Are You A Hunger Games Fanatic? discussion

The Books > Haven't read the Hunger Games? Then this is the spot for you!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith This is a place where if there are members who havent read the Hunger Games you are able to ask me or any of the members who have read the book any question you want and it will be anwserd.

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) I just finished the first book! Half way through the second one!

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Ok. Do you have any question aboyt the 2nd book? what part are you at?

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) I am at the part where Katniss and Peeta are just getting on the chariot to go back to the games. Its the opening ceremony in Catching Fire

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith oh. Were you shcked to find them going into a other games?

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Faith wrote: "oh. Were you shcked to find them going into a other games?"

YES! I didnt see that coming at all!

message 7: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah I didnt also. I was like what the heack!! GRRR!!! Do you have any quetion though?

message 8: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments I have a suggestion for you Rachel. Do NOT read the third book.

message 9: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith No you hafe to! But you might end up throwing your book againest the wall thats all I am going to say

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Faith wrote: "Yeah I didnt also. I was like what the heack!! GRRR!!! Do you have any quetion though?"

So far no. But I am confused a bit on the wedding. Because of the Quarter Quell.. is the wedding canceled or just "moved"?

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Janelle (Joe) wrote: "I have a suggestion for you Rachel. Do NOT read the third book."

That makes me want to read it though!!! AHHHH! I hope I dont hate it :(

message 12: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments No! The third book is horrible!!! For sure you will hate it! I haven't ever met a person who's read it and liked it.

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Janelle (Joe) wrote: "No! The third book is horrible!!! For sure you will hate it! I haven't ever met a person who's read it and liked it."

NOOO! Thats a bummer, I will just have to see!

message 14: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes you will

message 15: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments I didn't like the third one as much as the first two, but I still liked it. I would qualify it as I loved the first and second book, and only liked the third book. But you have to read the third one or you'll never get the end of the story!

message 16: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments Yeah, but I was really angry when I read the third book. Why did she make all those people die?????

message 17: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments No I agree with you on that part, I didn't like all those people dying either. Some made me more upset then others, but I don't want to ruin the book for those who haven't read it yet, so I won't name names here : )

message 18: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments Same here. I'm just angry that the cool people had to die. Why couldn't the stupid people die. And why did she make Peeta like that?

message 19: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Let's take this conversation to Hunger Games Randomness. I'll pick it up there : )

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) I haven't read the books in over a year. Do you want to remind me about all the districts, what they are and such?

message 21: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Just re-read the books. If you want.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) I would, but I don't have access to them until the School Year starts.

message 23: by Estela (new)

Estela (estelabanana) Hope this helps:

District 1- Luxury Items for the Capitol

District 2- Peacekeepers, Stone Mining and making weapons

District 3- Electronics and firearms

District 4- Fish and other Seafood

District 5- DNA Manipulations and Muttations

District 6- Medical Research and Morphling

District 7- Lumber

District 8- Textiles

District 9- Hunting

District 10- Livestock

District 11- Agriculture

District 12- Coal Mining (terminated at the end of Catching Fire)

District 13: (Was thought to be terminated, but secretly it wasn't) Graphite Mining (unofficially they manufactured nuclear weapons and among that housed and produced other weaponry)

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_did_ea...

message 25: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Cool thanks.

message 26: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Any questions?

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Still havent read the third one! Im going to start it tonight!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Good for you! Tell me what you think of the ending! My mom is reading the 3rd and I can't wait to see what she thinks!

message 29: by Faith Noelle (last edited Sep 13, 2011 09:46AM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Wait! Rachel I thought you read all 3 book? And Lea, werent you sad when (view spoiler) I kinda well throw my book againest the wall. heeeeeee.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Yes?! My mom didn't get to that part yet...She doesn't care if anyone dies..she just wants the district to be free...Sometimes she reminds me of Gale

message 31: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I agree she sound like a Gale

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Ummmmmmm......can we make a topic that says "If the characters were real, who would you most likely be friends with?"..Just an idea.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Er...no offense, but if this is an "If you're a Hunger Games fanatic" group, why would some people not have read THG...?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments True, true..I don't know.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 06, 2012 06:31PM) (new)

Joe (The orange, pie, and Mori lover) wrote: "No! The third book is horrible!!! For sure you will hate it! I haven't ever met a person who's read it and liked it."

well you have now.I LOVE MOCKINGJAY!!!! IT IS MY FAVORITE IN THE SERIES!!!!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

EVERYONE WHO HASN'T READ THE HUNGER GAMES: PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND START READING IT RIGHT NOW. IT'S URGENT THAT YOU DO THIS BECAUSE YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE! Happy Reading!

message 37: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Yessss!!!!! READ!!!!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the third book october.