A Tribute to Harry Potter discussion

The books and plotlines... > Questions or things you never understood...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (last edited Jul 13, 2011 09:07PM) (new)

Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ (NushiiiMellark) | 70 comments Mod
Well for me it has always been a huge mystery, in book 4, when there is that mysterious glint in Dumbledore's eye, right at the end. What does it mean? Is it because he knows his theory is right?
I don't get it!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Everyone asks about that. :D It's pretty complicated.

OK. So the facts stand that when Voldemort killed Lily Evans, she cast a shield within Harry's blood so Quirrell, Voldemort etc could not touch him.
When Voldemort used dark magic to give him a body, he used the bone of his father, flesh from a servant and blood from an enemy.

This is where it gets complicated. Because Voldemort took Harry's blood, he has intertwined his life with Harry's. Meaning that while Voldemort lives, Harry can not fully die.

So Dumbledore is triumphant because it means firstly, Harry can't die and if it never comes to a confrontation, they'll never find out. If they do, then Harry can kill Voldemort. And, no one else can fully kill Harry while Voldemort survives. Secondly, if his theory about the horcruxes it true, then that means that Voldemort can kill the piece of his soul without killing Harry in the process. Also, I guess he's glad that Voldemort decided to use Harry's blood so all of the above could happen.

And the fact that Voldemort could touch Harry basically provided the evidence he needed that their life-forces were linked, that the blood connected them. Ancient magic it is. Complicated man Dumbledore is.

message 3: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewbeck) I have a question. When Sirius Black died, why did Harry get the House of Black's house-elf, Kreacher, instead of the House of Black? I never fully understood that. . . .

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Because Sirius left everything to Harry in his will, which included Kreacher. :)

message 5: by tallfubar (last edited Jul 14, 2011 07:39AM) (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I can haz question. Some of you who know me will guess what it is, but I don't think any will give me an answer I will be fully happy with.

WHY DID FRED *gasp* (nope, can't say it) get de-Fredded?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Scream of sadness.

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire That is a question only JK Rowling herself could answer. Personelly, I DONT KNOW! *cries and screams with isabelle*

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) ok, I sorta get this, but its a little fuzzy.

When Harry "died" (I don't know what else to call it) Why was dumbledore there? can someone just explain that?

message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire Because Dumbledore was dead, and went there to talk to harry or something idk. Maybe Kings Cross is like...the crossing to the next life or something.

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) hmmm, ok. I dont think its a crossing to the next life, though

message 10: by Claire (new)

Claire ya. Like "King's Cross Station."

That's lame, sorry.

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire Can you make me mod? Nushii sent me something and asked me to be one.

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Claire wrote: "ya. Like "King's Cross Station."

That's lame, sorry."

lol, that's great! jk

yep, you're a mod now!

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire Thanks!

message 14: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewbeck) Miss Silvertongue wrote: "Because Sirius left everything to Harry in his will, which included Kreacher. :)"

But, it wasn't Sirius' to begin with. It was his family's

message 15: by Claire (new)

Claire But he was techincally the last one with the name black.

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) | 13 comments Isabelle Weasley (Fallen) wrote: "I can haz question. Some of you who know me will guess what it is, but I don't think any will give me an answer I will be fully happy with.

WHY DID FRED *gasp* (nope, can't say it) get de-Fredded..."

It doesn't make sense! You can't kill a twin, let alone a Weasley! D,8

message 17: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewbeck) JEENNA!!!! CANT WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!! EEP! THE FIRST SHOWING!!! YAY!!!

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) | 13 comments I'm probably gonna cry for Freddie! D,8

But I get to see one of my former teachers again! She was at the midnight showing for the last HP that came out (when she was still my teacher), and she's coming to this one!

(I just accidentally put 'wand' in that sentence twice just now... o_o")

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I can't wait for midnight!!!! Only 6 more hours!

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) | 13 comments 6 hours and 58 minutes!!!!!!!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Sockkitty ~the Slythie~ wrote: "Miss Silvertongue wrote: "Because Sirius left everything to Harry in his will, which included Kreacher. :)"

But, it wasn't Sirius' to begin with. It was his family's"

But like Claire said, he was the last Black. So everything was his. Like Harry is the last Potter so all the gold in Gringott's is his.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Jenna ~The Huffie Hipster~ wrote: "Isabelle Weasley (Fallen) wrote: "I can haz question. Some of you who know me will guess what it is, but I don't think any will give me an answer I will be fully happy with.

WHY DID FRED *gasp..."

