Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments If anyone so much as hints at X-Men-like shows, I'm in, LOL. What do you all think of this show? It started this month.

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) | 226 comments I have no idea what it is... Never even heard of it, but if you're a fan of superhero powers I REALLY recommend the British series called Misfits... It's awesome.

message 3: by Laura Lulu (last edited Jul 17, 2011 03:06PM) (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) I watched the pilot and it was pretty good. And there's a cute guy, as an added extra bonus. :)

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy I have the pilot recorded, but have yet to watch it.

message 5: by Andi (new)

Andi Daniels (reflectionofalie) | 2 comments I watched it last night. It is sort of X-Men like i suppose.

It was very interesting. Mainly because of the powers some of them have. I've have heard of some of the powers but not the others.

Plus Ryan Cartwright is in it.

message 6: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrschmid) | 1 comments I just watched the pilot today. It's good so far. Reminds me of Heros, but they work for the good Alphas work for the government and the other Alphas are a private sector working against each other...at least so far.

message 7: by new_user (last edited Jul 17, 2011 11:20PM) (new)

new_user | 755 comments What, another show like this? I will definitely add Misfits to my list! And a cute guy is definitely a plus, LOL, Laura. ;) Do you mean the villainish guy?

message 8: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Well, I guess he's kinda villianish, but not really. Don't want to spoil... ;)

message 9: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Oh dear. I went looking for pics of him, and I have never seen someone look so completely different with a different haircut. With the longer hair, he's totally cheesy looking, but with the buzz cut (like he has in the show) he's super cute.

message 10: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Wow, you are right. I will just forget the first photo. LOL!

message 11: by Laura Lulu (last edited Jul 17, 2011 11:32PM) (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) Lol! The best part about him is his alpha power--I forget what they call it, but he just has super physical skills--balance, accuracy, etc. So he's tall & lanky, and he's chasing after someone and he runs up sideways on a wall like he's riding a skateboard on a handrail--he's awesome to watch in action. :)

message 12: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Norris | 21 comments I watched the pilot and enjoyed it. I love the guy (can't remember his name) who used to play the excentric intern on Bones. Very interesting "power" to be able to see the informational streams. And the young girl who can enhance any of her senses is pretty cool too.

I'll definitely watch and see where it goes.

message 13: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) The guy from Bones (Ryan Cartwright) was awesome, and not just because of his alpha power--the personality of his character was probably the most entertaining thing about the show. :)

message 14: by Andi (new)

Andi Daniels (reflectionofalie) | 2 comments Laura Lulu wrote: "The guy from Bones (Ryan Cartwright) was awesome, and not just because of his alpha power--the personality of his character was probably the most entertaining thing about the show. :)"

I know it made me sad when he died on "Bones" i almost cried.

message 15: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments The head of the team, the shrink, is very annoying, IMHO. He's so soothing! LOL! My dvr did something odd to Eureka this Monday. I got two parts of show in two different recordings, with a chunk missing. Most annoying!

message 16: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments I saw a bit of it but was lost. LOL. I missed the pilot. I was happy to see the guy from Bones! I cried when he died too. Is it just me or does he look years younger in Alphas?

message 17: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments I watched the first two episodes finally. My SIL wanted me to wait for her. I agree that Hicks is cool in action. His power's awesome, and I'm glad he joined the team. He can be the second competent person on the team besides Bill.

And they're all interesting with their weaknesses, stories and personalities. Hilarious when Bill takes a chunk of Rachel's muffin. Really nice to see an Irani character that is somewhat less of a stereotype with Rachel. Ryan Cartwright plays Gary really well. The second ep was more brutal than I was expecting. What an awful kid!