The Sword and Laser discussion

A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
This topic is about A Dance with Dragons
2011 Reads > ADWD: To Hodor or not to Hodor

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brad Theado | 217 comments Will Hodor ever break out in more words than just Hodor? Part of me wants him to remain the single word simpleton but if I were completely honest part of me wants him to break out into a "Silent Bob" monolog just to surprise all of us.

message 2: by Otto (new)

Otto (andrewlinke) | 110 comments The last chapter of the final book will reveal that all of the changing perspectives was just window dressing and the whole story was actually being narrated in the third person by Hodor.

Peter | 142 comments Hodor?

:D

message 4: by Keith (last edited Jul 15, 2011 02:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) | 79 comments "There are more more things in Heaven and Earth, Hodor." (Shakespear, Hamlet)

Or:

"Hodor, Hodor, wherefore art thou Hodor!" (Hodor and Juliet)

etc...

Also I think we should all be liking this... http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/show/...

Eric Gardner | 113 comments I'm going to guess that either Bran will fix him or freak him out so much that Hodor kills himself...

message 6: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6252 comments You know he's going to reveal himself as Russian spy Theodore Hodorosky.

Peter | 142 comments Eric wrote: "I'm going to guess that either Bran will fix him or freak him out so much that Hodor kills himself..."

Bran did take control of him, at the end of the 3rd book, idk if he can be "fixed" unless he transfer's his entire spirit into Hodor

message 8: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
Andrew wrote: "The last chapter of the final book will reveal that all of the changing perspectives was just window dressing and the whole story was actually being narrated in the third person by Hodor."

Awesome. :P

message 9: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6252 comments Yuppy Hodor.

Peter | 142 comments on a Hodor side note,Kristian Nairn plays World of Warcraft and wowinsider had a interview with him.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/28/15-...

message 11: by Tamahome (last edited Jul 15, 2011 05:32PM) (new)

Tamahome | 6252 comments Hodor make good interview for Gourds and Razors.

message 12: by Eliaures (new)

Eliaures | 40 comments Hodor! Hodor! My kingdom for a Hodor!

Bran III ~ Shakeshodor

Nevan | 143 comments I'm pretty sure that his limited vocabulary frees him for possession by Bran — if I remember correctly, wasn't it mentioned that Wargs have a difficult time speaking through another's body? It wouldn't make sense for Bran to possess someone and then have them go silent for extended periods. I guess that rules out Petyr Baelish as a possible Warg host!