Indie Book Collective discussion

What's New > New Website for Independent Authors and Writers

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) A fellow author, William Oliver, recently designed and implemented a website to help authors self-promote. There is both a website and a sister Facebook page. The Facebook page got all of the 'likes' it needed to get on Google within about 48 hours.

The website is slightly different than most I've visited but it is not that difficult. If you get stuck then there is a link: Contact Independent Authors or you can post something on the Facebook page and he'll get back to you.

http://www.independentauthors.org/

http://www.facebook.com/IndependentAu...

Hope this helps somebody rocket to the top.

If you do visit the website...look for the thread marked Sizzling Summer Sale (sorry couldn't resist throwing that in there).

Lynn Hallbrooks
Call Sign: Wrecking Crew

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Coleman (kimberlyjcoleman) | 1 comments Thanks Lynn,
I headed on over there and made myself at home!

Kimberly

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Cool! We can use some more females on there.

Lynn

message 4: by Alberta (new)

Alberta Ross (authorshow4506833alberta_ross) | 16 comments have registered - will put up tomorrow tis late now need my beauty sleep!!!

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) A.K. wrote: "Signed up and made my post and FB like. Hope you like the post!"

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Lynn

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Alberta wrote: "have registered - will put up tomorrow tis late now need my beauty sleep!!!"

Yes time differences, I understand.

Lynn

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard Sutton (richardsutton) | 133 comments Great lead! I signed up and in and spent an hour putting up a profile. I hope the navigation gets some improvement soon, so that those who find the site will actually stay and read some of the posts!

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Richard wrote: "Great lead! I signed up and in and spent an hour putting up a profile. I hope the navigation gets some improvement soon, so that those who find the site will actually stay and read some of the posts!"

If you make some suggestions and it is under his control, I'm sure he'll make them. You can contact admin on the tab marked: Contact Independent Authors

Hope that helps.

Lynn

message 9: by Esther (new)

Esther Jno-Charles (estherjnocharles) | 63 comments Thank you.
Lynn,
I just went to the site and like it.
Esther Jno-Charles
The Talking Palm novel

message 10: by Martha (new)

Martha Rodriguez (martharodriguezauthor) | 20 comments Just posted my author info. Thanks!

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Grossman (laurenbgrossman) | 42 comments Please read my blog update about Borders closing their doors: http://laurenbgrossman.blogspo​t.com/. Feel free to leave a comment.

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Hi Esther and Martha. Welcome!

Lynn

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Lauren wrote: "Please read my blog update about Borders closing their doors: http://laurenbgrossman.blogspo​t.com/. Feel free to leave a comment."

Lauren, I heard this somewhere else. Just scanned your blog (eyes are tired...I think so is the rest of me.) I will try and look at it later but what I see so far sounds interesting. (I'll follow you)

Thanks for sharing,

Lynn

message 14: by Martha (new)

Martha Rodriguez (martharodriguezauthor) | 20 comments Hi Lynn, glad to be here!

message 15: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Martha T. wrote: "Hi Lynn, glad to be here!"

I'm so glad Martha T.

Lynn

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Grossman (laurenbgrossman) | 42 comments Welcome, Martha.

message 17: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Lauren wrote: "Welcome, Martha."

Hi Lauren, I posted a comment on your blog today. I really liked it.

Lynn

message 18: by Doug (new)

Doug DePew (dougdepew) | 13 comments I finally got in, Lynn. Things have been crazy lately, but I found the time.

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) I'm so glad that you made it over. I saw your page link. Looked good at a glance. Will look closer when I have fresher eyes. Believe me I understand about crazy.

Thanks again,

Lynn

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Lynn wrote: "I'm so glad that you made it over. I saw your page link. Looked good at a glance. Will look closer when I have fresher eyes. Believe me I understand about crazy.

Thanks again,

Lynn"

Doug, with my fresher eyes, I saw a professional-looking page link that told me more information about you and your book that I didn't know before. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations you made book of the day.

Lynn

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Hello everybody,

It seems to be a bit slow on Independent Authors and Writers (IAW) website. Now might be the perfect time for those of you, who haven't already done so, to introduce yourself. We are looking for positive and professional page links. This helps to benefit the indie community at large.

There have been several Goodreads authors selected for book of the day based mainly on their professional appearance. I've noticed that the page link provides more opportunity for the author to showcase a little more of who they are in relationship to their book. When a person 'likes' a Facebook fan page or looks at a website generally it is out of common courtesy. Many times, I have scanned or glanced at a link, thought oh nice cover or artwork. But never got much past that. Mainly, for fear that I would miss the next person that was seeking my attention at that moment. Or simply because of external distractions at home.

My point here is that, sometimes, the eye doesn't always capture the deeper truth or meaning on here. However on IAW, the author is showcased on one page. Comments are left on that one page. It is just simply much easier to stay focused on the author and their book.

Thanks for listening. Have a great one!

Lynn

message 22: by mountainmama (new)

mountainmama (jcallenbooks) | 60 comments I joined a couple weeks ago, and was thrilled to be picked as "book of the day". Thanks Lynn.

message 23: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) mountainmama wrote: "I joined a couple weeks ago, and was thrilled to be picked as "book of the day". Thanks Lynn."

You are most welcome, mountainmama. It definitely deserved it.

Lynn

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Independent Authors and Writers now has three columnists.

So please come by and visit us to learn more.

http://www.independentauthors.org/

Our Facebook Fan page can connect with twitter users for even more virtual communications.

Lynn

message 25: by Charity (new)

Charity Parkerson | 167 comments I love the new website!
Charity Parkerson

message 26: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Charity wrote: "I love the new website!
Charity Parkerson"

Aw thanks Charity. We love having you with us.

Lynn

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Grossman (laurenbgrossman) | 42 comments Lynn, As you know, I joined the Independent Authors and Writers site, and am glad I did.
Thanks.

message 28: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) Lauren wrote: "Lynn, As you know, I joined the Independent Authors and Writers site, and am glad I did.
Thanks."

Yes, I know. I'm glad you did as well.

If you ever notice, I sometimes refer to all of us as a family of authors and writers.

Lynn

message 29: by F.A. (new)

F.A. Hershey (f_a_hershey) | 5 comments I joined the Independent Authors and Writers today... YAY!

message 30: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) F.A. wrote: "I joined the Independent Authors and Writers today... YAY!"

Welcome. Sorry, I didn't get over there today. I plan on being on there ASAP though.

Lynn

message 31: by F.A. (new)

F.A. Hershey (f_a_hershey) | 5 comments Thanks Lynn! Just spotted your comment over at IAnW.
The website is great! It will soon turn out to be an Indie Authors Nation!!

:-D

message 32: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) F.A. wrote: "Thanks Lynn! Just spotted your comment over at IAnW.
The website is great! It will soon turn out to be an Indie Authors Nation!!

:-D"

Hi F.A.,

We do have International members. So why not. :)

Lynn

message 33: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hallbrooks (lynnhallbrooks) I'm sorry to announce that Independent Authors and Writers' website has been closed. Admin is no longer able to continue maintaining the website due to personal obligations. The FB fan page will be available only until the weekend.

Thanks to all those who participated. It was a great concept but the behind the scenes work was not easy.

Hope y'all have a great one!

Lynn Hallbrooks

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Storm Warning (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charity Parkerson (other topics)