Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

What Will I Do With My Life When Harry Potter is Over?!?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lucinda I grew up with the wonderful world of Harry Potter, and IT IS MY LIFE! I can't believe that it's over!!! It feels like my life is coming to an end! What to do with my life...

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah I.K.! The first movie came out when I was a toddler! I PRACTICALLY grew up watching them! I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!!!!

Kendall Anne We ALL feel this way!!! For me, this whole week has been emotional. But as J.K. Rowling said,
"Whether you return by page or by big screen,
Hogwarts will ALWAYS bet there to welcome you home."
=)

Jennifer lol I know what you mean! I was so sad when I bought my last tickets! I was like this is the last time!

message 5: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Jul 14, 2011 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) No! I need HP.....I'll just have to live on. *puts on a grimace*

Caroline C. HARRY POTTER WILL NEVER BE OVER!!! I REFUSE!!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) We must demand more HP! Only in our minds of course. ;)

Whatsalisl after tonight..... what on earth will harry potter fans everywhere do? i, for one, will definitely have no life

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah i know. HP has been going on for SOOO long, that, everyone will be lost without it. And I will emphasize the question: WHAT WILL HP FANS DO? I ask you, what will we do?

message 10: by Çili (new) - added it

Çili         HP is gonna be the best book ever

message 11: by Maritza (new) - added it

Maritza seriously????? (rolls eyes)

Gabriel We have Pottermore to look forward to. But now that the movie productions are over, it truly is the end. Thank you J.K. Rowling for giving me a wonderful world to live in.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I still Can't believe that it's the last movie to ever come out for Harry Potter *single tear slides down cheek*

message 15: by Tabu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tabu Thevarajan I wasn't a fan of HP until I started to read the books in last Nov. I watched the movies, but with just a movie mind. Books have turned me up side down, I had the 'can't wait' temptation only for this last movie. But, now everything seems blank for me. I can't imagine that it ended now and I have no more HP to read/ watch. So sad. However, big thanks for J.K.R. for giving us a wonderful world to live in.

Heidi When Harry Potter is over you can try reading a different fantasy series. Then go back and re-read Harry Potter. You learn something new about yourself every time as different things stick out to you.

message 17: by Tabu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tabu Thevarajan An interesting article I found for the mourning muggles..lol..
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2...

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) I just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parrt 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it's over for me! NOOOO!!! I'm going to die!!!!

Heidi Tabu wrote: "An interesting article I found for the mourning muggles..lol..
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2..."

I loved this article! Thanks for sharing. Let's do it!

Gabriel Tabu wrote: "I wasn't a fan of HP until I started to read the books in last Nov. I watched the movies, but with just a movie mind. Books have turned me up side down, I had the 'can't wait' temptation only for t..."

Even now, new fans of the series are being made.

David jones Read Percy Jackson. It is kinda like Harry Potter, except the kid doesn't go to school, he goes to summer camp, and it not about wizards, but about Greek Gods. But it is still good. And it has more action than HP.

Alaknanda k "HARRY POTTER" has a major importance in my life i strted reading the series when i was 10.
I;ll miss it and i'm quite happy its all over but at the same time i'm dissapointed and wish for more of HP!!!

message 23: by T. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T. I read the first book in third grade and I still can't put any of them down! My aunt was at a Wal-Mart at midnight to buy book number seven the day it came out :). This is my favorite series and always will be. Thanks, J.K. Rowling!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

David wrote: "Read Percy Jackson. It is kinda like Harry Potter, except the kid doesn't go to school, he goes to summer camp, and it not about wizards, but about Greek Gods. But it is still good. And it has more..."

Love that series!!!

David jones Percy Jackson is soo damn awesome!! Just like Harry Potter!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

ITS AMAZING! IVE READ ALL OF THEM! *deep breaths* i definately recommend them to every one.

Rhiannon Kaleigh wrote: "I just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parrt 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it's over for me! NOOO..."

Me too! *sniffles*

Lauren As you get older it is dissapointing to discover that the magical world of Harry Potter gets less and less magical... I used to love the secret passages of Hogwarts and the prospect of sleeping in a dorm and waking up to do magical lessons ohh and rooms that change to whatever you require. Though secretly I still wish that one day I will get the mysterious acceptance letter in the mail.

message 29: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Jul 16, 2011 06:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) ~*Rhiannon*~ (Icetalon of Riverclan) wrote: "Kaleigh wrote: "I just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parrt 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it's over for me! NOOO..."

