UK Book Club discussion

50 Books in a Year > Heather's List

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 09, 2011 05:30AM) (new)

Heather I'm still shiny and new so therefore feeling ambitious! Although its already July, I think I can get to 50. Going to count those that I have read in the last few weeks/months (what I can remember anyway) so that should move me forward a bit. This is a great idea for helping to remember what books I've actually read - sometimes I go through them far too quickly and forget...

1. The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde
2. The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald
3. Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
5. The Girl who played with Fire - Stieg Larsson
6. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg
Larsson
7. One Day - David Nicholls
8. Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde
9. Tipping the Velvet - Sarah Waters
10. The Reader - Bernard Schlink
11. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
12. Dissolution - C.J Sanson
13. The Outsiders - S.E Hinton
14. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
15. Think me Back - Catherine Forde
16. Gods Behaving Badly - Marie Philips
17. Fleshmarket - Nicola Morgan
18. Divided City - Theresa Breslin
19. An Inspector Calls - J.B. Priestley

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather 11. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

message 3: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Ian (pepecan) | 5528 comments Mod
This site is great for me to be able to remember what I've read - my memory is now like a colander. Best of luck with your 50.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather 12. Dissolution - C.J Sansom

really enjoyed this one, although I did solve part of the crime early in the book which would normally put me off. Liked the historical aspect, something I'm trying to learn more about so it was perfect.

message 5: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments I'd like to read Dissolution, alot of people seem to rate it quite highly and for some reason can never get enough of the Tudors!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments I have read this one too and havethe others, must admit I love the Tudors too! And I really love reading about Lady Jane Grey, as I lived not far from her Bradgate Park Estate in Leicestershire and used to go there for picnics as a kid.

message 7: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel wrote: "I have read this one too and havethe others, must admit I love the Tudors too! And I really love reading about Lady Jane Grey, as I lived not far from her Bradgate Park Estate in Leicestershire and..."

I loved Bragdgate Park when I lived in Leicester

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments I haven't been for years although I have extended family there, I am going to visit the oldies in Sept so will see if I can see it again.

message 9: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 684 comments Bradgate park is one of my favourite places to walk, Mum lives in Leicester, and I'm only just over the border in Derbyshire.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments Wow, we could have a picnic and read in the park!

message 11: by Dave (new)

Dave Wood (pocket7976) | 985 comments Lynne - The Book Squirrel wrote: "Wow, we could have a picnic and read in the park!"

Oh group picnic!! I could supply a can of pringles :(

Hmm some shopping may be required.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments I can make some bread and have some Beck's Blue non alcky lager in fridge. Nearly there for picnic!

message 13: by Ian, Moderator (new)

As we are in Leicester, I'd vote for just going for a very good curry post walk

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments Ian wrote: "As we are in Leicester, I'd vote for just going for a very good curry post walk"

As long as I can have mild Korma and plenty of poppawhatits!

message 15: by Ian, Moderator (new)

My days of demanding the "suicide" curry at the Plaza in Manchester are well and truly over

message 16: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 684 comments Curry sounds fantastic, may have to walk through Bradgate park and back, maybe even pop and say hello to Old John.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments Definitely! Not been there since I was a kid!

message 18: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 684 comments Lynne
Thought I'd change my photo to remind you of Bradgate park, just in case you want to see the ruins again.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3622 comments Deanne wrote: "Lynne
Thought I'd change my photo to remind you of Bradgate park, just in case you want to see the ruins again."

Fantastic!!!

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather I've been out of the loop recently and missed all of this. Just to add since I'm extra late, Dissolution was great. Going to read the following ones (as soon as I get through some of my current list!)