The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) The Bad Beginning question

Do you think they should make the sequel to these books?
MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov MeMe Belikova Jul 13, 2011 09:35PM
i really loved the first movie, it was exactly how the book was and was pretty funny. I thought all the characters matched perfectly with the actors, and would love to see more movies of these books!

but there is a sequel 12 actually

I have never seen the movie. What is it about?

Makenzie There is a sequel to this book. There are 13 books in the seires
Aug 24, 2012 11:19PM

Aterelst (last edited Jul 22, 2011 01:43PM ) Jul 22, 2011 01:42PM   0 votes
There should be a sequel to the movie. The books are so fun I wanna see both! :D

Yup

Dont watch the movie until you read the books. Not that it will spoil you plotwise, its just the movie is kind of a mess with Carrey...a hodgepodge of some of the books' plot ideas wrapped up to cash in on the Harry Potter mystique. It isnt bad, but I really think Carrey ruined it with lots of unennecessary mugging and ad libbing.

deleted member Jul 14, 2011 07:09AM   0 votes
they didn't make enough off the first movie to immediately move into a second movie. so about the time they were able to, the actors are now far older than they should be as the baudelaires. so at one point they were thinking of doing a the next book or two as stop-motion. although, i think that may have fallen through with no luck

I liked the movie, it was my first contact with the series. I read them all, and just love it although when I think about the Baudelaire siblings I cannot help feeling sad for all they have been through.
I would like to see a second movie, but I'm almost certain that would that the actors would not be the same...

I actually dont think there should be any more books to be quite honest. Yes I do own all 13 of them and they was amazing but I thought they did get a bit repetative cause it was always the same just in differant locations D:
The film however I completly loved it followed the books as wel as most film adaptations do with most of the best bits in, it made me laugh, and whats more Jim carrey (my fave ever actor) played the leading role of Count Olaf :D still waiting for the next film though, hopefully it will be made (yn)

I was Upset that the movie didn't get into the whole VFD aspect that was such a major part of of the stories. But to condense all 13 books into a movie and still stay true to the series must be hard.

imho the film was nothing like the books. And they made an ending in the movie. This makes a sequel worthless

deleted member Jul 16, 2011 08:33PM   0 votes
I agree, But couldn't they just change the plot a little bit? they could say that they lived with Mr.Poe and his family for like three years while trying to find another place to put them, when It eventual got too expensive, so they sent them away.

Alice Belikov wrote: "i really loved the first movie, it was exactly how the book was and was pretty funny. I thought all the characters matched perfectly with the actors, and would love to see more movies of these books!" I think they should have done that to begin with. -.-

Everyone's putting such a bad review on the movie, but I watched it when I was younger and loved it, and I watched it a few days ago and still liked it! But I wouldn't see the movie without reading at least the first 3 books. I'm on the 4th right now, can't wait to reach the 13th!

there is and has any body seen the movie its not to bad

yh I wanna know what happens next to the Baudelaires :)

Angie (last edited Oct 05, 2011 06:27AM ) Oct 05, 2011 06:24AM   0 votes
If they want to do the sequel, I think they should do a restart like they are going to do with Spiderman because of the next issues:

1. The young actors are already grown up, so if they are going to do a movie with the series, they have to take into account the time factor (like in HP and Narnia series, only that the time will be more against because in the series the Baudelaries are in the end, at least, two or three years older).

2. The plot in the first movie is slightly changed, making jumping conclusions and leaving some gaps.

3. The plot was coloured with a pinch of hope and a "more happy ending".

4. Count Olaf is not so comical.

Despite this, I think the movie was great (come on, asking Jim Carrey to be serious and a wheezing voice would have been an enormous mistake).

I don't think they should make a sequel because I didn't like how they combined more than one book into the movie. I don't like when people do that so I don't think so.

deleted member Jan 16, 2012 05:14PM   0 votes
I didn't like the m ovie at all, I thought it was terrible and left out wayyy too many things from the book.

I don't know. It's such a great movie that I don't think it needs a sequel...they do leave you at a cliffhanger but I don't think it would have it's magic as before.

Yes a sequel would be a nice idea!

indeed. I enjoyed reading these.

deleted member Aug 18, 2012 04:57PM   0 votes
These books were my childhood! I read all thirteen novels and loved each one for many reasons. The author is terrific and if i were to have children I would make them read these as well. These books are what got me to love reading and to understand words more clearly I'm 18 and I am considering reading them again they are such good reads. If it weren't for these novels I don't think I would ever love reading as much as I do now. Personally I would see the sequel but would not care either way if they made one or not. I did not like how they meshed the first three together. They ruined Count Olaf, he was supposed to be scary and serious, not sarcastic and oddly funny! The orphans were perfect, right on the nose how I would picture them and I loved how they had narration throughout the movie like the book.

deleted member Sep 21, 2011 02:47PM   0 votes
OF COURSE!!!! I STILL DONT KNOW IF THEY FIND ANY OF THEIR PARENTS!!!!! :DDDD

There should be a sequel where the Baudelaires are living happy, wonderful lives. They deserve it, they had a miserable childhood.

Agh, these books were so good... but they were so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!! But I read them anyways...
:(

He should have cleared up more loose ends in the last book. he should have told you exactly what VFD was before the book ended.

They r so good

It would be a little difficult to make a sequel movie when the first movie was a combination of the first THREE books in the series.

I loved the movie but it didn't make enough box office money to warrent another one.

HA HA HA ifell like a nerd.

Its too late for that.

o i knew THAT

I havent even seen the first movie! but i definatly think that they should remake the whole series. One book at a time!

The books go from 1-12 (I've only read the 1st three but there is a sequel and it goes up to 12), that's probably enough!

deleted member Oct 09, 2011 04:05PM   0 votes
I don't think they should make another movie. They ruined the first one. It was nothing like the books, and they turned Count Olaf into a comic relief character! What the deuce?

I loved the series and the movie. It would be great if they would make a sequel:)

If they wanted to make a sequal, they would've had to do it straight after the first. Actors are too old now, it would just be silly.

I think this book was quite interesting, but rather violent.....

deleted member Oct 02, 2011 11:16PM   0 votes
abby
lookin 4 an abby

Formatting Tips
Goodreads allows some html formatting.

•well formed web urls automatically get turned into links
•link: my link text
•link to book: use the "add book/author" link or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
•link to author: use the "add book/author" link or J.K. Rowling
•image:

There are 13 books in the series.

Dakota (last edited Aug 18, 2012 06:21PM ) Aug 14, 2012 12:53PM   0 votes
Sequel to the books? NO NO NO!
Sequel to the movie? YES YES YES!

C.E. (last edited Mar 08, 2012 05:04AM ) Mar 08, 2012 05:04AM   -1 votes
A spin-off series of books has recently been announced by the author, starting publication in October 2012. They will focus on Lemony Snicket himself, rather than the Baudelaires.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02...

i just started reading these series
im waiting for the fourth book at the library
but THERES A MOVIE??????

i like chocolate pudding

SevenOfNinetales That . . . has nothing to do with this . . .
Aug 20, 2020 07:50AM · flag

Raven (last edited May 07, 2012 01:40PM ) May 07, 2012 01:39PM   -1 votes
The books were Great, but the movie made me laugh non- stop so the director wins hands down ^-^

I would DEFIENTLY reccomed the movie... it is VERY good! Jim Carrey plays Count Olaf... HOW CAN THAT NOT BE A GOOD MOVIE?