The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

Is this book so good that it could be a Broadway musical?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Fariha I think it is.

Madeline why do i get the feeling i've been here before...

MizziQ hmmmmmmmmmm... IDK? :) haha

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah, why are there FIVE discussions with the same topic?????!!!!?????

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

This isn't meant to be a Broadway musical.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) No way. Can someone answer my question? ^

message 8: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana No. I can't Imagine Percy dancing around in tights, and singing a song about his troubles, and doing a choreographed dance while killing the hydra. This book is amazing and I love it, but no way in hell will it ever be broadway material.

Emily no its a freakin amazing book but i seriously cant see it as a cheesy musical.

message 11: by Aya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aya E. seriously its not like he can sing and kill things at he same time. plus arent musicals suppose to be POSITIVE. most of the tim hes falling to his death or being crushed to his death or being dropped to his death.... ect etc

MizziQ true.... a fine life the lad lives. haha! :)

message 13: by Aya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aya E. :p

message 14: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana percy never dies, he ALMOST dies. he's not being crushed to his death, he's being ALMOST crushed to his death. there's a difference ;D

message 15: by Madeline (last edited Jul 24, 2011 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madeline i would probably laugh so hard when percy would sing, while everyone is sitting there with serious faces glaring at me- it's the truth

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Madeline wrote: "i would probably laugh so hard when percy would sing, while everyone is sitting there with serious faces glaring at me- it's the truth"

SAME HERE!!!!! I wouldn't laugh out loud. I would just shrink and shrivel inside and think how awkward and stupid this feels.....

Madeline haha ikr?!

message 18: by Echo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Echo Aya wrote: "seriously its not like he can sing and kill things at he same time. plus arent musicals suppose to be POSITIVE. most of the tim hes falling to his death or being crushed to his death or being dropp..."

First, I definitely don't see any book in this series as a broadway play or musical. Second, no musicals are not supposed to be positive. Some definitely are, but there are musicals with murder and rape and stealing and how life sucks. Many old musicals are positive, but so are a lot of old movies in general. A musical can be just as dark and dreary as it wants to be. After all, there are sad and angry songs in everyday life.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah. What a light and mostly dark world we live in. Sad. :(

Natalie I like the book, but... not that much. Haha, I just don't think it would work.

Madeline oh my gosh! a pig!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) :) I know! How is this possible?

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) A PIG! A PIG! AAAHH! IT IS ATTACKING ME!

Darlene Haha no, but it's pretty funny to imagine. I would be laughing a like a maniac. Lol, what about Percy Jackson ON ICE!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) I know. Who would be able to be STRONG enough to play Mrs. O'leary?

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) I'm going to go all sco'ish now! How 'bou' you?

Bianca imagine when he declares to Annabeth that he loves her. "Oh, baby. I doooo love youuuu"

Alana Madeline wrote: "i would probably laugh so hard when percy would sing, while everyone is sitting there with serious faces glaring at me- it's the truth"

Me too. There is no way that I could POSSIBLY sit through a Percy Jackson Musical with a straight face. :D

C H A N T I I E :P if only they could make it out of the book,every detail and everything...

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Hey, (sorry totally of the subject) who knows about The Series of Unfortunate Events?

Alana I loved that series!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) YES. They are awesome! I still haven't read the 7th, 12th, and 13th, but, I bet they are just as cool!

message 36: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Darlene wrote: "Haha no, but it's pretty funny to imagine. I would be laughing a like a maniac. Lol, what about Percy Jackson ON ICE!"
Yeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That'd be amaaaaaazing! Percy probably couldn't sing for his life and he probably thinks it stupid. But Percy Jackson on ice is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay so much Money to See that!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene Siyana wrote: "Darlene wrote: "Haha no, but it's pretty funny to imagine. I would be laughing a like a maniac. Lol, what about Percy Jackson ON ICE!"
Yeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That'd be amaaaaaazing! Percy..."

I was kidding but ok :)

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) :) *laughing hysterically now and won't stop*

message 39: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana I had a feeling, but that doesn't make it less awesome! Wat would u rather see? Percy the musical ore Percy on ice?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ice for the win!!!!!!!!!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) ICE!! And what is with Percy and ice right now?

Darlene Haha as long as Percy doesn't sing I'm all for it

message 42: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Idk man, but it's better than Percy nd musicals!

message 43: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Kimberly wrote: "Ik Percy singing = nightmares"

Soooooo tru! I have a bad feeling he'd probably suck...

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah....I think most everybody here does too.

message 45: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana yup...

Bianca Percy dancing on ice.................... and singing... e_________e

message 47: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana he probably wouldn't sing on the ice....

message 48: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana :D tru dat! it'd be fun to watch the dude fall on purpose.

Mrs. Adrian Ivashkov Forever IT is very very good but it is not the kind of book that you would make a broadway musical!

« previous 1