J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Gripes, objections. or criticisms

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Although I love the in death books very often I have criticism or complaint about the book. I thought this could make a good topic.
For instance, In Origin in Death how can Jonah Delacourt Wilson think he can live forever just because he keeps creating a clones. The essence or spirit that is uniquely us can't be transferred into another body.
Or even though the three Avrils were cloned because they were not allowed to be together their personalities would have to deviate somewhat because they would have to develop three different lives.
Or what about the military boys...I know not much was said about them but they were like droids. If they were cloned they still wouldn't act like droids.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12965 comments Mod
Origin in Death happens to be one of my least favorite, partly for some of the reasons you mention. They were playing God and the whole concept of the three Avrils made me think of Stepford Wives. The story gave me the creeps.

message 3: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments My least favorite book was Kindred in Death. The sexual torture murders were TOO MUCH for me, especially since I was listening to the audiobooks, and couldn't really skim over the death parts. I will NOT be rereading that one.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Jonetta wrote: "Origin in Death happens to be one of my least favorite, partly for some of the reasons you mention. They were playing God and the whole concept of the three Avrils made me think of Stepford Wives. ..."

Origin in Death was one of my least favorite too. Icove murders, as popular as they were, were not interesting for me to read about

message 5: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Origin WAS really weird, scientifically IFFY (at best), and sorta creepy.... But I kinda liked it... ;)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments i might like it more upon the rereadal (is that a word?? haha)

message 7: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Sounds wordish-like to me!

message 8: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 18, 2011 09:21AM) (new)

My least favorite book in the entire series is Fantasy in Death. I re-read it just to make sure I didn't miss something but it bogged me down in geekdom. However, I did like the ending.

message 9: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 18, 2011 10:19AM) (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments My top, number one, without a doubt least favorite book in the series is the one about the priest..(view spoiler)

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "My top, number one, without a doubt least favorite book in the series is the one about the priest..and how he was fake? and like...gangster? or whatever? posing as a priest the whole time and h kil..."

That is Salvation in Death.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Thanks!!

message 12: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Yeah, Salvation definitely wasn't my favorite. I thought the likelihood of (view spoiler)

But it DID give us Father Lopez, who has been in books since then, and really helped (view spoiler)

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Yea, he really did help Morris that is the upside to the book

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I liked Origin in Death. There were holes, but I thought the plot interesting in spite of that, and yes it was a little creepy.