Random Roleplays discussion

Mount Olympus > Mount Olympus

Comments Showing 1-50 of 194 (194 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

kenzie (theabsolutedream) | 3689 comments Mod
((GODLY POWERS...ACTIVATE...OR SOMETHING...))

message 2: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 46 comments Morpheus stood at the edge of Mount Olympus looking down.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Hestia sat a little ways from Morpheus, a small fire at her feet. She tended to the fire, whistling a merry tune and swaying slightly to the beat.

message 4: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 46 comments Morpheus glanced over to Hestia. "You seem quite happy today."

message 5: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) | 2923 comments Mod
Nyx stood in the shadows, waiting patiently (like she always did) for the sun to set and night to begin. It was high noon at the moment, so she had some time before the world grew dark.

message 6: by Jade♪☠ (new)

Jade♪☠ Eris was banging on a drum, making discord.

message 7: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

Apollo walked in, grinning a crooked smile. "Eris, got a lead singer for that band?"

message 8: by Jade♪☠ (new)

Jade♪☠ "Nope, but you can try out if you want."Eris said.

message 9: by kenzie, instant crush (last edited Jul 23, 2011 10:52AM) (new)

Apollo chuckled. "You want me to try out? God of music, and all things awesome?"

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Ji Mei ^_^ wrote: "Morpheus glanced over to Hestia. "You seem quite happy today.""

She smiled up at him.
"Today is a happy day," she said simply.

message 11: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 39 comments Artemis noched one of her silver arrows onto her bow, draw, and released calmly. Hitting the wild boar charging at her right between its eyes. She watched cooly as the boar stop dead in its full charge, stumbled, and toppled over. She sigh in relief.

That was close. I didn't even notice him until he was charging at me. She whistled, and felt the assuring presence of her loyal hounds beside her.

"Good boys, and girls." She said loveinly, patting one of them on the head. "Let's get him back. And we shall have a feast today!"

message 12: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 46 comments Jasmine, In Love with Zacky Vengeance wrote: She smiled up at him.
"Today is a happy day," she said simply."

"Oh, really? That's good I guess." Morpheus looked back out at the horizon.
((Is there a plot?))

message 13: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 39 comments ((IDK, you really like Morpheus don't you?))

Artemis head back with her dogs yapping happily beside her. She passed Dionysius on her way to her palace, goblet in hand. As usual Artemis thought, rolling her eyes a bit.

message 14: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 46 comments ((Sort of. I just like the idea of the god of dreams. Plus he reminds me of a character that is cool, mysterious and wears classy clothes. But I guess I can say the same for you about Artemis.))

message 15: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 39 comments ((Yeah! Though, I kind of combined her with Athena. Afterall, Artemis's got some, let's say, not-so-glory personality and stories tag with her.))

((I am thinking of the plot we use with the other group, but then I'll be confused and it'll be reapetetive, so...))

message 16: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 46 comments ((Hmmm... How about have a war? I feel like it for some reason. But if you think about it, ALL gods/goddesses have not-so-glorious personalities.))

message 17: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 39 comments ((Yeah, war. Against who though? Sorry, got to go again.)

message 18: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 46 comments ((Oh, okay, bye! Maybe the war is between the Big 3, you know Zues, Poseidon, and Hades. How about it is over their territories. Like Hades is mad he was tricked and wants a do over, Poseidon wants to be king, and Zeus is trying to keep his position.))

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((Wow. That'd be awesome! But we need people to be the Big Three because I don't think anyone took them yet. I will totally be Hades if we're gonna do this))

"Very good," Hestia said absently.

message 20: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 39 comments ((I really wonder how they can be brothers if they hate each other so much. Greek imaginations~))

Dionysus grinned at Artemis's expression. "Such distatse!"

"No," Artemis said, "this is just like you, I got used to it, I don't know, what, five hundred years ago?"

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((lol. I know!!))

message 22: by Artemis (new)

Artemis (artemisknight) | 39 comments ((Who's Zacky Vengeance?))

