam as a shifter in this next episode. I loved naked sam running by.

message 18: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments lol, yeah the scene with Sam was funny! Not part of the books, but it was great. I can't remember which book it's in when Sookie figures out about Sam. I think that it's the first. About the hand that grabs Sookie, that has to be Bill. In the book, she goes running through the graveyard at dark calling Bill's name. The funny thing is that I am pretty sure that in the book, when the house get burned down it's during a time when Bill and Sookie are broken up. And then her terror for him causes them to get back together. It's too bad that I know the books so well, lol. Makes it harder to watch. I just have to keep reminding myself that they can't follow the books exactly. Anyways, we probably wouldn't want them to!

message 19: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments I was just on HBO's website, and they had a different synopsis for the next episode than what's already been posted on here, so I just thought that I'd add it.

“After Sookie witnesses the wholesale devastation of the vampire nest, she becomes inconsolable. Jason, on the other hand, is euphoric at finding his soul mate in the V-snorting, free-wheeling Amy. But even as she charms his friends in Bon Temps, Jason gets a does of her dark side – which could push him way beyond his already dubious boundaries.”

Maybe she’ll push him so far that he will finally wake up and realize how stupid he’s being. I just think that they are really ruining Jason. I’ve loved what they’ve done with expanding the story lines of some of the characters, but not Jason. Didn’t he already have enough vices in the book?!? Why do they need to make him an addict too!?! There synopsis doesn’t mention anything about Sookie helping Eric, but the promo appears that way. So, hopefully we will get a really good dose of him this week!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 24 comments Okay, after tonight's episode I'm seeing the guy playing Eric in a little better light. The faint accent helps.

Lafayette! No, yuck, yuck, Jimmy James from Talk Radio?

I'm glad they did the Bill sleeping in the dirt thing, it was a wierd part of the book, so it belonged there!

message 21: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 25 comments Oh Eric How I love thee. Sigh how I wish Bill would get lost and eric can get on with the wooing. He was so pretty in the bathtub.

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (seabsmith) | 19 comments I am still having visions of Alexander Skarsgard in the bathtub reeling in my mind....MMMMM, at the end of the episode, did you see his muscles, OOHHH YAAAA!

message 23: by Nanci (new)

Nanci (bookwoman3966) | 2 comments She lost her grandmother, and then she thought she lost Bill in the fire.

message 24: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Okay...Eric was too yummy for words last night in the bathtub. I'm going to have to watch the episode again just so I can ogle him some more. He was definitely better looking last night too. I think the hair was a little more natural looking. Can't wait for next week!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

yummy Eric! He was so beautiful in the bathtub but I even thought he was sexy wearing that tank top... it fit him in all the right places. Just get on with it and get Bill out of the picture. By the way... WHERE IS BUBBA'
Wasn't Bubba there the first time Sookie watched the kids? I want Bubba to be in the series.

message 26: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I like Eric. He's not as hot as I'd have liked but he's cool.

I thougt this episode was boring. Everybody aid that about the previous one but this one was lame. I thought they'd try to catch Lafayette but they kidnap the Vampire. Stupid much?

I liked that scene with Sam and Tara. That was hilarious. "You grunt." "Like a goddamn farm animal???" LOL

The 'demon' in Tara is what's gonna make her dumb in the books, I am betting. She's miserable right now but at least she's not a wimp!

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (seabsmith) | 19 comments Samantha and Lori I agree with you girls. I think Eric/Alexander is absolutely gorgeous. I was wondering the exact same thing about Bubba...WHERE the hell is he? Bubba is like one my favorite characters. Maybe this should be a quest to go to the True Blood website and ask.

I also agree with Stacy, Bubb-Bye Bill. If Sookie ends up with a vampire in the next book, I pray it is Eric. Too bad we have to wait till season's 3 and 4 for sparks to start flying between Eric and Sookie, that is if Alan Ball is going to go with *1 book per season* approach.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the same thing about Tara. She seems like such a wimp in the books, nothing at all like she is in this series. I think that her getting that done is what is going to make her the Tara we know from the books...

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy (ashz) | 25 comments I kinda like the way she (Tara) is now. Very strong willed and mouthy. I don't want her to be the woose thats in the books now.

message 30: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments Wow! Eric is HOT! No matter what he's wearing, he looks amazing, but Wow! Just LOVED him in the bathtub! He can break into my house anytime! I can’t wait for Sookie to dump Bill.

I agree that I like the Tara in the show better than the one in the books. She has so much spunk! She just seems more the type of person that Sookie would be friends with, someone that already speaks her mind so it doesn't really matter if Sookie accidentally listened in. I'm also getting a kick out of the whole situation with her and Sam.

As for Jason, maybe this freaky girl will finally scare him off of doing V! Let's hope, because I am already getting really tired of that story line.

And then there is Bill. After reading the books, I really hate Bill (like a lot of us in this group). He screwed up one too many times. But in the show, I was starting to fall for him again. Well, last night stopped that! When he came out of the graveyard, and Sookie told him not to bite her, “not tonight,” he barely hesitated, and then he did it anyways! Yeah, yeah, I know! He’s a vampire! That’s what he does! But he is supposedly her boyfriend, and he doesn’t know how to take “No” for an answer?!?

Let’s just hope that they keep showing more of Eric!

Oh, BTW, in book one, besides Maudette, Dawn, and Gran, were any other women killed before they caught the killer? Just wondering how much longer before they wrap that story line up, because the scene at Fangtasia on last nights show happened at the end of book 1, didn’t it?

