We love Susan Mallery! discussion

Introductions > ♦Introductions♦

Comments Showing 1-50 of 164 (164 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Shellbelle (last edited May 26, 2012 08:07PM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 1168 comments Mod
description

Tell us about yourselves!

We love to meet the new members and get to know you, so tell us a little bit about yourselves, like...

description THE BASICS: Things like name, where you live, kids?, pets?, where you work...ect.

descriptionWHY YOU ♥ READING!: Tell us why you love to read, what started you reading, favorite genre...anything else that has to do with your love of books!

descriptionFIRST SUSAN MALLERY BOOK!: What was the first SM book you have ever read? What got you reading her books?

descriptionFAVORITE SUSAN MALLERY BOOK: All time favorite SM book, couple, hero...ect

descriptionHOW DID YOU FIND THIS GROUP?: Let us know how you discovered this group dedicated to the Amazing Susan Mallery!

*Please only post what you feel comfortable with! This is just to help us get to know eachother☺

message 2: by Shellbelle (last edited Jul 17, 2011 04:59PM) (new)

Hi Everyone! My name is Shelly (shell, or shellbelle is fine too) and I am thrilled to be a Moderator for this group! I live in Wichita, KS with my teenage daughter, and I'm a substitute teacher! I have read since I was little, but I really became a bookworm when I was in middle school. In the last couple of years I have really gotten back into reading, and have discovered tons new authors! Susan Mallery has been one of those new authors, and I'm so glad she was recommended to me! I haven't read a lot from her, but what I have read I adore, and I will eventually get through the whole list!hahahaha

I have also been selected as one of Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold Varsity Cheerleaders! We will be spreading the word over the next few months about the next Fools Gold Trilogy, and if the first book is anything to go on you guys are in for a treat!!!

message 3: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) Hi! I'm Tegan. I just graduated college and am taking a year off to work and look at grad schools. This will also give me a chance to read more for fun! Yay! GoodReads has been wonderful for this as I've been learning about new authors, including Susan Mallery! I've never read any of her books, but have heard wonderful things from our wonderful mod, Shell!! :) I'm looking forward to reading Susan's books and discussing them here!

Yay Tegan! Thanks for joining and I think you will really enjoy her:D Her books are cute, sweet, and emotional, as well as funny! What more can you ask for☺

message 5: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I'm really excited about reading her books! Thank you for inviting me and introducing me! I can't wait to read them!

message 6: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ Hi, I'm Dawn. I have a 16 month old son, I love to read, it's like all I do in my spare time (besides be on goodreads!) I've never read anything by Susan Mallery but I'm def. adding her to my tbr list!

message 7: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (MissSnarky) | 2 comments ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Tell us about yourselves!(this is optional) Let us know who you are, what you like to do, who your favorite authors are, what you love about Susan Mallery, and anything else you want to add!"

Hey Everyone! My name is Taylor and I am a Senior getting ready to graduate college this Fall. I love to read, spend time with my family, discover new movies and TV shows, and of course hang with my dog Orion. I have too many fav. authors to list, but Susan Mallery is in the top list. I love Susan Mallery's book because they have heart and emotion that connect with the reader on a personal level.

I have awesome GR friends! Thanks guys for joining:) And Taryn her books are all Contemp. Romance to my knowledge, but I will admit I haven't read all of her books yet! For those of you who haven't read her yet Taylor is right, Susan Mallery rights books that have heart and emotions, and you will find it easy to relate to her characters!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Aloha everyone:) Thnx to Shell for the invite. I see a few people that I know here. But for those of you who don't know me, I'm 29 almost 30 in 11 days. Legally not married but my BF/hubby and I have been together for 12 yrs. We have 4 children: 2 girls and 2 boys. Live in Hawaii. I love to read, you'll always see me with a book or my Nook in my hand. I'm reading my first book by Susan Mallery and really enjoying it. Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask:)

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments I'm Hannah.

Thanks for the invite Shell! :)

message 11: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments I'm Kelly Lynn, and I'm a readaholic. But seriously, I can never find enough books and have so much trouble putting them down. Susan Mallery drew me in immediately and I felt like I had to go find everything else I could that she wrote, though I admit I haven't read the Marcelli Brides series yet. I live in the Philadelphia area and am a sportswriter by day.

