Q&A with Aimee Laine discussion

What *I* write... > Shape-Shifters

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Laine (aimee_laine) | 94 comments Mod
My shape-shifters have been called "... a breath of fresh air." because they are new and different. People continue to tell me there aren't other stories out there like them. I love that I've come up with something new, but shape-shifters, in general, make up a huge part of the paranormal landscape (fairies, werewolves, weretigers, etc. ... all shape-shifters).

What then makes the Mimics unique, to you?

message 2: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) | 25 comments I'll agree to disagree that weres--of any variety--are shapeshifters ;o) I think what sets the mimics apart is--whilst the lure of becoming a powerful animal with even more strength and abilities than said anumal has is a strong one--they are more 'real'. They have better potential and a whole lot of use in the real world. There are a hoard of humans unhappy with their appearance. If you could bottle up the ability to change your appearance as necessary and sell it? You'd be a billionaire, baby! So ... mimics are way more relatable than the (seemingly far from grasp) other supes with the ability to change forms or shape :o)

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Laine (aimee_laine) | 94 comments Mod
If you could bottle up the ability to change your appearance as necessary and sell it? You'd be a billionaire, baby!
Haven't I just done that with the creation of them in my book? hehehehe. Does that mean the millions will be rolling through soon? Shall I hold my breath and wait for it? ;)

I guess that's also why I'm so surprised when someone tells me how unique they are. I just never thought I had a 'new' idea. :)