Me too! *sniffles* "

I know. *sniffle sniffle*

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Life has no meaning without Harry Potter...
(Well, not really, but still!)

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) That is the truth in all things. :( HP is over. What will we do now? It's been going on for SO long!

Lucinda In the movie theater, for one of the advertisements, it was like:

Wildwood is what we've been waiting for since Harry Potter!

What is Wildwood???

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucinda wrote: "I grew up with the wonderful world of Harry Potter, and IT IS MY LIFE! I can't believe that it's over!!! It feels like my life is coming to an end! What to do with my life..."

JK Rowling has given so many people so much pleasure. You can re-read all the books and find other exciting writers. Go to the book recommendations pages and ask people to give you ideas.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

JK ROWLING ROCKS!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah. :) I wonder what will be the next movie and/or book phenomenon? There was one before HP, it was Star Wars, so what will be next?

message 36: by Luke (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luke I reckon there will be a Harry Potter stage show. how cool would that be??
no music though

Bethanie Ramskill i loooooove harry potter the worlds coming down on me!! the movie was good but the book was epic harry will live inside us all!!! rock on harry!!! <3

Bethanie Ramskill i would never be able to think that that is the end my freind has an owl that looks like harry's but it wasn't we always used to pretend it was and play harry potter and the owl always played alond it dropped a envelope right next to my feet not quite a broom but harry potter, WE ALL LOVE YOU!!! <3

-hainekhen- Leah wrote: "David wrote: "Read Percy Jackson. It is kinda like Harry Potter, except the kid doesn't go to school, he goes to summer camp, and it not about wizards, but about Greek Gods. But it is still good. A..."

good series...could be compared to Harry Potter (I'm waiting for Son of Neptune); has more action but plotwise, HP has more twist, more clues to unravel and made for more mature audience...Percy Jackson is a lot easier to read...

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Luke wrote: "I reckon there will be a Harry Potter stage show. how cool would that be??
no music though"

Definitely no singing. Ach! That would be so weird! Just a play, with non-singing music.

message 41: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Jul 18, 2011 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) J.K. Rowling...this is to you....THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FIRST FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Gabriel Loz wrote: "As you get older it is dissapointing to discover that the magical world of Harry Potter gets less and less magical... I used to love the secret passages of Hogwarts and the prospect of sleeping in ..."

Your letter must have gotten lost in the mail, like mine.

Kerri That's how I felt when the last book came out, empty. What helped me through the final installment was knowing that HBP and DH were still being made, so that gave me hope.

I also thought, what will be the next big thing? What will mean to me as much as the books and the movies mean? I'm sorry to all the die-hard Twilight fans but Twilight did not fill the void. The day or (maybe week) after DH came out I remember Eclipse was in the bookstores, and curious about the series I remember people telling me I should read the Twilight books, so I bought it without buying Twilight or New Moon first (it was 30% off). Months later I bought Twilight and New Moon, and got hooked on the books, but it wasn't the same as Harry Potter, the effects were only temporary, I think Breaking Dawn broke the spell... lousy book.

I've tried reading other series, but nothing has the impact on me like Harry Potter. Harry Potter cast a spell on me, that seems to be unbreakable ;)

message 44: by Juliet (last edited Jul 19, 2011 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juliet I am living for the Hunger Games movie and the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series

Juliet Kerri wrote: "That's how I felt when the last book came out, empty. What helped me through the final installment was knowing that HBP and DH were still being made, so that gave me hope.

I also thought, what w..."

maybe Hunger Games

message 46: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Jul 20, 2011 01:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Hey Juliet! I just read Hunger Games! IT WAS AWESOME! I love the author now, because, what she is saying is..: WAKE UP PEOPLE AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

Juliet Kaleigh wrote: "Hey Juliet! I just read Hunger Games! IT WAS AWESOME! I love the other now, because, what she is saying is..: WAKE UP PEOPLE AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!"

hello!

message 49: by Kit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit Ty HEY THERE! POTTER GENERATION!!!!

im currently finding new books to read.. BUT NOT EXPECTING SOMETHING THAT WOULD MATCH ROWLING'S MASTERPIECE..

Jacque There will always be other great books and stories that will draw you in. When I was a child my favorite was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. When HP arrived on the scene I started reading it to my kids and it totally sucked me in. Harry has joined Charlie in my heart.

Although it does feel like it's all over, I will continue to read the HP series over again for many years.

« previous 1