Clean Reads discussion

Which would you most like to read, but can't?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 131 comments Which authour would you like to read but can't because of the content they put into their books? I know there is a topic like this with the "Books I've had to put down and why", I would just like to know which authour has always caught your attention every time a new book comes out but unfortunately you get turned off by the scenes in there? For me, it would be James Ellroy. He comes up with a lot of original ideas and tries to get you to ponder a lot about some of the issues in our society, but he has a lot of inappropiate stuff in his work. I also like how uses history in his settings.

message 2: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 98 comments Melina Marchetta, for sure.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Elizabeth Berg. Great story lines, but she always has to throw in the F-bomb. It drives me crazy!!!

message 4: by Andrea (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:01AM) (new)

Andrea | 13 comments Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans, Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic series, Julie and Julia by Julie Powell . . . oh the list goes on and on. These are but a few I wanted badly to pick up, but couldn't because of their severe language use.