What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A man who lived in a Tree....orange trees?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace | 1 comments It was a book I read in English class. It was wonderful...it was about a man who had lived and climbed in trees all his life and never touched the ground. I think later on he falls in love with a girl or meets someone who has orange trees in her backyard. I thought the author was Oscar Wilde but I don't see it as one his works...

Please help!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessdaygeorge) | 161 comments It's The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino. He's about ten when he refuses to eat the mice his sister shoots and serves for dinner, so he climbs out the dining room window into a tree and vows he will never come down. He not only falls in love with a woman whose orange grove grows right up to her bedroom window, but by the end of his life, it's suspected that he has fathered many babies in the village, and husbands and fathers are suspicious of their wives/daughters whose bedrooms have windows with trees growing near them.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Grace doesn't seem to be active anymore.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I sent off a PM. We'll give her a day or two, then move down to abandoned.