Team Edward discussion

Should Stephenie Meyer continue with 'Midnight Sun'?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 372 (372 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments Should Stephenie Meyer continue with 'Midnight Sun'?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments Yes!!!! I think that she should have us personaly send her an E-Mail saying that we want the book and she just charges us like $30, I would pay $100 dollars though, and she sends us the book, think of all the money she could get, and plus happy customers, so yeah that is my opinion though!
You?

message 3: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear OMG I want that book to come out! I NEED it to! I will LOVE it with all my heart!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments No joke i so want it to happen. So we should go to her house and then start making signs and protesting!!!! lol

message 5: by ♥*Suzie*♥ (new)

♥*Suzie*♥ Duh!!!!!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments lol so how long did it take for you guys to get into it? the book i mean.

message 7: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments It took me like the first page.
lol.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments no joke. have you guys read all the 12 chapters in MidnightSun?

message 9: by Bridget (new)

Bridget I just downloaded Midnight Sun and plan on reading it this week.

message 10: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments I haven't read it.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments OMG it is so good. You have to do it ASAP!!!

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (MegRichii) | 4 comments hellz yeah she should!!!!!!!! i am completely obsessed with this series!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments oh whenever i would hang out with my friends i brought it up every time so they started to talk behind my back!!!

message 14: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments Wow that's not cool.
Well if they are going to make fun of you and talk about you behind your back then they really aren't your friends. And well they just don't know how amazing the books are. Get them to read them. I got my friends to and I can't ever stop talking about them. :) I love them so much and there is only 37 days until the movie.

message 15: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments I wish that she would make all of them in his point of veiw. That would be great. and I don't want to read it on the enternet because if she does release them then I don't want to spoil the suprize. lol. :)

message 16: by Immortal (last edited Oct 15, 2008 09:42AM) (new)

Immortal Fiction (immortalfiction) | 4 comments YES! The Review I posted last night says it all and it IS my letter to Stephenie too. There are no spoilers just sincere opinion: We Need IT! :)

Midnight Sun
Thank you Stephenie for making the Midnight Sun peak available to those of us who already LOVE your work! PLEASE finish this story, even if you totally rewrite what you've done so far! We LOVE your writing and the thoughts and experiences you've written into Edward's life are important! Plus there's so much more to the Cullen family relationships and activities going on at the same time as Bella's thoughts. Midnight Sun makes Bella's life seem trivial by comparison. I agree with others that I'd love New Moon from Edward's life too through all his exploits and the suffering he must have endured. He shares some with Jacob in Eclipse but it could never be like wading through it with him. It helps to see how much he suffers and how he could ever make the decisions that I want to hold against him.

I already adore Bella from her weakness and insecurity to the strength and courage and maturity she gains along the way. And I already loved Edward for his charm, his true devotion to her and his family, his rare gentleman qualities and integrity. But now I know he had far less confidence than I thought from Twilight and he struggled more with himself, his self-worth, in getting to know her, realizing he loves her and trying to decide to decide if he deserves her though he seems cocky at times in Twilight.

His battles and all the Alice reveals right from the start make this story about three times deeper for me now and I was already obsessed with it! I listen repeatedly to all four of the Twilight audiobooks day and night while working, walking in the park, and falling asleep. But I go soooo much more of a well-rounded view through reading what you've done so far with Midnight Sun. I want more... to know all that he went through and experienced not only throughout the first book but I would love to read his perspective throughout the series.

I would even love to read a Jacob perspective of New Moon and Eclipse. You gave us some of him in Breaking Dawn and the "crazy half-naked wolf boys" are so fun to read. But You have given Edward so much more depth than we ever hope to know or guess by the Twilight books alone, even though he shares some of his feelings and struggles in conversations with Bella and Jacob off and on, it is nothing like reading the thoughts and emotions and the many misunderstandings they have the entire time they are getting to know eachother is downright hilarious and sweet simultaneously.

Midnight Sun completes a dual-side story perfect example of how differently men and women can see and interpret things and how far off we can be in determining what the other one is thinking. It is fun, meaningful and just WONDERFUL to have even these few chapters of Midnight Sun and I beg you to finish it and write even more.

