Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Bookmark Swap > Bookmark Swap #16 - ship on 8/15, open on 8/30!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 59) (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Jul 31, 2011 08:54PM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Sign up here if you want to participate in our bookmark swap. This swap is a "free for all" round, meaning you can use any YA book you choose.

(Sign ups are posting early because I will be out of town this Friday)

Bookmarks will ship on August 15th.
Bookmarks will be opened on August 30th.

These are the rules:

1. You make or buy a bookmark themed around your choice of a YA book (but handmade is way cool!)
2. You are responsible for shipping your bookmark to your swap person at your own expense NO LATER THAN MONDAY, AUGUST 15TH! Be prepared to possibly send it out of the country.
3. Have fun and be creative!!! How you represent your book on your bookmark is totally and completely up to you.
4. Open your new bookmark as a group on TUESDAY, AUGUST 30TH!
5. Take a picture of the bookmark you receive to share with the group!

The goal is pretty much to just share a book you like in an unique way. Feel free to message me your address in the meantime, I will hang onto it and confirm your spot in the swap here.

Cassie
Misty
Amy
Becky
Donna
Paula
Cristen

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie IN!

message 3: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments In, as always. =D

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1947 comments I'm in.

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Where is everybody??

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) I think I'm in...

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1947 comments My bookmark is almost done! Yay me. First time I've actually had something ready far far in advance.

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Anyone else want to sign up??

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I'll sign up. I'm really busy at work, so I don't know if I can make the bookmark.

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments I will go into this again just to keeo my streek

message 11: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Sign ups end tomorrow. Any other takers?

message 12: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments This sounds like fun, I'd like to try it out. Sign me up too!

message 13: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Cristen wrote: "This sounds like fun, I'd like to try it out. Sign me up too!"

Great Cristen! Message me your address info. I will pass out swap partners (we keep them secret) on Tuesday.

message 14: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Hi guys, I passed out names just now. I'm sorry if we had a lot of partner repeats, but we have had a couple of small swaps! Small group = same recipients!

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I've mailed my bookmark out!

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1947 comments I'm probably going to mail mine out today as well.

message 17: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments I hoping to finish mine up today and get it in the mail by tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

message 18: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I love mine. Going in the mail tomorrow. =D

message 19: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments I'm doing mine tonight and putting it in the mail tomorrow :-)

message 20: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Mine went in the mail today! (YAY!)

message 21: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Woohoo! Last round was a late one and it looks like this is an early one!

message 22: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Should go out in the mail today :)

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Mine is done... but I realized that I don't have an envelope that will fit, so I'll have to run to the store when I get out of work to get a little mailer. It will definitely be in the mailbox today though!

message 24: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) Okay, today is shipping day!

message 25: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments Completely ran outta time! NEver got to make mine this round but I brought one that reminded of a book so there.... Out in the mail today!

message 26: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Pretty sure I got mine today!

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Errr... Mine will actually have to go out in the morning. I put it in the mailer, and then was on the way to the mailbox, when I realized that I have no postage on it... and the Post office is now closed. And I don't have enough stamps. Shoot. =\

Sorry... I am a dummy. In the morning though, Scout's Honor! :D

message 28: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Mine came today! (And the one I made was sent out.)

message 29: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) | 1332 comments I got someting today!!!

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Bookmark mailed this morning. :)

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Received!

message 32: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments I got mine!

message 33: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Are we only waiting on 1 person to receive? Wow, we were on it this month!

message 34: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I must be that person, but I imagine the bookmark is on it's way. All is well.

message 35: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments I received my bookmark today.

message 36: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments So...does that mean we can open early?!
=D

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1947 comments I got my bookmark on Wednesday. Sorry y'all. Haven't had time until tonight to come a post.

message 38: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (AngelaSunshine) If everyone has posted that they've received a bookmark, then open away!!

message 39: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1947 comments Oh was I the last person?

message 40: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments Thanks Becky for the bookmark. I like A Little Princess also. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get home from work. I really like the metal bookmarks. They fit nicely on the page of a book.

message 41: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1947 comments thanks Cristen! I love my bookmark. I'll hopefully take some pics tonight and email them to Angela to post for me!

message 42: by Cristen (last edited Aug 20, 2011 02:52PM) (new)

Cristen | 135 comments Glad you like it Amy!

Thanks for The Knife of Never Letting Go bookmark Cassie! I loved that book! I'm trying to find my camera's battery charger so I can take pics.

message 43: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments [ Photobucket]

This is the front of Beck's bookmark.

message 44: by Paula (last edited Aug 21, 2011 10:30AM) (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 322 comments [ Photobucket]

This is the back of Becky's bookmark. My camera didn't catch the image well. Becky also sent me two bookmark clips.

message 45: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Here's the bookmark that Donna sent to me:

With the note she sent:
P8210503

In the book I'm reading:
P8210504

I love it, it's so cute! I love that the legs can each mark a different page - that's handy for short stories like that. And, I dunno if you all noticed (it's real subtle), but in the background is the quilt my grandmother made for me which has horses on it too. ♥

message 46: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Those are so fun! The horse is very sweet :) Glad you liked it! I had just finished that book and had to create one for it ~ I enjoyed the book too! Have you read any others in the series?

I just saw this today and now want to be home so badly to open my bookmark!! Will happen as soon as I get home!

message 47: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) I read all of the Little House books when I was a kid, but I don't really remember them so I have plans to re-read them at some point. I'll probably squeeze in the first one soonish! :)

message 48: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Crap! Just realized that I jumbled all of my statements together - brain warp-speed will do that...sorry for any confusion! (Donna sent the cool horse bookmark, for any who wondering)

Anyway, Cristen I meant this in regards the bookmark I made: Glad you liked it! I had just finished that book and had to create one for it ~ I enjoyed the book too! Have you read any others in the series?

Becky: That's cool. I've actually never read any of the Little House books!

message 49: by Becky (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Oh. Whoops... LOL!`

message 50: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 135 comments @ Cassie message 48: I just finished the first one about a week ago, so your timing was perfect. I checked The Ask and the Answer out from the library and I'll probably start it this week.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Little Princess (other topics)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (other topics)
The Ask and the Answer (other topics)
Ashes, Ashes (other topics)