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((He's a guitarist in the band Avenged Sevenfold))

message 24: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

Nyx continued to watch from where she was standing, hidden in the shadows. She was still waiting for night, for when she would be able to come out and be herself freely.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((when will it be night? lol))

Hestia stood and paced by her fire. Something didn't seem right. Maybe today wasn't as happy a day as she had just said it was.

message 26: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

Apollo looked up. "Something wrong, girls?"

message 27: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

Nyx glanced at Apollo and shook her head silently, a patient look on her face.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Nothing, nothing," Hestia murmured, never looking directly at Apollo.

message 29: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

He shrugged. "Who wants to hear my latest haiku?"

message 30: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

Nyx shrugged, then waited for him to begin anyway.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "No one," Hestia said with a smile. "But I'm sure you'll say it anyway."

message 32: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

He took a deep breath. "I see the world turn
As I drive my chariot.
It is freaking cool."

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Hestia grinned.
"Wonderful Apollo."

message 34: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

Nyx smiled; it wasn't half bad. Not as bad as Apollo's poems usually were, anyway.

message 35: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

((I came up with that in seriously like, 20 seconds.))

"I know. After all, I am the god of poetry, and all things awesome."

((I'm just channeling the inner Logan into him.))

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((lol. Niiice))

"All things awesome," she snickered.

message 37: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

"Yes. All things awesome." He grinned, running a hand through his hair.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "I really think that title should have been given to me," she teased.

message 39: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

((Hahaha, yes, that would be a Logan thing to say.))

Nyx smiled again, then looked out at the sky. It was still hours before night would fall, but that was fine with her. She was happy just to wait.

message 40: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

((Well, I'm giving Logan the chance to be a god.))

"Nah, I already called it."

message 41: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

((:) ))

Nyx let out a soft laugh; her family could be quite the entertainers. When they weren't fighting, of course.

message 42: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

"What are you goddess of, besides night, Nyx?" Apollo smiled.

message 43: by Jasmine | ModernScrolls (last edited Jul 26, 2011 04:07PM) (new)

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Patience, I think," Hestia said thoughfully.

message 44: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

((Poo. I'd look it up, but the computer is barely working as it is.))

She shrugged, and smiled slyly. He'd have to figure it out himself.

message 45: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

((Hmm...I'll look it up. In Greek mythology, Nyx (Νύξ, "night", Nox in Roman translation) was the primordial goddess of the night. A shadowy figure, Nyx stood at or near the beginning of creation, and was the mother of personified gods such as Hypnos (sleep) and Thánatos (death). Her appearances in mythology are sparse, but reveal her as a figure of exceptional power and beauty. In Hesiod's Theogony, Nyx is born of Chaos; her offspring are many, and telling. With Erebus the deity of shadow and darkness, Nyx gives birth to Aether (atmosphere) and Hemera (day). Later, on her own, Nyx gives birth to Momus (blame), Moros (doom), Thanatos (death), Hypnos (sleep), Charon (the ferryman of Hades),[citation needed] the Oneiroi (dreams), the Hesperides, the Keres and Moirae (Fates), Nemesis (retribution), Apate (deception), Philotes (friendship), Geras (age), and Eris (strife). In his description of Tartarus, Hesiod says further that Hemera (day), who is Nyx's daughter, left Tartarus just as Nyx entered it; when Hemera returned, Nyx left. This mirrors the portrayal of Ratri (night) in the Rigveda, where she works in close cooperation but also tension with her sister Ushas (dawn).))

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((lol))

"Or secrets, perhaps..."

message 47: by Poet in the Dark, Wanderer of the Universe (new)

((Thanks!))

"Nothing else, really," she said quietly. "But I have many children."

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Children..."

message 49: by kenzie, instant crush (new)

((Eww...Just barely saw something else...Her brother, Erebos...*shudders* Was the father of the kids...:P GROSS! Inbreeding! Maybe that's why the gods have so many problems!!))

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) ((probably. lol))

« previous 1 3 4