Indie and Self-Pub Book Corner discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Valenzuela (skvalenzuela) | 4 comments Hi all!

I'm so excited to be part of this group! I'm brand-new to the self-pub/indie world, having just published my first novel, Silesia: The Outworlder. I used Smashwords, Kindle Direct, and CreateSpace -- so yes, the book is out in all e-formats and in paperback -- and I learned so much about the process!

I hope you will all wander over to the writing blog I run with my sister, self-published author J. Leigh Bralick (Down a Lost Road). You can find us at "the artificer", www.sistermuses.wordpress.com. We try to keep things fun but informative, and we'd love your feedback!

Peace,
S.K. Valenzuela

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott (bookblogger) Hello everyone,

My name is Scott and I run a review blog focusing on indie and self pub books. I am always looking for new authors to check and really enjoy reading new books.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Gill I am excited to find this group, too. I belong to a few other historical fiction groups, and enjoy reading HF. I have just published a book set in Bronze Age Greece called Orestes: The Young Lion; it is the first in a trilogy.

The Trojan War leaves Orestes, the prince of Mycenae, a spiritual orphan. He cannot remember his father Agamemnon, who leads the Achaean forces against Troy, and who seems to value glory and conquest above even the lives of his own children. And he is estranged from his mother Clytaemnestra, who never wanted him, and who, mad with grief over her murdered daughter, takes as her lover a rival kinsman who threatens to tear the royal family of Mycenae apart.

When the war ends, and the unthinkable happens, Orestes must flee for his life. As an exile far from home, can he survive long enough to grow to manhood and reclaim his birthright?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Young-Lion-...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "I am excited to find this group, too. I belong to a few other historical fiction groups, and enjoy reading HF. I have just published a book set in Bronze Age Greece called Orestes: The Young Lion..."

This sounds amazing. Will you be doing a paperback too?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Scott wrote: "Hello everyone,

My name is Scott and I run a review blog focusing on indie and self pub books. I am always looking for new authors to check and really enjoy reading new books."

Checked out your blog and will add my title asap! Cool!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Gill Eileen wrote: "Laura wrote: "I am excited to find this group, too. I belong to a few other historical fiction groups, and enjoy reading HF. I have just published a book set in Bronze Age Greece called Orestes: ..."

I'm afraid not. The book is also available on Smashwords, if you don't have Kindle.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott (bookblogger) Eileen wrote: "Checked out your blog and will add my title asap! Cool!"

Thanks for stopping by. I am always looking for people to do guest spots as well.

Laura your book sounds interesting I'll have to check it out at some point.

message 8: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Callaver (jessa_callaver) | 8 comments Hello all,
I'm a new member and new author--basically a new Everything when it comes to the literary world. (A quick thanks to friend and fellow author, Gillian Colbert for guiding me here.) I've written and published 2 short literary romance books, "Family Care" and "The Goat and the Heathen" (via Smashwords.com), and am currently working on another book which I hope to have out by the end of this year. At base though, as a longtime book nerd I'm here to meet and communicate with other authors, readers and book fans. Can't wait to speak to my fellow members! =)

message 9: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 10 comments Hello,
I know just what you mean - I've been writing for years but unpublished, and now I'm out on Kindle and can't quite believe it! And I'm not brilliant at the technology, so there's a good deal of experimentation going on here. My books are 'Death in a Scarlet Gown' and 'Knowledge of Sins Past', mysteries set in early nineteenth century Scotland. I'm working my way through all these lovely posts and finding out what people are reading / writing - it feels like a real community. Good luck to all you indie writers!

Lexie Conyngham

message 10: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Lagarde (goodreadscomlovestoread) | 5 comments Hello fellow indi publishers! I'm happy to be part of your group and look forward to learning more about you and your works.

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol Cassada (carolcassada) | 5 comments Hello,

My name is Carol, and I'm a romance writer and newbie to the self-published world. With my first book I Going Home Again I was lucky to get accepted by a small publishing company. With my second book I was having trouble, so I began researching self-publishing and decided to go that route, the best thing I ever did. Westmore was released by Createspace this past April. Aside from writing, I'm editing the sequel to Westmore and promoting my books wherever I can.

message 12: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Lagarde (goodreadscomlovestoread) | 5 comments Carol,
I used IUniverse and am pleased by the distribution process, but its almost like signing with a publisher, grrr. I am most likely going to co with CreateSpace as well.