I hate JKR for doing that, I feel so sorry for Georgie! :(

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I just want to know why JKR decided to reveal Severus' past in the seventh book, instead of the sixth, which is actually named after him.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments You'll have to ask JKR that. I could say a whole buch of "Harry needed to find out why he needed to die, he needed to know that Snape was a good man, Snape could not let the wizardng world find out because they'll question his loyalty and he wouldn't be able to give the trio the sword etc etc etc" but I think for the true reason, you'll need to ask JKR. :D

message 25: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Miss Silvertongue wrote: "Jenna ~The Huffie Hipster~ wrote: "Isabelle Weasley (Fallen) wrote: "I can haz question. Some of you who know me will guess what it is, but I don't think any will give me an answer I will be fully ..."

*sob, sob* BUT this made me feel so much better: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4009690/1...

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Ahh fanfiction to save the day!

message 27: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Yup, but that's better than your average fanfiction. :D

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments It's good to see Fred alive again. Teared up a bit while reading it.

message 29: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

oooo wanna go read it now!

But fan fiction makes me sad because these impossible things happen and then in the real book IT DOESNT! The inveitable truth is that fred is...

Well u know. :(

Wow in the movie, watching that bit is absolutely heartbreaking! And then one second later they show tonks and lupin. God that bit is not good. NOT GOOD AT ALL. GAHHHHH. I cant think about it.

Its wierd, in the movie they dont really properly show how fred died. Theres 5 seconds where u suspect, yeh this is when he dies. But it never shows it!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Ok, me and Claudia studied it a bit while we were watching yesterday. It might've been George crying because he looked an awfully like George crying later on.

message 31: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (last edited Jul 14, 2011 11:08PM) (new)

Wait which bit? Coz like I thought fred was gna die when it showed him cornered by a death eater against the wall, and he's reaching for his wand which is on the floor. I didnt know if that was fred, but if it was, then i suspect that then is when he died...

but omg george and ron crying! That's gotta be the saddest scene in any movie everrr! :(

message 32: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Aww, Georgie. *hugs*

Ron, grow up, mate. XD

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Ok, George is the one wearing purple. When I watch it again, I'll look out for it. :D

message 34: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.

XD Sorry, I quote the dumbest stuff.

message 35: by Autumn-Rain (new)

Autumn-Rain (arsymphony) | 3 comments Why is it that in the last movie at one point BOTH weasley twins have BOTH ears!!!?

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments It's the movie, they always muck something up. Like his wand.

message 37: by Claire (new)

Claire what was wrong with his wand?

message 38: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Harry's wand broke in the first half when he had an encounter with nagini. In the book he fixes his wand with the elder wand.

message 39: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

But in the movie, he doesnt...

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN.

And ARE U CERIAL? They have both years. God that is a BAAAD muck up.

Well hey I guess one movie cannot be THAT damn perfect. It had to have something wrong eventually. And it had to be us hard core fans that picked it up :)

message 40: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) AR wrote: "Why is it that in the last movie at one point BOTH weasley twins have BOTH ears!!!?"

They both sort of have ears. They probably couldn't make it look like George's was completely off, so they ravaged it a bit, didn't you see? It was there, but it was all uneven and rocky, so it looked like it had at least been cut off with a knife.

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I didn't really pay much attention to george's ear... I will the next time I see it.

Bu I keep thinking about Snape and lily...what would happen if james never existed?

message 42: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Harry wouldn't exist, and Neville might have been killed. :)

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Then again, Voldemort mightn't even hear of the prophecy. And there might not be a Pettigrew that will betray his friends to their deaths. Overall, it would've been very very different.

Oh yeah and the bit in DHPartII where you see one of the twins against a wall, cowering in front of a death eater, that's George. And he's crying because I assume Fred just died. :(

message 44: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Mmm...

I cried then... Seriously, I was sobbing. That's one of the worst parts, because he's reaching for his wand.. It might be Fred, you never know. He might have died just after that. Was he crying anyway?

If it was Fred, I think that makes it worse, because he didn't have a chance.

message 45: by Miss Silvertongue (last edited Jul 18, 2011 03:56AM) (new)

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Well, the twin shown was wearing a purple jacket. And George was wearing the purple jacket when he said "Are you alright Freddie?" (Fred was wearing a green jacket). I made sure I looked at him closely today.

message 46: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Oh, yeah. :) I should know, it's in my profile picture.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Haha. That's currently my facebook profile pic. But I couldn't tell who was who before. :D

message 48: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I can sometimes tell, because I know what they usually look like.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments They looked really different at the premiere. One was much skinnier, not sure whether it was Oliver or James though.

message 50: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) James is thinner, and he's got darker hair, but you don't see that in the movie.

« previous 1