Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Halfway through summer...updates?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If you consider summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day, which is the somewhat traditional measure around here (I accept that other locales may have different measures, as M-Day to L-Day is very limited) we're close to halfway through summer.

How's your summer been? What do you still want to do? Are you taking the time to enjoy your summer?

I want to get over by the lake at night more. I love the water at night and I don't experience it enough.

message 2: by ~Geektastic~ (last edited Jul 12, 2011 07:03AM) (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Not a bad summer, so far. I would like to have a new job before the fall, but we'll see.

I need to read more, I haven't had my usual summer reading splurge yet.

It's kind of depressing that the stores are already starting up their back-to-school sales. The kids have only been out of school for like 3 weeks so far! They seem to start earlier and earlier every year.

Haven't been to the beach yet this summer, definitely need to make a weekend trip out to VA Beach.

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) We have had so much rain this summer. The sun has only peaked out once or twice in the last week, or month. I'm not sure how much sun we've seen.

Some of the farmers never got to seed their crops because it was such a wet spring. Half our hay crop has been cut and has been laying in sodden fields. We had at the most one week of nice weather and I fear that was our summer.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket, but my spirits have been dampened.

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Janice, I'll be happy to take some of your rain. It's been so damned dry and hot here. But then again, it's always dry and hot where I live.

I've been using the community pool a lot more than I have in previous summers, for some reason.

message 5: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I just realized that I typed "peaked" instead of "peeked". Mind you, it's not entirely incorrect in that context. I think summer has peaked and is sliding on into fall.

Gus, you can have our rain. I'll send it your way.

message 6: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6027 comments Feh... Bring on fall. I've been busting my cajones working in and around the house all summer, playing softball, coaching softball, and attending two swim meets per week. I need a break.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17335 comments Mod
Good Summer, but I'm terrified of Fall, so of course it is coming too swiftly.

message 8: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Creech | 100 comments Made it to the beach, and only 8 more weeks of this pregnancy... so pretty good summer. Its been really hot here lately and the heat index is in the triple digits. Thank goodness for air conditioning! My maternity leave will hit in the fall, which will be absolutley perfect!

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally wrote: "Good Summer, but I'm terrified of Fall, so of course it is coming too swiftly."

You'll be a star.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Good luck, Myles.

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Good luck with the job search and/or grad school applications, Myles.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments We are NOT halfway through summer.

Sorry about the layoff, Myles. Definitely a good push toward grad school.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) We are half-way through the year. Summer just started a couple of weeks ago.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i was thinking the other day that i've been riding my motorcycle since late march early april and i will be able to ride until mid november prob. just thinking about that for no reason really