The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) The Dead-Tossed Waves question

Why was Gabrielle named Gabry?
Chris Chris Jul 15, 2011 01:12PM
Is she supposed to be connected with the girl from the first book who was taken in by the sisterhood or is it just a coincidence they have the same name? I was thinking when they had the same, maybe the Gabrielle from this book was given a back story and the author was explaining how she found the village or something

Mary had imagined what first book's gabrielle's life was like and lamented that no one knew her story. Maybe she was hoping that original Gabrielle could live and have a story through gabry. Mary was just a leetle obsessed with ole Gabrielle...

I think Mary wanted to connect with her past even though Gabry didn't know about it. Mary did that by naming Gabry after Gabrielle

She was named after Gabrielle because when Gabrielle came into Mary's village it gave Mary hope that's there's life out there. Gabrielle gave Mary hope, cause Mary hated her village and the curch, she wanted to go to the beach, Gabrielle gave her hope that the beach existed that there was more life then her little village.

i really like the name gabry! its so pretty!

Yeah, Mary ends up telling Gabry that she named her after Gabrielle

Mary named Garby after Gabrielle.. they aren't related, she was just named after her

Chris I was just wondering if there was any significance.
Jul 15, 2011 11:52PM · flag

Nope, she was named after that chick in the first one who got brought into the town by the crazy church peoples... (: