The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

Is this book so good that it could be a Broadway musical?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fariha I think it is.

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles no. i don't think it was made for that, or will it fit. usually the musical comes first, then the movie. plus, where would they fit in the songs and things. i don't think it will work.

Sabzzy123 That's questionable, because it would be weird in that content. And".....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz! can you see Percy dancing and singing to Annabeth while slaying drakons and monsters?

Sabzzy123 That is hilarious, hades singing about killing them.... Haha

Sabzzy123 That is hilarious, hades singing about killing them.... Haha

Fariha yeah but wat if they made it just for money-making

Abigail yea....I don't think so.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That is such a random question. I know nothing about musicals but who knows? Maybe, I mean they're turning The Hunger Games into a musical. Why not, Percy Jackson?

Monica it might work they did it to wicked! It just might work

Shelby Um, no. The whole 'musical' part? I just dont see it.

Now, a movie I get. If only the real one wasn't so...wrong. *shudders*

Fariha well could it be anything other than a movie?

Badgerlord They could probably use it as the plot for an opera, but only if it was sung in greek.

Valerie Badgerlord wrote: "They could probably use it as the plot for an opera, but only if it was sung in greek."

Lol! That would be worth seeing! But I think it's better as a book.

Fariha well couldn't they sing it in english just cuz the book is in english and not in greek?

Caroline Where do you get the idea for a musical????? Come on it about monsters!!,

Mas5thgrade2012 Fariha wrote: "I think it is."

i dont think it is that good

message 18: by krysta (last edited Jan 04, 2012 09:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

krysta HAAA! I'd die laughing... I can imagine...
thank you for putting that image in my head.
Lets send in a request to Broadway... :)
I can see the headlines now..
PERCY JACKSON THE BROADWAY MUSICAL!!!COMING SOON!!

krysta Heaven wrote: "That is such a random question. I know nothing about musicals but who knows? Maybe, I mean they're turning The Hunger Games into a musical. Why not, Percy Jackson?"

They are? Now that, I HAVE to see...

Joanna Roxanne Smith As strange as it sounds, i can actually IMAGINE it.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Ellie wrote: "As strange as it sounds, i can actually IMAGINE it."

I don't think it's all that strange, I mean, with all the fight scenes and stuff, it would look pretty cool choreographed.

Krysta wrote: "Heaven wrote: "That is such a random question. I know nothing about musicals but who knows? Maybe, I mean they're turning The Hunger Games into a musical. Why not, Percy Jackson?"

They are? Now ..."

Yeah, I don't know if it's actually on Broadway or not, but thy're making one.

little_red_ridding_hood It is a very, very good book but I could never picture it as a musical. The book is WAY too good for it to go there cause they only do musicals on things that sucked or that happened way back when and their trying to bring it back. In my opinion, this series should never go there cause that would just ruin it for me and probably for others as well.

Micaela I love this book but it would hate the musical it would be just sooo weird.

little_red_ridding_hood Micaela wrote: "I love this book but it would hate the musical it would be just sooo weird."

Agreed.

Badgerlord Fariha wrote: "well couldn't they sing it in english just cuz the book is in english and not in greek?"

Have you every heard an opera sung in english (or with subtitles)? They're sooo boooring! Honestly, it's like 'Where is my sword? I need my sword! I must find my sword! Have you seen my sword?' 'Here is your sword!' 'Ahh, my sword! I have my sword, I am ready!'

Badgerlord Oh, and Greek just seems appropriate

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys do realize not everything in a musical is sung, right? Haha

Micaela Well in some musicals every thing is sung but not all.

little_red_ridding_hood Micaela wrote: "Well in some musicals every thing is sung but not all."

Yeh they just break out in random song and dance... Lol

Fariha Micaela wrote: "Well in some musicals every thing is sung but not all."

Well you can't sing in every single part of the musical.

Elissa wrote: Yeh they just break out in random song and dance... Lol

i think ur thinking of an opera! not a musical.

Hannah Fariha wrote: "Micaela wrote: "Well in some musicals every thing is sung but not all."

Well you can't sing in every single part of the musical.

Elissa wrote: Yeh they just break out in random song and dance......"

Actually, Les Miserables, is all sung, but it is called a musical. So it could be either.

Hriju I can't imagine Percy and Annabeth and all the others singing and dancing. It's just too weird

Emily I think that it would be great as a play, but not a musical.

Henry A Musical?! that is a really stupid idea singing wasn't made for a book like this.