I know you feel robbed (beyond the money) and betrayed by whoever let this go online, but FEEL LOVED and ADMIRED by all who are reading it. Its just like releasing a single off an album giving us a taste for the complete package. And many of us would GLADLY PAY IN ADVANCE! And I'm serious here... having read all I've seen out there from fans if you put a donation button on your site you'd get tons of financial appreciation for what you've written so far of Midnight Sun and we'd still buy it full price when it comes out officially!

This review doubles as a letter a Stephenie since we can't reach her (understandably! we'd rather you keep writing too!) So I publish for all who have interest in this book and more! Get it from HER SITE ONLY so she has a record of the downloads and you have her chosen version.

message 17: by Ami (new)

Ami (ami33) YES!!!

message 18: by Bakeshow (new)

Bakeshow (bakeshow77) I agree with Rebourne word for word! Stephenie, if you are reading this, please Please PLEASE finish Midnight Sun! I put off reading it for the longest time, thinking that if I resisted, somehow you would reconsider and complete it.

Finally, I succomed to temptation and read... and I need more! It wasn't enough! I kept thinking, "If she had only done through The Meadow... no wait, Mind Over Matter... NO wait, The Cullens..." Then I just wanted the whole thing. But my thirst doesn't stop there.

I would die to know what Edward was doing those months. I know it would be depressing... but Wow. How great would it be to be inside his head in Italy, especially when he hears Bella's voice and thinks he is dead. And to hear his thoughts when he proposes and at the wedding, and when she is pregnant... oh.... It's a sick sick addiction... but I need more! PLEASE dont let a few stupid people ruin an amazing thing!

message 19: by Karishma (new)

Karishma YES!!!please please please keep writing it! I love Edward's point of view! It just proves that he and Bella are meant to be together even more!I wish she'd done the next couple of chapters though...

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (seabsmith) | 4 comments I just re-read the series last week and thought of something. I really hope she does finish Midnight Sun because I would absolutely love to hear Edward's side of the story. Also, I would think that she starts a series on Jacob and Renesmee or even Renesmee's side of the story. I think that would be absolutely amazing. Stephenie has totally captured my interest. Her books touched me in ways that are hard to describe and I just need more!

message 21: by campbema (new)

campbema OK. I think that SHE HAS TO!!!! I read 4 books in ONE WEEKEND. Also, Robert P. (whose playing Edward) got to read one that was completed so he could 'play the part perfectly' I think that it's unfair for one person to read it and not let anyone else read, Plus whoever sent that out online, her friend, isn't really her friend and we shouldn't suffer the consequences of her (her friend, not Stephanie Meyer) being mean.

message 22: by Melissa (last edited Nov 16, 2008 03:24PM) (new)

Melissa (seabsmith) | 4 comments I have thought about that as well. But you know in Steph's interview about Twilight, she said she wrote the entire book around the meadow scene and just added different sections as she thought them up. Then she put the book together. Maybe she did the same thing with Midnight Sun and let Robert Pattison see her manuscript. From what I have seen of the behind the scenes clips, she was right there during the production, so maybe with her manuscript and her as a teacher she helped Rob pull Edward together. The one she has posted on her website stops before the meadow scene, WHAT A FRIGGIN SHOW STOPPER, I was like, dammit woman, could you have gotten me any more excited...LOL It was kinda harsh that she left it like that, I wouldn't have even posted it for my fans if I knew I wasn't going to finish it. What a waste...She can take the characters even further. She could do a series on Jasper and Alice, Nessie and Jacob, Rose and Emmet, Carlisle and Esmee, or even Charlie and Sue. It has potential. I wish I could be a spot on the inside of her brain to figure out what she is trying to do. The woman has talent. I think that she should finish it!

message 23: by Zoe (new)

Zoe  (zcatusfly) | 2 comments i think that the midnight sun idea was great (come on, what twilight fan isn't dying to get into edward's head), but doing the series from evryones point might get a bit tedious.

message 24: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Stephenie only gave Robert the first chapter of Midnight Sun, not the entire thing. where did u hear that she let him read the whole thing?

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mveloz) | 1 comments I would love for her to finish Midnight Sun...it's a must!!

message 26: by Tazreader (new)

Tazreader (MsTiffyCullen) | 3 comments It is a must and if she doesn't she'll be hearing from me and i wont be happy

message 27: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Smith (literatepea) heck yes!!!!! ive already started reading her draft

message 28: by Amrita (new)

Amrita I've read all twelve chapters, and I love it! I really hope she finishes it, and I totally agree with Rebourne!

