Writerpedia discussion

advice requests > Submitting a one page query letter??

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonita (new)

Bonita Rose | 6 comments When sending a query letter to agent for a nonfiction work..
1 - do you include book proposal with outline and sample chapters and bio along with the query?
or do you just send one page query letter?

2- do you send to agents via regular mail or via fed ex/ups?? signature needed for delivery??

just wondering what is best??

thks! bonnierose

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 26 comments For non-fiction, a proposal with a table of contents and three sample chapters is the norm, I believe, and some statement of your credentials to write the book. For specifics, either check a particular agent's or agency's website for what they require, or check in the library for such books as The Literary Marketplace or The Writer's Market, which will have sections on publishers, agents, and the usual requirements.

message 3: by Bonita (new)

Bonita Rose | 6 comments Marc,
thanks what you shared helped..
the norm seems to be a one page query with a book outline/proposal with 2-3 sample chapters. I will pick up the writers market when i am ready to submit.. getting closer!
thks again.. I'm writing nonfic/memoir..

hugs
bonnierose

My Social Networking Site: http://alifeunrehearsed.ning.com/

My Blog - www.alifeunrehearsed.blogspot.com
Email me at bonnieangel1797@gmail.com for invited access only!
You may or may not be approved access.
Bonnie Rose K
bonnieangel1797@gmail.com

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Ferguson (juliehferguson) | 2 comments There are some very good books available on the art of crafting queries that include guidance on emailing or snail mailing, as well as enclosures.

Generally speaking, the only enclosure might be a TOC for nonfiction and, occasionally, a one page synopsis for fiction. Each publisher or agent has their own preferences on thier websites.

Julie at Beacon