European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Group Reads > From Splendor to Revolution - Part 1

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Discuss "Dramatis Personae" through "The Early Years" here.

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I think this book looks wonderful!
My library doesn't have it yet :(
I put in a purchase request, which they approved, so I WILL be reading it at some point...hopefully they will get it purchased and processed soon enough that I will be able to participate in the discussion at least a little bit!

I hope the threads are divided up in a somewhat logical way! I had to go off an online table of contents. Hopefully it was accurate!
Happy reading, everyone!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 188 comments I wasn't sure what to make of the fact that Alexandra Feodorovna isn't one of the women featured - on one hand, you'd think a book on "Romanov Women" wouldn't be complete without her but on the other hand, I guess she is so extensively covered in so many other books, the world doesn't need another one. I've only just started but I'm hoping it introduces me to some interesting women I don't know about already.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina I've only just got this today. Is anyone still reading it?

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 188 comments I've finished it but still willing to discuss!

message 6: by KG (new)

KG | 5 comments When I first started reading I was totally overwhelmed with names and details and had to consult the family trees in the beginning several times. I'm about 150 pages in now and I've got all the Marie's and Olga's down and now I'm really enjoying it. There's something about Russian history that's so gripping. Apologies to the Romanovs but I can't wait to get to the 20th century

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 188 comments I'm really bad with names so I had to keep checking names through the whole book, lol.