Q&A with Sara C. Roethle discussion

Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Roethle (saracroethle) | 22 comments Mod
Introduce yourself! Because we all totally need more online friends. Living in the middle of nowhere, I actually do.

message 2: by Lianne (new)

Lianne Blanch (lianneblanch) | 4 comments Just joined Sara, how could I resist that invitation! Could you return the favour and Like my Kindle book-finding blog lovethyauthor.com on Facebook??

message 3: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy | 3 comments Hi..
Just joined :) I live in the middle of nowhere so I think we can be awesome online friends :))

message 4: by heather h (new)

heather h (heathervh) | 4 comments i will take it personally if you get mad and mock me severely.

that said, i'm heather, everybody! and i live in arizona. and i'm in my 20's. and i like books.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4 comments Hey!im from estonia and i love reading and buying books :)and im addicted to reading challenges :)

message 6: by Misty (new)

Misty (mistyspeer) Hi there! I'm Misty and I live in San Antonio, Texas. I love, love, love books and love reading. I like to say that some women love shoes like I love books. Anyway, glad to be here and nice to meet everyone! :-)

message 7: by Sara (new)

Yay I have group members! Nice to meet everyone. I guess I'll clarify that my middle of nowhere is about 30 miles north of Silver City, NM.
@Lianne Done!
@Kimmy awesome! I was soon to go insane with only my dogs to talk to.
@Heather you are on my list of first to be mocked now.
@Laura holy crap Estonia?! I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm not even entirely sure where that is.
@Misty I love shoes and books, but books definitely win out, so...high five!

message 8: by Lianne (new)

Lianne Blanch (lianneblanch) | 4 comments Thanks Sara! So can you tell us a bit about your book and how it's going on Amazon?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Nevin | 1 comments Hi everyone. I'm from New Mexico and also live in the middle of know where. Loved your books Sara!

message 10: by Sara (new)

Of course. I'm absolutely horrible at explaining my books, so I'm just going to go ahead and copy and paste my book descriptions ;):
Xoe: Alexondra Meyers, known to her friends as Xoe, had a normal life. She liked her normal life, but there's a new guy in the small town of Shelby, OR, and he is anything but normal. Before Xoe can say, "Werewolf," her world is turned upside-down. Between a dark secret in Xoe's past, a best friend who's been scratched, and not to mention highschool, Xoe has a lot of thinking to do. She has to choose who she can trust, and fast . . . tomorrow's the full moon.

Accidental Ashes: Last year Xoe's life was turned upside-down. Things haven't improved much. With the lives of her friends at risk, Xoe forgets to worry about another life...her own. With the reappearance of a face from her very distant past, and a random string of abductions to deal with, Xoe has to fight to keep things together. Even if 'together' is a far cry, ahem...howl, from the norm.

On the subject of Amazon, I LOVE Amazon. I don't even try much for regular bookstores. Though I do get bookstore orders on a regular basis, Amazon is by far where the majority of my sales come from. Now with how easy they've made Kindle, I went ahead and put both of my books out as ebooks as well.

whew, long post.

message 11: by Rob (new)

Rob Henning | 1 comments I had to joing because I got the invite and I thought: "this poor person - she thinks no one likes her, and its just not true!"

Cheers
ROB

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4 comments Sara wrote: "@Laura holy crap Estonia?! I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm not even entirely sure where that is. "

Estonia is one of the baltic countries..

message 13: by Sara (new)

@ROB lol thanks for humoring me ;)
@Laura ok good, if it was like, in Canada or something, then I'd feel really dumb, and everyone would be like, "Why would we want to read a book by her? She doesn't even know where Estonia is."

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4 comments Sara wrote: "@Laura ok good, if it was like, in Canada or something, then I'd feel really dumb, and everyone would be like, "Why would we want to read a book by her? She doesn't even know where Estonia is." "

LOL

message 15: by heather h (new)

heather h (heathervh) | 4 comments dude, i totally thought estonia was gonna be a city in the u.s. and then i'd really laugh at you, sara... now i will just have to laugh at myself... :(

message 16: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Luminais (mandylum) | 4 comments Hi all, and thanks for inviting me Sara. I'm honored to be a part of your group (how cheezy, lol).

I also live in the middle of nowhere, about 30 miles west of New Orleans, so it's not all that bad. The weekdays are boring as hell over here, but at least I can take a 30 minute drive into the city if I feel like partying on the weekends. Most of the time my future husband and I just stay home and hang out, watch movies, and I read and talk about books...he listens, lol.

I have 10 pets - I know, that's a little crazy, but I love them and they keep me company when Mitchell isn't here. I have a heart condition (I'm only 28) and my heart failed last July, so I only work a few days a week in my dad's office. The rest of the time I'm here with my herd of animals, taking it easy for the meantime.

Again, thanks for the invite!

Mandy Lum

message 17: by Sara (new)

@Heather bahahaha! Severe mocking!!
@Mandy I want to go to New Orleans so bad! I got to spend a little time in Baton Rouge (spelling?) in the spring and I can't wait to get a chance to go and explore that area of the US a little more.
As for the pets, I grew up in a household with 9 cats, 3 dogs, two birds, at one point 27 rats, a chinchilla, numerous guinea pigs, a gecko, and I can't even think what else. So in other words, not weird at all ;). I've limited myself to two dogs and my trusty gecko now.
I'm sorry about your heart. I hope you are doing okay now. Goodreads is definitely a good way to take it easy (I know I spend WAY too much time in here).
Anywho, thanks for joining! :)

message 18: by Lianne (new)

Lianne Blanch (lianneblanch) | 4 comments Laura wrote: "Sara wrote: "@Laura ok good, if it was like, in Canada or something, then I'd feel really dumb, and everyone would be like, "Why would we want to read a book by her? She doesn't even know where Est..."

you guys crack me up :) I'm from Australia - y'all know where that is right?

message 19: by Sara (new)

@Lianne hmmmm that's in Alabama right? ;)

message 20: by Lianne (new)

Lianne Blanch (lianneblanch) | 4 comments @Sara, something like that! Now, feel free to say no to this, I won't be offended - just wondering if you would be interested in reducing the price of Xoe to 99c for a week so I could list it on www.lovethyauthor.com? (Free and 99c Kindle books)?? Alot of my subscribers are YA Fantasy lovers.

message 21: by Sara (new)

Hmm, I might consider that if my sales slow down, but atm they're doin pretty good. Thanks for the offer though :)

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I am Lisa, I live in Oklahoma..I am a legal secretary. I am happily married (for 19 years) and have two teenage sons (16 & 18). I love to read, would rather read a book than watch tv..I carry a book with me every where I go..(never know when you can sneak in a little reading) I have two Chihuahuas that are my babies...(spoiled..but, oh well)