Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

What series would you bring?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

BubblesTheMonkey If you were stranded on an island, what series of books would you bring to read? I would bring the Harry Potter series because they are very "fulfilling", I guess you could say.

message 2: by Drew (new)

Drew H.P. no doubt about it. I can't live without them. I would read them again and again.

Juliet Harry Potter

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Harry Potter

Juliet You probably shouldn't have put this on an HP discussion, cuz a lot of people who answer are going to be HP fans. I get y u did though

message 6: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ totally, Harry Potter ROCKS!

Lauren Harry Potter. They ARE my childhood..

message 8: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S Without a doubt, Harry Potter, as others have commented, the Harry Potter series are the only books I love to read again and again and I never ever get tired of them.

Manikanta Avinash Definitely HP! No doubt about it.

Kerri If I was stranded on a deserted island ... probably Babysitter's Club, because the series never seemed to end ;). Seriously though, it would be Harry Potter. The books are long, engaging, thrilling, hopeful which is good because it keeps your spirits up until you get rescued (except the 5th one got a little too dark), thought provoking, and like most people have already said, the only series I have read multiple times (I didn't reread any BSC books, that I can think of) and not get sick of!

Laura The Mortal Instruments they're my fav book series

Renée None, cause if I knew I would get stranded I wouldn't go in the first place!

message 13: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Lauren wrote: "Harry Potter. They ARE my childhood.."

Their my life

BubblesTheMonkey Renée wrote: "None, cause if I knew I would get stranded I wouldn't go in the first place!"

Well, you were on vacation and something went terribly wrong. You didn't know that you would be all by yourself on a deserted island with absolutely no way to contact anyone. If a genii came and you could only wish for 1 thing, 1 series of books, what would you bring?

Allen ABH 1.HP
2.Mortal Instruments
3.Hunger Games
4.Divergent
5.Book of survival strategies

BubblesTheMonkey I would have Hunger Games as my second and Misty of Chincoteague as my 3rd choice.

Megan Baxter Not so much a desert island scenario, but I always thought that if I had to survive in postapocalyptic settings, I'd want the entire series of Firefox books - this was an experiment in the late 60s, early 70s in a high school in Appalachia for students to interview people in their communities about techniques for doing things that had since been lost - building houses, milking, animal husbandry, cooping, etc. Including ghost stories!

BubblesTheMonkey That sounds interesting. I'll have to read the Firefox books sometime.

Megan Baxter They're very hard to find these days, but well worth the hunt. I wish I still had a copy - I think my parents got rid of their copies when they moved last year.

Megan Baxter Just realized I have the title backwards - they're the Foxfire series, not Firefox. I've apparently been looking at my browser for too long!

message 21: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ The book strangler wrote: "1.HP
2.Mortal Instruments
3.Hunger Games
4.Divergent
5.Book of survival strategies"

if you had ONE book

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Megan wrote: "Just realized I have the title backwards - they're the Foxfire series, not Firefox. I've apparently been looking at my browser for too long!"

LOL

message 23: by Lindis (last edited Jul 12, 2011 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindis Russell I guess that I would say Harry Potter too. For one, there are 7 of them, lots to read. And for me they are very deep. Even though I've read them four times or more, I always find something new that I hadn't noticed before, or had forgotten! Always a good read!

But then I would morn for my House of Night, Sookie Stackhouse, Twilight, Hunger Games, Fallen, Hush Hush, Vampire Diaries, Chronicles of Narnia, Chronicles of Vladimir Todd, Outlander, and more!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I would bring A Series of Unfortunate Events or Terry Pratchett's Discworld series (because there are a gazillion!)

Renée Katniss990 wrote: "Renée wrote: "None, cause if I knew I would get stranded I wouldn't go in the first place!"

Well, you were on vacation and something went terribly wrong. You didn't know that you would be all by y..."

Deverry, I haven't read it yet but the series is long enough to entertain me for a long time!

Juliet The book strangler wrote: "1.HP
2.Mortal Instruments
3.Hunger Games
4.Divergent
5.Book of survival strategies"

lol to #5

message 27: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Katrina wrote: "I would bring A Series of Unfortunate Events or Terry Pratchett's Discworld series (because there are a gazillion!)"

how bout....idk.....Harry Potter?

Gabriella Harry Potter or the Chronicles of Narnia or a Series of Unfortunate Events. It would be hard to choose between those three series.

Christina I can't choose between the Harry Potter series, the Mortal Instruments, or the Heir Chronicles. They're all so good.

BubblesTheMonkey What's Mortal Instruments about? I've never heard of them.

message 32: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ ohhhhhh i saw those. never read them though

BubblesTheMonkey I heard of those books! One of my friends read them and they are like, some of her favorite books.

message 35: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Katniss990 wrote: "Renée wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/series/44457..."

Thanks!"

oh yah, Thanks! :)

Gypsy Harry Potter of course!!!! What other choice is there?!!!!!!!

message 37: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ AH-GREED!

Tamela Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, the only way to go!