YA Book Council discussion

Official Selections > The Ruins of Gorlan: Ranger's Apprentice Book 1

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alethea (last edited Sep 24, 2008 11:31PM) (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 246 comments Mod
The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1) by John Flanagan

I'm going to have to read this one again, and then get cracking on the rest of the books in the series. I think I sped through it so fast the first time, I can't remember their names! So good though. I *love* rangers. I think that's what kind of character Katsa in Graceling might turn out to be.

Jane, do you still have all that info you put together for our meeting? I never got to read all of it. If you can/have time, can you post it here, or email it to me and I will post it on the website.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeg) | 248 comments Mod
I still have all the stuff. I wanted to try the crossword too, but no one else had finished all the books. I think I was really excited about this one because I read it during a dry spell time after Poison Study (you know, when you can't seem to find something else good to read). I kept reading bad book after bad book, and when I got to this one, it probably up'd my liking because of that. (Ironically, the books I read it after was Dragonlance and Dragonflight--both series that I know you really like).

I still think that Halt should look more like Aragorn, unlike the guy on the Australian cover.

What you brought up about the Rangers, or the rules of being a Ranger was very interesting. I didn't know that about them. Maybe I'll tackle Flora Segundo next month.