The Sword and Laser discussion

Podcasts > S&L Podcast - #68 - Ad-libbing in Dothraki

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1671 comments Mod
New episode is up!

http://www.swordandlaser.com/home/201...

Really enjoyed this interview, hope you do too!

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2844 comments My favorite tool listing books in series is Fantastic Fiction, which my local public librarian showed me. That's how we figured out what book preceded The Waters Rising by Sheri Tepper since it had been over a decade and it wasnt listed anywhere on the book!

GoodReads has started to be better about series too. I've noticed I can plug a series name into the search and it lists them in order... At least the few I've tried.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Dance with Dragons just arrived. It's as big as a brick.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Jenny wrote: "My favorite tool listing books in series is Fantastic Fiction, which my local public librarian showed me. That's how we figured out what book preceded The Waters Rising by Sheri Tep..."

Jenny thanks for that link it is awesome!

message 5: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6188 comments If this was google plus, I would +1 this interview.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Tamahome wrote: "If this was google plus, I would +1 this interview."

Same here, great interview guys.

message 7: by Nevan (new)

Nevan | 143 comments Tom may be horrified to hear this given his fastidious trawling of the Dark Tower canon, but I read 'Wolves of the Calla' first, and then finished books six and seven before reading books one through four.

That's pretty much the only time I've read a series out of order, save, perhaps, that one really boring Narnia novel that I had to skip — I think it was 'The Horse and His Boy.'

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Like this podcast! Sword and laser plus interview is good stuff. Thanks to our overlords (grovel,grovel). Hope there is more soon and there isn't a long break to watch dragons dancing...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for not tamahoming my name.

message 10: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments Excellent interview, and I got two mentions for the same post! Now for those dancing dragons...

message 11: by Dylan Northrup (new)

Dylan Northrup | 33 comments Tom and Veronica, a couple of notes on DragonCon. While it has been held on other dates in the past, going forward it's every year on Labor Day weekend (which you got correct). This year will be its 24th year (which you were a bit off on), so we're going strong.

I'm also very glad to hear this is your favorite convention. Seeing your names on the guest list these past years has made me quite happy and only increased my enjoyment while attending the convention.