Struggling Writers discussion

*Archives * > The Gigantic Book Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theaftermath (new)

Theaftermath | 51 comments I...don't have any of those. ;w;

I'll cheer on the people that do have them and take this challenge, though. ^u^

message 2: by !ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ (new)

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ | 100 comments My brother and mom have read to kill a mockingbird, and my family watched the movie, but I didn't.

message 3: by Theaftermath (new)

Theaftermath | 51 comments Jessica wrote: "Theaftermath wrote: "I...don't have any of those. ;w;

I'll cheer on the people that do have them and take this challenge, though. ^u^"

You can get them at the library!"

I haven't been to a local library in ag~es, though.

And there's also about five other books that I still need to finish reading...

I'll just get the e-books that are listed on here if I can off of OnRead, I suppose.

message 4: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) I have just one quick suggestion. I noticed that this entire list is made of young adult or paranormal/supernatural genres. While I know that us adults are in the minority lol, there are some and there might be more interest if the list was a bit more diverse. I have nothing against reading YA or paranormal stuff, but having some other things in there too might help entice more people to join in. Having a longer list to choose from in order to get on the leaderboard certainly can't hurt.

message 5: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (lamort) I agree with Stefani. I think there should be more choices or a couple of lists to chose from. I'm making my way through some classics that I haven't gotten around to reading until now.

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) | 2500 comments I agree with both Stefani and Ilana about the choices.

message 7: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) Excellent! I am in and will probably dabble from both lists honestly. Thanks for considering it.

message 8: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) | 2500 comments Thanks guys, I will start finding these (adult list). :)

message 9: by Sharon (last edited Jul 12, 2011 04:25AM) (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) I am an adult but could I read the Young Adult list, it looks much more interesting?

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) Excellent, thank you.

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam (lit-brit) Sorry Twilight review didn't work out too well, here is the link again:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam (lit-brit) Oops....sorry!! I will try to be more efficient next time! I only put them here because at the top of this page you said **Note: if you read the book already, then put the review right Here right now!

Sorry, I will go to my points page from now on!

message 14: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) Question: What if you are young, and still want to participate in the challenge? i mean, I don't think a 10 year old like me would be able to understand it....WAAH! I really want to be in the challenge! *glum face*

message 15: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) Oh, okay! I'll be checking it out!

message 16: by Meg (new)

Meg | 155 comments Me too.

message 17: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) wait! My sister tells me that if I read twilight, she would kill me! She thinks it's that bad!

message 18: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) okay, I would have to read it secretly then...

message 19: by Carls (new)

Carls | 39 comments ive read to kill a mockingbird and twilight so what do i do from here

message 20: by Carls (new)

Carls | 39 comments how do i add a link so you guys know that i have reviewed them

message 21: by Carls (new)

Carls | 39 comments so in this ive noticed that people have pages that say how many points or whatever they have and what of the books theyve read, do i have to do that or do you just take down that ive read those two books

message 22: by Carls (new)

Carls | 39 comments so how do i make a points page. i went to the thing that said create a points page and posted that i wanted a page now do i just wait. and where can i read these books because i dont have most of them.

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 237 comments read To Kill A Mockingbird. HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. it was like torture :P

I'm actually going to start The Iron King today. I also plan on reading North of Beautiful and Twilight sometime soon. Possibly Fallen

message 24: by LM (new)

LM | 206 comments I'm doing good If I do say so myself. Lol I've read five books so far. Plan on reading North of Beautiful soon(:

message 25: by Sam (new)

Sam (lit-brit) So far I have read 5 of the YA books, some have been good others not so good. Picking up Die for Me at the library later.....started it on onread.com but I find it a difficult to read on the site.

@LuneMoonSunStar....Twilight wasn't that bad, yes the writing was a bit sub par but otherwise it was okay. If you are too young though you may want to skip it for a couple of years just because of the content :)

message 26: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (vchen) | 2 comments Hello,

I would love to try the book challenge. However I am not talented at writing reviews. May I have some pointers or tips? Thanks.

Valerie

message 27: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (vchen) | 2 comments Hi Jessica,

Does it have a word limit?

Valerie

message 28: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (CS143angel97) | 1 comments i read twilight. it was great

message 29: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) Hey guys! I've read foreshadowing and twilight! So, I need a challenge points page!

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (lit-brit) Destiny wrote: "read To Kill A Mockingbird. HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. it was like torture :P

I'm actually going to start The Iron King today. I also plan on reading North of Beautiful and Twilight sometime soon. ..."

Destiny....how old are you?? I have heard alot of people say that they had to read To Kill A Mockingbird in middle or high school and they hated it, then years later as an adult they read it again and LOVED it, so if you are still in school, please promise me you will read it again when you are an adult, it really is such a moving story, the appreciation of it may come later :) And if you are an adult, then I am sorry :(

message 31: by Sam (new)

Sam (lit-brit) I have 'Kssing Snowflakes' if anyone wants it....I can mail it out to you and then you can pass it on to other members of the reading challenge, this way you don't have to buy it.....I couldn't find it at my library, so I went ahead and bought it used, there are some highlighted pages but only the first chapter. I am offering it for FREE, so who is going to be the first?? Why don't you message me with your address, and I will post it :)

message 32: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) thanks, Jessica!

message 33: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) alas

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam (lit-brit) Okey-Dokey Jessica.....he can email me if he wants, let me know and I will give you my email.

message 35: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) hi!

message 36: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) :)

message 37: by Christopher (new)

Christopher De Joe | 1 comments That's not a real challenge to me. Most of those books are hack work and it can be read in less than two months, not a problem.

I thought it was going to be a real challenge with books like: Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, War & Peace, etc. Now that would be an awesome challenge!

message 38: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 82 comments I will take the Young Adult List!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to join this challenge but what if you have already a few of the books that are chosen?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Wait. Never mind I just saw what you said about if we already have read a book, Ill post the reviews later