College Students! discussion

college talk > procrastinating

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
i am procrastinating. hardcore.
i'm so supposed to be studying for an exam.
but i keep ending up on here..and basically doing anything else not to study. i'll be regretting it tomorrow for sure.

i am HORRIBLE!

anybody else on here procrastinating at the moment?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I'm procrastinating too. I have a 4 page essay due on Monday and I haven't worked on it much.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

at least I'm not alone on that one! :)
I seriously am the worst procrastinator ever.
i will find anything else to do. but somehow i always get everything done and get good grades. i think that fuels the procrastination even more..knowing that i will get it done eventually. but i stress myself out..ugh.

anyways..to procrastinate more..idk if you read the writing section at all..but i was thinking..that since you are our own famous published writer :) ...

..you should pick the prompt for the first writing thing! let me know what you think!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) do you mean like the first writing exercise? cuz i have book that has a few of those.

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

yeah..I think you should post the first one for next week :)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) ok :)

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments story of my life lately! i have been procrastinating to know end. I keep going out when I should be writing papers or I will sit on the computer and play spider soltaire!

message 8: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

oooh spider soltaire..nice!

message 9: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ahh i should definitely be writing a paper..but am i? NOOO. what am i doing?? sitting on GR. :)

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) lol... i'm going back and forth between my paper and GR.

message 11: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

haha nice. i'm also fighting off the urge to nap because it's dark and rainy!
what's your paper about?

message 12: by Ashley (last edited Sep 28, 2008 05:57PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) it has to be a 4 page paper about one of the topics we were given to choose. I chose the one about exploring what education is and what it means to be an educated person. It is for my critcally thinking class. I hate it. I do not have the skill to analyze things on a theoretical or philosophical level. Makes my brain blow a fuse. I was only able to type up about 2 pages.

message 13: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

haha yeah i'm with you. i hate assignments like that.

mine is killing me as well. it's a 6 page critical review on 3 authors that we have read in class for my issues in contemporary lit class. I would really just rather read the books and write a paper about those..rather than researching what other people say about the author..i don't care what anybody thinks about them or what reception they got when it was published..i really just care what i thought about it and how I interacted with it! ahh. end of rant!

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) amen..lol. well its not the end of the world. the good thing is my instructor will give us a chance to rewrite one of our papers at the end of the term. this paper was hard because it was an analysis paper. we could use "I", "You", "We" etc. And we couldn't put in any of our opinions.

message 15: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ooh that's nice that you will be able to do that! that does sound like a pretty rough paper. I hope you got it done! :) i finally finished mine at 2 am.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments I am DEFINITELY procrastinating tonight!! :)
I even cleaned my room so that I didn't have to study!

message 17: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

hahah nice. i similarly did that the other day..i even cleaned the bathroom! Good luck studying!

message 18: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ahh im procrastinating again!! Story of my life. I have so much to do for tomorrow..and at the rate i'm going..i'll be pulling an all nighter :)

message 19: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments me tooo. I have an exam tomorrow. Have I looked at? NO!

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly (slinkyxo) | 153 comments i am currently procrastinating..i have a paper and a test for tomorrow!

message 21: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments MmmHmm, I've got a test TONIGHT and someone coming over in 2 1/2 hrs. and instead of doing anything whatsoever to get ready for any of that I'm on the computer!

message 22: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

haha that sounds just like something i would do! good luck on your test!!

message 23: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments Thanks! He changed it to take-home, so now we have to write it like it's a term paper, citing and all. His take home tests are supposed to be extremely in depth - something like around 20 pages!

message 24: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) You know what makes me procrastinate....fmylife.com

anyone else read that instead of studying?

message 25: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Haha definitely. I adore fmylife. If I'm in the need of a good laugh (which is pretty much always), I go there.

message 26: by David (new)

David (canadiandave) I have a big cataloging assignment due in my MLS...and instead I finished two books yesterday, am finishing a third (Switly Tilting Planet by Madeline L'Engle), and am updating GoodReads.

And I've never heard of fmylife.com...

message 27: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments I'm always procrastinating and reading instead of doing whatever it is that I should be doing. Life is short, so I'm going to read all I can. As a side note, what does a cataloging assignment consist of?

message 28: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments Kelsey, I love that! Life IS short. Thanks for making me see things in perspective. It's all about what your real priorities are, right?

message 29: by David (new)

David (canadiandave) Kelsey - Right now we're working on learning access points using the LCSH thesaurus to determine wording. We've a huge list of different items that we need to assign the correct access points including LC catalog fields and subfields. A lot of work goes behind the scenes in libraries!

message 30: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
April and Kelsey

You two are in BIG TROUBLE! Well, actually you have gotten me into big trouble. I did not need another sight that inables me to procrastinate and waste time! Fmylife is pretty funny.

message 31: by Kelsey (last edited Apr 03, 2009 04:24PM) (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Haha sorry about that...