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments YESSSSS!!! whats that old saying? one bad apple...just bc someone was DUMB ENOUGH to leak it doesnt mean we all should be punished! PLEEEEEEEEASE finish the book(besides it could be another movie we get to see ROB in!) Am I right, Ladies?! lol

message 30: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 104 comments lol

message 31: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 10 comments she definitley should!! i would die without it!! some people have told me about what midnight sun is about though.. SPOILER! kidding..if anyone wants me to tell them than sure..but i dont know if its actually it..

message 32: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 23 comments YES!!! if she did i would be the happiest person alive! so please Stephanie Meyer if your reading this... think of all those people like me who dont get to read it all because some idiot put it on the internet illegally

message 33: by Annaka (new)

Annaka (lustzumreisen) Taylor wrote: "YES!!! if she did i would be the happiest person alive! so please Stephanie Meyer if your reading this... think of all those people like me who dont get to read it all because some idiot put it on ..."

duh!!!!!! come on stephanie!

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments Where can you get Stephenie Meyer' email address? i think we should all sign a petition and give it to her and then we get her to finish the book and we could all live happily ever after!!!!!

The End

if only life were as easy for us as it was for souls!!!! hahahah

message 35: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Smith (literatepea) i wouldnt mind if she did the series over and over again from everyone's point of veiw!

message 36: by Latuacantante (new)

Latuacantante | 1 comments of course she should! I'll die if she doesn't!!!!

message 37: by Faith (new)

Faith | 12 comments I understand that she was upset about it being leaked and she is entitled to feel that way, but I think it would be a real shame for both her and the fans not to release the book. I've read the first 12 chapters and actually preferred it from Edwards view. I read somewhere (possibly on her site) she was only going to write the one book from his view, and maybe others from Jacobs (continuing from the end of the 4th book), but I think she at least had material for a second book from Edwards view. I always wondered exactly what he was doing for all those how many pages he didn't appear in, in the second book.

message 38: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 23 comments back to what sarah wrote about a petiton... there is one i saw on a website called like save midnight sun or something and theres a petition i signed and it has like 49,196 signatures right now... it is (http://www.savemidnightsun.com/petito...) everyone sign the petiton

message 39: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I am definitely hip on the idea of telling twilight from another perspective, especially Edward's. It allows the reader to develop a deeper understanding. It can unveil some of the mystery, but I think I have a better understanding of Edward from what little I read in the posted excerpt of Midnight Sun.

I think this scenario might help Breaking Dawn because I found that to be the weakest written book of the series.

message 40: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Taylor wrote: "back to what sarah wrote about a petiton... there is one i saw on a website called like save midnight sun or something and theres a petition i signed and it has like 49,196 signatures right now... ..."

i cant get on the petition site.plz help me!!

message 41: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 27 comments Karishma wrote: "i cant get on the petition site.plz help me!!"

I did, too. Not sure why the link doesn't work. Just go to http://www.savemidnightsun.com and then click the link to sign the petition.

message 42: by Elyzabeth (new)

Elyzabeth (livelaugh124) | 11 comments its AWESOMEEEEE i neeed it 2 come out!!ill explode if it didnt so PLEASE finish it i luv luv luv the series so please!!!

message 43: by Cara (new)

Cara (caraburrito) | 2 comments I think it will be hard for her to continue Midnight Sun but I really, really want her to anyway!

message 44: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) OK i agree.. She should finish the book.. Ive read the draft about a 100 timea already.. i tried 2 stay away but i gave into the temptation *sigh* SO PLEASE STEPHANIE FINISH THE BOOK!!!! ohh and i would love 2 c the series through Edwards eyes!!! there are sooo many parts throughout the books were i cant help but think about wat Edward would b thinking in that particular section lol..

message 45: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) lol.. isnt it sooo good? lol

message 46: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) lol.. EXACTLY!!! Even my sister liked it and- even though im ashamed 2 admit it- shes a Team Jacob person *sigh:shes gone crazy*

message 47: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) ur a team switzerland?(srry 4 the spelling) thats kool lol

message 48: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) lol.. @ least u havent picked a side.. thats better id think.. sadly Jacob just pissed me off 2 much along the way.. i had 2 go with Edward lol

message 49: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) lol.. i think hes a little hypocritical though.. but thats just my opinion lol.. well Taylor Hot.. the character no so much.. Edward's character is HOT, Rob, could do with a lil more muscle lol (both in my opinion lol)

message 50: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) lol yup

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8