Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > Toot! Toot! (that's my own horn)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 6 comments While my news isn't as big as Theresa's, it's a great encouragement for me. Great motivation, too.

Background: I'm taking a course to help me polish my writing into what publishers want. (Specifically, I have trouble with being wordy.) For my last assignment, my instructor told me to send him the longer version of a shorter story I had submitted previously.

Current: Today I recieved my instructor's email response to my longer story (which is over 10,000 words and unfinished). To be short, he said I should finish the story and submit the longer version. He said it's much better because of the character and plot development, even though he expected otherwise. He has full confidence that the story, as long as my ending is strong, has a really good chance for publication.
The adjectives he used to describe my writing: strong, vivid, engaging, erotic, evocative and suspenseful.

So here's to finishing the story and hopefull getting it published. Wish me luck!

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa That is fabulous news, Jamie. Congratulations!

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Wonderful!

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Jamie, that's awesome!! I wish you continued success.

message 5: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) LUCK!!!

message 6: by Annika (new)

Annika That's fantastic! What wonderful news:)

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments It's all sounding very promising, Jamie. I hope things continue right along successfully for you!

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 6 comments Thanks everyone!

message 9: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Woohoo! WTG, Jamie! :D