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy (ashz) | 25 comments I thought she just told him not to bite her on the neck.... I'm going to have to watch it again.

By the way, I agree Kelley Anne... Eric can break into my house any time too!

message 32: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments I hope that's what she said, because otherwise he's an ass! I'll have to watch it again too.

message 33: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) She told him not to bite her on the neck so he went for her forearm.

message 34: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Wright (rhwright16) Forearm? I thought he chomped on one of the "girls"!
She definitely said not the neck.

message 35: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) All I could think of when he crawled out of the dirt was that he immediately put slot A into slot B with no foreplay and covered in dirt. Ouch...that had to hurt. That's what I don't like about Bill. He doesn't put Sookie first. I understand when they first wake that the blood and sexual lust is bad but jeez guy...learn a little self control. Did it happen that way in the book? I remember them taking a bath together that night but I can't remember if he fucked her right there in the dirt.

message 36: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Oct 29, 2008 12:44PM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Lori- I agree. When Bill just took Sookie all dirty, I was like Eww. Sookie is going to have some womanly probably after that. Vaginitis anyone? OMG Layfeyette kissing the guy from Newsradio was a WHOA! moment for me. Eric what can I say but YUMMY. loved the bathtub and tanktop. his hair looked like his own instead of that crazy wig. I LOVE ERIC can't wait to see him again.

message 37: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Wright (rhwright16) Sookie didn't exactly look like she was objecting to the whole event, ya'll. Don't be so sure that the pure site of him not burned to a crisp didn't do something for her. *wink*

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I've got to agree with Becca here. I think Sookie's relief at Bill being 'alive' made her more than willing. Besides, who doesn't like to get a little dirty every now and then.

She only told him not the neck, so he was respectful of the only request she made. Of course, I've always been a fan of Bill. Eric's personality bugs me. I've never been a fan of arrogant powerful men though. I know lots of women are! I'm not crazy for blondes either. So Eric just never had the makings of being in my dreams.

message 39: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Well, we'll all just have to agree to disagree where bill is concerned . I'm just saying that a dirty dick with no foreplay is not my idea of a good time. Maybe just the site of him makes Sookie instantly ready for intercourse. Still, it would have been much nicer if they'd taken a bath together first. That scene was obviously done for shock value. Didn't make me like Bill any better but then I've always been an Eric girl.

message 40: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
YES! Eric was much hotter in this episode. He might just work for me!

Didn't Bill bite her on the groin in the book? It looked like the shoulder in the episode.

message 41: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) Kelley Anne,

I believe only the three girls (Maudette, Dawn, and Gran) died in book one. You are correct, the scene at Fangtasia did come at the end of book one.

Anyone know how many episodes are left of this season? When will the next season air?

message 42: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) Kelley Anne - Ignore my ignorance. As you already pointed out in another thread, Amy is also killed.

message 43: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments I was convinced that there were only the 3 as well. I had to go back and reread parts of #1 to remember Amy. So, maybe that means they will be wrapping things up from book one soon and moving on?

Also, yes in the book they do get together out in the graveyard. But in the book they have been apart for about a week, and he actually stops and talks to her for a minute to find out why she's so upset before he just does it. Still not too romantic.

message 44: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 25 comments Totally agree about the ewwiness when it comes to Bill being dirty. I also thought she said NO for a second when he was going to bite her so I had to rewind she definetly said not the neck. He was being such a poop when he took her to fangtasia, although I liked his interaction with the kids. That little girl said you are not sookies boyfriend unless you get her flowers thats right girl tell him whats what. He definetly can get some more manners. and treat her a little better. Still loving eric sigh so pretty.

message 45: by Angie (new)

Angie I don't think Bubba will be in the series. Might be too hard to put him in for the audience who has never read the books. I really like Bill! I think he is hot! I was dying when Lafeyette was making out with that man! Like NO! Lafeyette is so hot to me he shouldn't be gay! I remember that guy from Office Space! Wasn't he in that?

Amy gets killed? That is a spoiler I didn't know that! She's not in the books right? Or if she is in the books was she Jason's girlfriend? I don't remember her.

message 46: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) My bad, Angie. I didn't mean to post a spoil... There's been a back and forth about Amy and who she is and where she is and if she's in the book and on and on.

Turns out, she is in the books.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments yeah he played the guy who burned the office down in Office Space. I love that movie.

message 48: by Angie (new)

Angie Well I guess it really isn't a spoiler for me since I have read the books but I must've forgotten about her! And it is crazy when I think about Lafeyette kissing the nerd from Office Space! The whole kissing thing was totally Allan Ball's style.

message 49: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments The way I remember the graveyard scene in the book, it was still raining, so he didn't crawl out of the dirt so much as the mud...and then he had his way with her right there in the mud. THEN they had a bath together because they were covered in mud. I thought it was hot, personally. The scene in the show was too clean.

I think he bit her on the breast, which I don't remember anyone doing until Eric did it in Dead to the World. I was a little disappoined they let Bill do it, I always felt like that was sort-of Eric's trademark. It showed that he was considerate enough to NOT help her advertise her interaction with vamps.

message 50: by Amy (new)

Amy (ashz) | 25 comments I didn't mind the grave yard scene too much.

Layfette scene........ewwwwwwww!!! I mean I knew he was like that but I didn't want to see it!

I actually didn't start liking Eric until later in the books. But in the show, he's hot!

« previous 1