Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

General Chit Chat > Do Darren Shan and Eoin Colfer write books for adults?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairéad (new)

Mairéad | 10 comments Hi I'm just wondering if they writes books for adults?

Regarding Darren Shan, all I ever usually see around the place are 'The Demonata' and Cirque du Freak series, and I've been told that the latter is aimed mostly at kids/Y.A (but then again so is Harry Potter!). It probably doesn't help that my local librarian lumps all the sci-fi and fantasy books into the Y.A section because she's run out of space in the adult fiction section! XD

Also, every time I see one of his books they bear the statement 'The Master of Horror' on them. Is this true? Or can authors just go around saying those kinds of things? I've always wondered about that!

Regarding Eoin Colfer, I loved his writing style and stories as a kid and young teen so I would like to read more of his stuff now! (:

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena | 26 comments I don't know about anyone else, but I think Stephen King is probably the king of horror.

Darren Shan writes books for adults, I can't think of the title. I don't know about Colfer.

message 3: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Eoin Colfer did one last book in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series, in honour of douglas adams. if you want to know more about Authors and what they have created, You should Go to the Authors Profile. at the top of the screen, you will find a search bar. type in the authors name and then press enter. it will come up with a list of books done by that particular author.
and instaed of clicking on the name of the book, click on the authors name. it will bring up their profile. it might have a link to their blog, and also below that will be stats of the books they have written. if you click on more books, it will come up with every book that author has done. but if the author has done a series. if you scroll down the profile poage you will find them listed by series, just click on the series name and it will bring up all books of that series.

@Lena, i was just saying in another topic that stephen king, is just too twisted. i know i have enough of that in my life without reading it too!
i will say he has written some classics and has given a lot of people Coulrophobia (including my boyfriend), all thanks to IT.

i'm not sure if it was the Actor or the writing which scared people most. But i admire Tim Curry for his ability to change characters. and Stephen king for not only scaring Generations of people, but for also being so well known for doing it too!