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments OH! What sports do you cover, Kelly Lynn?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

A sports write? Wow cool. I'm also interested in what sports you cover?

message 14: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments Mostly hockey. I work for a company that provides television listings to cable companies (so if you have something like Comcast Digital Cable and hit the info button, I write those, but just the sports based ones). I was a sports editor for a paper in Jersey for a while, and covered pretty much every high school sport there is, but I missed the 9-5ish schedule with weekends and holidays off!

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Oh, that's pretty cool! I have a friend from Philly and she lives for all the sports teams there. lol

message 16: by Shellbelle (new)

What a fun job! Do you get to go in the locker room with the guys!lol (bet you have never been asked that before.) ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Shell, you must be one of those cool subs like Gwenyth Paltrow on Glee;-)

message 18: by Shellbelle (new)

Oh yeah Carolyn, I'm soooo Gwenyth!lol (I always forget she can sing until she does something like that! Then I'm blown away:)

message 19: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments Oh how I wish I got to go into the locker room with the guys, but sadly no.

I did however get to go into a college football locker room a few times while I was interning during college and that was fun ;)

message 20: by Katherine (last edited Jul 21, 2011 10:43AM) (new)

Katherine (katdylan) Hi y'all. I'm Dyllan, (or Whycked).

I have read many books by Susan Mallery and loved them all!! I started with the Keyes Sisters. And couldn't stop after that.

I'm a twenty something (lol)Brazilian reader addicted. No hubby and no kids. (Yay for me lol)

Hope to make great friends. And if you guys like Susan Mallery, that's one awesome start already ;)
Thanks for the invite Shell!! I just could not say No!!

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (irshqq79) | 7 comments Hi I'm Sarah!

I found Susan's books back in 2009...and have bene hooked ever since. I'm a 30 something wife and mom. I also work full time but when I'm not running around like a crazy person I spend it with Susan... Well with her books.... I live in Northern, Illinois (spit away from Wisconsin)...

Like Shell, I am also lucky enough to be a Fool's Gold Varsity Cheerleader... Looking forward to talking to lots of different people about Fool's Gold books....

Sarah :-)

message 22: by Shellbelle (new)

Welcome Dylan and Sarah! Dyllan, glad you couldn't resist! Your actually one of the people that convinced me to read Susan Mallery in the first place:D

Sarah- Hello to fellow cheerleader! I think it would be great if any of the other Fool's Gold Varisty Cheerleaders that have joined would let everyone know they are a cheerleader too!

message 23: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) See Shell, sometimes my advices works!!!! lol

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee | 4 comments Hello everyone I am Dee I live in Iowa... But I have also lived in Austin Texas and we lived in Hawaii for three years and go back as often as we can afford. we are going back for a visit in april/may of next year. my nephew is stationed there and going to visit him.
I have read susan's books for years... as i said in another thread but absolutely love her... I love to read and talk about books... glad i found this place.

message 25: by Shellbelle (new)

Welcome Dee! Glad you found this group too, can't wait to talk books with you:D

message 26: by Linda (new)

Linda (lmauws) Hi my name is Linda. I just start reading Susan Mallery books in the beginning of June and fell in love with her books. My favorite authors are Susan Mallery, Deirdre Martin and Debbie Macomber. I'm a stay at home mom of 3.

message 27: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm holding steady at 29...next month will be the third time for me so I'm doing pretty good. =D I read anything and everything, usually. I picked up my first Susan Mallery, Chasing Perfect, the other day (thanks Shellbelle - wouldn't have read her without you). I'm looking forward to the rest of her stuff. Kinda fell in love with Josh.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone;-)

message 29: by Shellbelle (new)

Welcome Linda, and Jenn! It doesn't take long to fall in love with her books does it!?! And Jenn I'm just returning the favor for Curran and Adam!lol

message 30: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) lol As much as I adore all the guys from Fool's Gold...I don't think any of them can compete with my Curran. ♥ And thank you for the recommendation of the books...I do love them.

message 31: by Shellbelle (new)

Jennifer wrote: "lol As much as I adore all the guys from Fool's Gold...I don't think any of them can compete with my Curran. ♥ And thank you for the recommendation of the books...I do love them."

