Q&A with Aimee Laine discussion

All About Me > A little bit of trivia ... about me!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Laine (aimee_laine) | 94 comments Mod
I'm going to give you a sneak peak into me and how that translates to some of my books. I think you'll see some of these throughout my stories.

o I am a TRUE romantic. I met my husband when I was 14, and we married when I was 20
o My favorite color is raspberry, but my favorite fruit is blueberry
o I really do have a degree in Applied Mathematics. And yes, I really must use a calculator for everything
o I hold no superstitions. I walk under open ladders, own a solid black cat, have in fact broken a mirror and was married on a 13th.
o I did not know the sexes of my three kids (1 single and 1 set of two) until after they were born.

So that's a few crazy things about me.

What else do you want to know? Start a topic about a particular title or ask ME anything about ME, right hre!

message 2: by Pauline (last edited Jul 18, 2011 06:07AM) (new)

Pauline Toohey (paulinelouise) | 4 comments I have no doubt this period (book release) is proving to be a wonderful and exciting period. Tell us about the hardships so when (fingers crossed) it's our turn, we may have the advantage of expecting particular hurdles/mountains/pitfalls, and possibly identify preventitive measures.

message 3: by Aimee (last edited Jul 18, 2011 06:10AM) (new)

Hardships and hurdles? How about the countless rejections? The countless queries (well not countless because I have them all documented ... all 96 of them). :) All that stuff that comes before seeing your book in print feels like the raw materials it takes to building a building. It's no longer as big a 'hole' in my head. :) It's no longer that black spot because *I* have a copy of my book, in my hands now.

My best analogy is child birth and rearing which I described in this post:
Evolution of a novel = Pregnancy + Childhood? {Humor me}

It well and truly is a labor of love. If I didn't love my story and the characters so much I wouldn't have put my book out to the public ... to share. Because NOW the real pain can begin.

Others can poke fun at it or 'tear it to shreds' and I can't bring it back into my arms and lovingly calm its tears. Not does it not have any, but they'll be my own.

It's after that now seems way harder than before. (not to scare you, but it IS!). ;)

I still say go for it though because having that soft cover in your hands and having an opportunity to sign the inside cover ... and having a chance to say "That's my book!" is allllll worth it. :)

message 4: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Toohey (paulinelouise) | 4 comments Not at 96 - yet. But we're climbing.
One full manuscript request (current) is looking positive, but I don't want to speak too soon. Oh dear - maybe I have.

An ye - one way of another, I will one day sign the inside cover of 'my book.'

message 5: by Aimee (new)

That's great, Pauline! 1 is better than 0 and is very positive! :)

message 6: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) | 25 comments I have a question for you. If you could choose any authors 'success' to follow, whose would it be? It can be for their longevity of their career and the ability to maintain an audience, their rocketing sales, their mass-recognisability, or for writing abilities that are beyond awesome. Whatever the reason, which authors 'success' do you aspire to 'pull off'?

message 7: by Aimee (new)

Nora Roberts. I mean, are you kidding? She's got it ALL. Books galore, an amazing career, awards like crazy ... I'd take even 1/2 of her success. No 1/4(!), probably even just 5% and be happy. :)

message 8: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) | 25 comments You do not disappoint. If asked to place a wager on your answer, it would without doubt have been her. :o)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a question! (and yes.. its' book related)

What was the HARDEST chapter you had to write for Little White Lie's and WHY was it so hard?

message 10: by Aimee (new)

If I tell you, are you going to jump right there and read it? ;)

Ch. 7 was the hardest.

(view spoiler)

Good answer?

Did you have an idea of what might have been the harder one? There is another that was very difficult.

Ch. 20. But for very very different reasons.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I won't cheat and read ahead.. good books shoudl be savored and read SLOWLY. So i'm reading it slowly! (yes, I like Adverbs.. :)

message 12: by Aimee (new)

Slytle wrote: "... good books shoudl be savored and read SLOWLY. So i'm reading it slowly!"

Right on!! :)