A Child Called "It" (Dave Pelzer, #1) A Child Called "It" discussion

Wow I cannot wait to start this

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia This seems like an amazing book and many of my friends have read it and have liked it. Do you think I will? Is it a good book??

Thanks
BOOKLUVER<3

Reem yes, It's a good and amazing book!
I have read It and I liked It so much, I wish you still like It after read It

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Very great book! In fact, I would also recommend reading all of his works if you like this book.This is the first of his many true series of novels.

Cynthia This is a great book I read it this year and it's amzaing

Alice (; It is an easy-read book, but has a great lesson. I think everyone should read it just to arise the awareness of child abuse.

Atarah Poling I believe it's an absolutely amazing book. I really do hope you enjoy it. And if you do then check out his other books as well.

Hanna i really did love the book, i thought that book was sad, but very very good to read.

Rachael i agree with most of the posts. i have read all peltzer's work and the first two are absolutely riveting. make sure and have a kleenex handy though.

Hanna well, i think that a lot of people should read this book, it's so inspiring!!! it will make you cry.

Ellen Be aware that this book is very disturbing. Good read but the imagery sticks with you for a long time.

Hanna yep, it does.

message 12: by Amna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amna yeah i really really loved it

Hanna i know, i loved it too!:) it was like the best book, i read it like a lot!!! not even kidding..........

Karen B. This was one of those books I loved but that made me so sad. To read this, and then some of the later books, was inspirational.

Foxy Grandma I have read this book at several different times in my life. It still makes me cry, laugh and have hope.

Danielle Mary  Friedrich i love this book it is so sad i could feel the pain i dont see how a mother can be soooo mean to her child

Sandra Jones Absolutely! Pelzer's childhood was horrendous. His book has raised awareness about child abuse and how easily children can slip through the cracks. I recommend reading "The Lost Boy" as well. It's inspiring to read about how Pelzer overcame abuse and neglect to become a successful adult and loving parent. I must admit, "A Man Named Dave" (Pelzer's third book) seemed redundant. I had a difficult time getting through it. The first two books are must-reads though!

Danielle Mary  Friedrich ive read all three i love them i own them i tried to get my sister to read it but i cant get her to read any thing

Dianne One of the most heart wrenching books I have ever read. The horror this child went through breaks my heart every time I think about it. Yes, it is a must read if for nothing other than feeling someone else's pain.

Hanna i know, it kills me that david pelzer had to go through all that pain from his mother, it broke my heart into pieces........................:(

Ashanti King This book is so good but it will make u cry.

Nessa I really enjoyed it but it was heartbreaking to read. I swear, I finished and went right to give my kids a big hug. I think it's one of those books that has to be read at some point in life. The message in it is powerful.

Hanna your right. it is very powerful

Beata This book was recommended by my 13 year old daughter. Her literary arts class was reading this book in class and she found it so compelling she wanted to read it again at home. Read his other two books also. What as story about a boy growing up and the perseverence to deal with the day to day life he was forced to live with. No one needs to experience the neglect and abuse this little boy suffered.

message 25: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Lia wrote: "This seems like an amazing book and many of my friends have read it and have liked it. Do you think I will? Is it a good book??

Thanks
BOOKLUVER<3"

Of course you will

Kristy Trauzzi Yes! It's very sad so it's hard to say it's a "good" book. But well worth the read. I have yet to get my hands on his other books but I can't wait.

message 27: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Samantha wrote: "Lia wrote: "This seems like an amazing book and many of my friends have read it and have liked it. Do you think I will? Is it a good book??

You welcome :)

Thanks
BOOKLUVER

Of course you will"

Hanna i would totally read that book again!:)

message 29: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha lol

Maritza I read this a long time ago.... I can still feel the sadness and rage that went through me as I read this book. I had to hug my son after reading it. I can't understand how a mother can pick one of her children to hate and abuse so badly and how a father can stand by and allow it. The father made me the most angry. I know the mother was the abuser but she did have a host of mental issues and addictions.The father even though he hated what was happening to david did absolutely nothing. It is a very disturbing book but a must read.

Kristy Trauzzi Maritza wrote: "I read this a long time ago.... I can still feel the sadness and rage that went through me as I read this book. I had to hug my son after reading it. I can't understand how a mother can pick one ..."

I want to like this! Darn fb for getting me addicted to that! I totally agree. I didn't have a son at the time but I do now and I just can't imagine. And I remember feeling more anger towards the Dad then the Mom. I am not sure how you can sit back and allow something like that to happen. Especially when he's your son. :(

Hanna i just totally love this book, and recommend it!:)

message 33: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna It does have quite violent scenes and many scenes with abuse that I do not dare write because I will wreck it for you.

Hanna well, i have read it, and, you would not wreck me.

message 35: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Yes as a matter of fact I will destroy it by just letting the words that I want to write.

Hanna ok.

message 37: by Bella (new)

Bella Marie It is a really good book :O)

Hanna yeah, i know right? but, it is very sad, it made me cry:(