Very few who can compete with Curran... maybe Bones, and Barrons....☺

message 32: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Hill (ruthhill74) | 1 comments I know absolutely nothing about Susan Mallery. I was invited to the group, and when I am always interested in finding new authors. If you want to see more about me, check out my blog:
http://www.mydevotionalthoughts.com/

Thanks for the invite!

message 33: by Shellbelle (new)

Welcome Ruth! Make sure to check out all the threads to learn more about the amazing author that is Susan Mallery! You can also visit her GoodRead's page Susan Mallery

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 1 comments Hi All Rick here- love great books!!! and great Groups like this one!

message 35: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Welcome new people! :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

A warm Aloha to everyone:)

message 37: by Angela (new)

Angela (ATMac4398aolcom) | 6 comments Hey everyone! I'm Angela MacIntyre and I'm also one of the Fool's Gold cheerleaders. To be honest, I've avoided GR like the plague, because I was terrified I'd find MORE books to read!! I'm sure I will, but I LOVE reading!! If only my budget loved it as much as I do. Sigh. I haven't even added any books to my list yet, so I'm very new at this!

Susan is one of my favorite authors! I've read ALL of her books. Her heart just shines in her stories! I've been a reader from a very early age, so I've read LOTS.

My husband and I have 6 kids (4 girls, 2 boys) and 7 grandkids. We have a his, hers, and ours, though we just refer to all of them as OURS. The oldest is 29 and youngest is 8. I'm a special ed teacher on medical leave right now--just had back surgery a few months ago. On the good side, I've managed to catch up on a LOT of reading! ;)

Great to meet everyone!

message 38: by Shellbelle (new)

YaY Angela, another Cheerleader!!! GoodRead's can be dangerous to the pocket book that is for sure, but is so much fun, and I have discovered some amazing authors/books on her and made some great friends☺

message 39: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Hi Angela! Welcome!

message 40: by Julie (new)

Julie | 2 comments Hello. My name is Julie and I am also a Fool's Gold Cheerleader! Me, my husband and our 4 boys live in Lexington, KY. I have read every one of Susan Mallery's contemporary-romance novels---she is definitely my favorite. GoodReads is my go-to resource and I consult it frequently. Even got the app on my new Nook Color. Happy reading, all!

message 41: by Shellbelle (new)

Welcome Julie! More and more of the Cheerleaders are showing up:D And I'm impressed that you have read every one of her books! I'm getting around to it, and so far they have all been so good!

message 42: by Susan (new)

Susan Mallery (susanmallery) | 10 comments Hi, everyone! My name is Susan Mallery. :) I have a healthy level of self-esteem, but I feel uncomfortable writing what I love about Susan Mallery, so I'll just leave it at that.

Thank you all so much for joining this group and for being so enthusiastic about my books!!!! And special thanks to Shellbelle for moderating the group.

message 43: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ YAY SHELL!!!

message 44: by Angela (new)

Angela (ATMac4398aolcom) | 6 comments WTG, Shell!!! SO glad you're doing this! I know it's a lot of work, but I'm really excited to learn more about GR AND talk about Susan's books!! I haven't spent too much time on here yet, because we just got back from an 8 day vacation and I'm playing serious catch up here.

I'm wondering where my laundry fairy ran off to while we were gone?

Hey Susan!

message 45: by Shellbelle (new)

Thanks Ladies! and Thanks Susan for stopping by! Hope to see you in here now and again☺

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

That was just awesome:)

message 47: by Shellbelle (new)

LOL,Agreed Carolyn!

message 48: by Andrea (last edited Jul 27, 2011 08:15AM) (new)

Andrea Hi everyone :) My name is Andrea, and I've read pretty much everything by Susan. I first started out with the bakery sisters series and then bought the everything I could get by Susan :) So far my favorites are the Fools Gold series and the first novels of the Marcelli family series, and (I almost forgot that one, though I have no idea how that could happen...) Falling for Gracie :)

message 49: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Welcome, Andrea!

message 50: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (lesley_h) | 2 comments Hi- I'm Lesley, and I recognize a few of you from the Contemporary Romance group, including Susan! Hello all! I love Susan's books, they are among my favorites, and she is an auto-read for me!

« previous 1 3 4