Chuck Palahniuk Rocks My Socks discussion

Snuff

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pablo (new)

Pablo Cares | 7 comments Hardly anyone has had anything good to say about this book, I'm beginning to fear that it will be a letdown. Then again, I was never one to fall into peer pressure.

message 2: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (tricycles) I picked it up last week, but I haven't read it yet. Looking forward to it, though!

message 3: by Palo (new)

Palo | 2 comments I agree, not his best work, but still can be claimed as Palahniuk's.

message 4: by Pablo (new)

Pablo Cares | 7 comments That is a relief. I'm glad to hear that I have something to look forward to when I read this book, which is more often than not the case with Palahniuk's books.

Thanks for the reassurance though.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 12 comments Just started it, I'm three characters in, weird and wonderful as usual.

message 6: by lbuch79 (last edited Jun 19, 2008 03:29PM) (new)

lbuch79 It's a quick read, i liked it but it deffinetely wouldn't make my top 5. It really, for me at least, felt like something put out to hold me over until his next book.

message 7: by Selena (new)

Selena (selenacurrently) I definitely agree with Lonnie. It was a quick read but it wasn't as memorable as many other Palahniuk books are.

message 8: by Elli Jo (new)

Elli Jo (ElliJo) | 5 comments I am so hoping this book is better than you all say. I know that not many people here thought anything good about Rant but I really really enjoyed it! Even though I must say I am still confused and puzzled by the whole thing.

I am hoping I find you all wrong about Snuff....

:)

However, I am ready Invisble Monsters and having a really hard time with it.... I just cannot get that into it...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I was really disappointed in Snuff. I was so excited to read it and it kept my interest well enough. But it really wasn't what I thought it could be. Hopefully, his next one is great. I need a great Chuck book!

*JEN the booknerd* I feel the same way you do. It was okay but nothing like his usual great books. I was very disappointed in this one. C'mon Chuck, give us some mind blowing craziness again!!

message 11: by Pablo (new)

Pablo Cares | 7 comments Well, I liked Snuff. I liked Rant too. Of course they weren't his /i/ best books, but they were Chuck Palahniuk, and therefore great. :D

message 12: by Gail (new)

Gail (nolollygagging) | 2 comments I had lowered my expectations for Snuff, but I read it and it's awesome. The ending is just effed up!

message 13: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas (Nicholas_C_Encinias) | 15 comments Just finished it and loved it but one complaint too short.

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 12 comments I agree, way too short. I loved it!

message 15: by Atlas (new)

Atlas (boxofpearls) | 4 comments I am looking forward to reading Snuff, even if people say it is not his best work, I am still looking forward to it. And I loved Rant.

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (littletiern) oh pablo! rant is my favorite work of his! snuff is really good; not his typical stuff though as others have mentioned. it seems like he just had this funny idea that he decided to write about.

message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen | 3 comments Agreed -- Rant was brilliant.

Stephanie wrote: "oh pablo! rant is my favorite work of his! snuff is really good; not his typical stuff though as others have mentioned. it seems like he just had this funny idea that he decided to write about."

message 18: by J.W. (new)

J.W. (interalia626) | 4 comments I too agree that Rant was great.

message 19: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Sheffield Pablo wrote: "Hardly anyone has had anything good to say about this book, I'm beginning to fear that it will be a letdown. Then again, I was never one to fall into peer pressure."

definitly not one of his top works. it was almost to easy to read, and i seem to veer towards his more in depth works that require some deciphering