Writing Passionates discussion

Read my Story/Story Help > Help...is it possible?!?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
Okay, so I'm almost done writing my outline for my NaNoWriMo story. It's going to be a vampire story...but there's just this thing that needs to happen, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Basically, towards the beginning of the book, this vampire dies. Then, towards the end, I need her to come back to do something important. The thing is, she still has to die at the beginning, because that's important.

So I was thinking maybe she'd come back as a ghost. But...is that possible? Can vampires come back as ghosts?!?

message 2: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
Well, it's your story and you can make anything happen, so long as you follow the rule once you set it down. I mean, I am making every person have two souls in my own story.

You could also have her pull a snow white and be in an eternal sleep (in a coffin underground, perhaps, because they thought she was dead) and then wake up for some reason.

message 3: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited Oct 01, 2008 01:05PM) (new)

Yeah I guess it's my story so I can make anything happen...but I don't know how I'd pull if off, because no other vampires come back as ghosts...

Hmm, I could do the snow white thing...

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashocalypse) Are you sure that it's necessary to have this particular character come back? Or is there any way you could create a similiar character to get the job done? Because, if you could, just create a similiar character.

Or, maybe you could have this vampire's twin sister come and do what you were going to have her do? But that might be adding too much to your story... a ghost might be easier to write about.

Maybe there was something special about the way she died - like her soul didn't fully pass on to the next life or something? So, she's half in this world, half in the next.

That's just what came off the top of my head...

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 181 comments Why should you follow other rules? It's your story, like Roni said. Plus it's more fun that way. ^V^

message 6: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Ashley, I need this character to come back because she had a relationship with the main character before and that's why she needs to come back again...and she needs to die because her death leads to a whole new set of events after that. Maybe I could have her soul in between or something like that...

Or maybe she's special and came back as a ghost because she wanted revenge so badly..? hmm...

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) or in the afterlife or whatever she asked to come back briefly for revenge??

message 8: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

hmm, maybe! :D

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) came off the top of my head, you like it??

message 10: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

i still haven't decided what to do yet. but it could work! :D

message 11: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
asking to come back reminds me of the last chapter of The Morte. Which proves that it would work, sort of.

message 12: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
From Roni's previous post, I am writing a story about people who have two souls too! But it is too embarresing to post on goodreads. Its not good at all.

message 13: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

roni, you're right, it does! so i guess it could work...except it's not being very original, copying something from one of my other stories...but ah well. i was thinking that maybe it's more of an automatic thing- just that she died with such a strong desire for revenge that she immediately came back as a ghost, because her spirit wasn't willing to let go.