SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

And Now, a Word From Our Sponsor > All Members May Add to Our Bookshelves

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 25, 2014 04:18PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Thanks to Cindy and all who have been adding books to our bookshelves. Just a reminder: All members are welcome (and encouraged) to add PNR/UF series books to our group bookshelf . If you notice a shelf (or tag) is needed, but not listed, please feel free to create that as well.

If you aren't sure if a book should/n't be included, feel free to ask.

Cheers!

ETA:
* When adding books to the group's bookshelf, please mark it as "read" instead of "to-read" or "currently reading". Those options are used to build our Book-of-the-Month library.

* Books outside of the PNR/UF genres are allowed, if they are fantasy-related and/or part of a series (the main focus of this group) that you think other members would enjoy. Please ask us first, if you are uncertain.

* Please do not use to the tags "bom-read" or "series-read" when adding books. Those tags are used specifically as designators for the book of the month reads and series reads we host as a group. Thanks!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Come on folks! It's easy and FUN!!!

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments :D

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Hi, Ken. You are welcome to add some information about your book in our "Around the WWW & Goodreads" folder, if you'd like. You may find some members are interested in checking it out. Good luck to you!

message 5: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 2752 comments Question about this, Steph. You mention in the first post that members can add UF or PNR series but I see other tags like 'highlander', 'time travel', 'fantasy' etc. so I'm taking that to assume that we can add from those genres as well?

message 6: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Basically, if it fits the parameters of SOS and is something you think other members would enjoy (and as there are tags in place for those), go ahead and add it! ;)

message 7: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Yeah, sorry for the confusion, DG. We are primarily a PNR/UF series group, so I listed those genres in my first post. But, many of our members enjoy offshoots of those genres, so I've allowed those additions as well. Like Judithe said, if it's within the broad 'fantasy' genre and something you think other members would enjoy - add it! :D

message 8: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments When adding books to the group's bookshelf ... please remember to flag it as 'READ', not 'to-read' or 'currently-reading'. Those two options are used for our BOM and series reads only. Thanks! :D

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Olerich | 2 comments Is it totally inappropriate to add my own UF books to the shelf? All ego aside, I wrote my series to help readers escape into another world. For me, it's all about finding that new book that I can't stop reading. I'd love to introduce ya'll to them! I totally get it if this is not okay---still trying to learn the ropes of this business... (cringing for a hand slap!)

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Woldering Laurie wrote: "Is it totally inappropriate to add my own UF books to the shelf? All ego aside, I wrote my series to help readers escape into another world. For me, it's all about finding that new book that I can'..."

I started to post mine too. I'd like the answer myself.Children of Stone: Voices in Crystal

message 11: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments You're welcome to add your books, if they fit our group's theme (PNR/UF/SF&F series reads).

message 12: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Of note: Please do not use to the tags "bom-read" or "series-read" when adding books. Those tags are used specifically as designators for the book of the month reads and series reads we host as a group. Thanks! :)