David: That sounds like a ton of work! I know a lot of us in this group have already talked about it, but I'm definitely considering going for my MLS after I get my BA. I work at a bookstore right now, which I know is probably nowhere near the same thing, but they probably have their similarities. I just love organizing and sorting, helping people find books, recommending books, reading books, being around books...haha and the list goes on. Anyway, are you enjoying it?

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments Definitely procrastinating on a huge project..I figured I hadn't been on here in a really really long time so I figured I should come back lol..you know..right at this moment when I should be productive.

message 33: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

welcome back!! :) we haven't seen you in a LONG time. I've missed you!

message 34: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen I have been procrastinating all semester on a final project for my independent study. I will seriously regret it at the end of the year when I also have to write two more papers, one 10 pages and one 20, and write up a take-home exam.

message 35: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker I'm doing really badly at it! I have a book review over the new Andrew Jackson biography next Tuesday and I've only read like 50 pages. It's 350 pages long. Since I'm going home this weekend, I don't foresee myself doing much work this weekend. I need to get on it because I going to run out of time.

message 36: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker Oh and PS--This site has definitely made my procrastinating worse because I can always find something to do on the site be it look at other people's books, find new threads, or respond to comments. *sigh*

message 37: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Same here. Though I did just print out a bunch of stuff about my science writing topic... I haven't read them, but at least I have them now.

message 38: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments Me too... ): I'm gonna have to do something to limit my gr time...

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 10, 2009 04:20AM) (new)

My exams are next week..I'm on this because stats is driving me crazy....seriously, if anyone knows how to do a one-way dependent ANOVA let me know..or if anyone knows what the hell ANOVA is, that would be good too. I'm so dead next week!

(Does the dependent part refer to the dependent variable???....I'm going to fail that exam.)

message 40: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen The only anova-ish thing I've heard of is the series on PBS (a US channel). It's called Nova. Sorry, good luck!

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 12, 2009 02:12AM) (new)

its funny i procrasinated on the last exam and i got an A, and when i was taking the criminal courses, it seemed like every test was a repeat of the material from the previous semester, and so i procrasinated even more and got 100s by not studying. Now, i am done with the criminal courses and i am just taking the general courses and i am somehow getting As and procrasinating. i have 2 tests next wk and what i am doing to prepare for them nothing. instead of preparing i am updating Goodreads college students group at 5:11 in the morning.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

the teacher wanted to roll next week's test into the final for a 3hr final test. Can you imagine studying 12 for a 3 hr exam,OMG! i wouldnt study i would just sit there. Unfortuantely the vote for this proposal came up empty.

message 43: by Verity (new)

Verity (exlibros) Roisu wrote: "My exams are next week..I'm on this because stats is driving me crazy....seriously, if anyone knows how to do a one-way dependent ANOVA let me know..or if anyone knows what the hell ANOVA is, that ..."
Did you ever get anyone to respond about the stats? I wish I had not been in the middle of nowhere (w/o internet for the past 8 days) otherwise I could have helped you since I got a minor in math and really like stats...well, still can, though I imagine you have already taken your exam.

message 44: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments I think she's taking it this morning/evening (the time change)...so you could try to PM her and see if she still needs help...I don't think anyone else knew what ANOVA was.

message 45: by Verity (new)

Verity (exlibros) I've heard of IM but not PM...now I feel old.

message 46: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen I've never heard of PM either and I am 22...

message 47: by Nuri (new)

Nuri (nools) | 145 comments pm = private message, i think.

mostly a forums thing.

message 48: by Mandee (last edited Apr 18, 2009 09:16AM) (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments Sorry guys! Yes, Nools is right, it means private message: go to her profile page and click on send message...I have no idea why I wrote it like that instead of just saying message her, but all I meant was try sending her a message. :) I think I adopted it out of laziness. :)

Edit: I don't think you have to worry about feeling old, because I'm pretty sure I've been reading PM a lot in the chicks on lit group and there are people of all ages in that group...

I don't know about the forums thing cause I don't belong to any forum websites, but maybe that's where it originated from...

message 49: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Mandee, I'm glad you said it because now I'll know what it means!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I think my profession was to be a procrastinator. I always end doing my projects at the last minute, and it sucks! Cause, I am always in a rush!! boo!

« previous 1 3