Book Haven discussion

Kindle > A Kindle Color?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by eleanor (new)

eleanor | 73 comments Does anyone else want to see a Kindle Color? The DX is great but Color would be nicer.
Anyone else think so?

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments I'm hoping Amazon comes out with a color tablet soon. But my opinion is, it won't really be a "Kindle". I think it'll be in addition to the Kindle. Unless they come up with color e-ink I'm not interested in reading on a regular color tablet screen.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey I'm happy with my kindle. i couldn't afford one in a different colour anyway.. have you thought about getting a skin for your kindle Eleanor? that way you can chose whatever colour you want :D

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments Tracey, we're talking about a color screen, not the actual device.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I can't say I would want one. I like the fact that my Kindle is in black and white, it's more book like that way. Having it in color would defeat the purpose for me.

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey oops sorry

message 7: by Roseann (new)

Roseann | 38 comments All I would want color for would be magazines or children's books and I prefer to buy those directly, so B/W is fine with me.

message 8: by eleanor (new)

eleanor | 73 comments What about a Touch Kindle?

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments Eleanor, I personally am not a touch screen person, but I can see that's the way everything is going. That's probably going to happen on the next Kindle.

message 10: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments I prefwer the b/w kindle screen. people said the nook color hurt their eyes, and even on my computer, before it died-- I had to tone down the screen brightness.

I lost my home computer because I spilled water on it. My cellphone also got wet. D-mnit!

message 11: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments Hence I've been reading a lot.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I don't think I'd mind a touch kindle, as long as you could turn down sensitivity. That's the main reason I hate a lot of touch screens, you barely touch it and it's loading something before you even realize what you did. I still wouldn't buy it right away either though, I love my Kindle too much to replace it.

message 13: by eleanor (new)

eleanor | 73 comments Michelle wrote: "I don't think I'd mind a touch kindle, as long as you could turn down sensitivity. That's the main reason I hate a lot of touch screens, you barely touch it and it's loading something before you ev..."

I agree w/sensitivity. I've had to cancel accidental orders of books on my kindle @ least 5 times.. It's about the only thing I do Dislike about the Kindle. And have become spoiled w/my Kindle since it IS so easy to hold & you don't even have to hold it while you're eating (as example) & usually I always have to put the book down during cooking & eating... And the Type Settings are great since I'm practically blind @ times
I Love That I don't have to w/Kindle :)

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I agree. Sometimes after a long period of using just my Kindle I'll forget that books don't work the same way. So I'll put it down expecting it to stay open to the exact page so I can read and work with my hands...and then it snaps shut and I loose my place. I try to read at least two books at once, one actual book and one on the kindle, that way I don't get overly use to one or the other.

message 15: by Helen (new)

Helen I'd like to see the covers in colour.

message 16: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Ordered. And I ordered a graphic novel that's exclusive for it.

(Watchmen. Yes, REALLY.)

message 17: by eleanor (new)

eleanor | 73 comments OMG... It's a "KINDLE FIRE"

message 18: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments I got a new computer......but i do still read a lot. now I get to update you on WHAT i've been reading! :)

message 19: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments 17 days.

message 20: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments bouncy-bouncy-bouncy-bouncy

Shipped, with delivery tomorrow!!

message 21: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments My Fire is now in Philadelphia ... which is a warehouse/service center my stuff usually doesn't come through ... I wonder if that means early morning rather than afternoon delivery??

message 22: by Denise (new)

Denise | 6 comments I can't wait to see how the Kindle Fire works. I saw a demo in a store the other day. My son says the problems so far have been with the tablets just taking the operating system from the cell phones and calling them tablets and what they need to do is take a netbook laptop platform and use this type of process instead We got one of the new tablets last year for my husband to use and had to send it back. I am certainly hoping for more from the Kindle Fire. Want updates my friend when yours is received LOL drooling here!

message 23: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments The Fire is awesome, even taking into consideration some of the proprietary nature of the amazon version of the software. I do wish the reading experience were a little more Kindle than Kindle App, but maybe they'll fix that in a future release.

message 24: by Denise (new)

Denise | 6 comments Thanks for sharing!

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 2233 comments Rumor has it that Amazon is coming out with another new Kindle in Jan? Anyone know about this? What would be the simpliest of the Kindles to start with?

message 26: by Denise (new)

Denise | 6 comments I have not personally heard about a new one other than the Kindle Fire that was just released, but I have a Kindle international model that will work almost all over the world, as travel is at times an issue for me. It was a little spendy when I first got it and it works the same as the basic Kindle models that are now very reasonably priced,with the international wifi exception. I think the basic models are great and I love that my library is at my finger tips without the storage issue that bound books provide. My friend got the first basic model and has over time replaced it with the same and she is a whiz at getting so much out of the device. There are many things you can do with it or just simply enjoy reading your library. Hope this helps :)

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 2233 comments Thanks for the info

message 28: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Haven't heard anything about yet another Kindle release. I am waiting for the color eInk display to function before I go for my next one.

Elizabeth ... which Kindle is best for you will depend on what you intend to do with it. What are a couple of places where you are most likely to read? Indoors, Outdoors? What are you most looking for in the device? What is your access to WiFi?

message 29: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 27, 2011 02:19PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 2233 comments I live in the N.W. so reading indoors but live very rural so I wonder about the WiFi. I am thinking about the Kindle 3G Touch although it would be nice to have one that you could e-mail on and so forth. I probably read 3 hours a day or more.

message 30: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments the Touch should be good for that. Not sure how good the email factor will be, typing a lot on a touch screen is an acquired taste! It should be great as a reader, though. A friend of mine just got the Touch, but I haven't seen it yet.