Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How do I completely delete a book I've entered data on?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William | 6 comments I've added a book into the site, one that I'm co-authoring with a fellow writer here at the site. My intent was to be able to add it to my regular profile so that it would show up as one of my works. It's listed under our other pennames, which is how it'll be published.

The problem is it didn't show up that way in my profile, and I think I've made a mistake. I'd prefer to completely delete the book, entitled Same Time Tomorrow, by Scarlett Martin and James Morgan, and try it again at a point when I've had more sleep and am much less stressed.

Any thoughts?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments I can delete it for you if you really want me to :) We can edit it pretty easily though. But just say the word and I'll delete it.

message 3: by William (new)

William | 6 comments Thank you, Jessica. That'd be great. I'm having a really rotten week, and it was the wrong time to even start it.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments All gone! I know the feeling. When you do add it again, make sure you put each author in their own slot. If you need some help, just let us know. Hope your week gets better!

message 5: by William (new)

William | 6 comments Thanks!

message 6: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments Your fans still show up on the profile page that was created
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...
Rivka needs to merge it. Where is your author profile page?

message 7: by William (new)

William | 6 comments http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

This is it, though a joint page would have to involve my writing partner, who's also got her own solo page here.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Actually, you wouldn't have a joint page. You would just enter each of your names in a separate field, and the book would show on both your page, and hers.

message 9: by William (new)

William | 6 comments We'll likely get it sorted after the weekend.

message 10: by Melody (last edited Jul 17, 2011 08:39AM) (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I hope Rivka got it. I was about to put the links on the GR Author merge page and noticed the link doesn't work anymore so hopefull someone didn't just combine it into oblivion. The fans would have merged with it.

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments There weren't any fans on the new link that had both authors...so it should be all good.

message 12: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments There were when I looked.