Robert E. Howard Readers discussion

Other Writers & Artists > A Book in Benefit of the REH house in Cross Plains

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael | 305 comments Dreams in the Fire: Stories and Poems Inspired by Robert E. Howard is a benefit book created by members past and present of the Robert E. Howard United Press Association (REHupa). Proceeds from the sale of this book go to Project Pride for their continued upkeep and promotion of the Robert E. Howard House.

There's more information on the Official REH Forum.

And you can order the book from http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback...

Dreams In The Fire Stories and Poetry inspired by Robert E. Howard by Mark Finn Dreams In The Fire: Stories and Poetry inspired by Robert E. Howard

Thanks to Mohammed for the heads up on this one.

message 2: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 257 comments Thanks for making Michael. The fans that care about REH should know.

Myself im a bit surprised local county doesnt get money to take care of REH house. Same i saw Edgar Allan Poe house was not being taken care of and he is a mainstream legend. In Sweden goverment local and national pay millions to care of any classic writers legacy,musuem/house. People much smaller in rep than REH for example.

message 3: by Michael (last edited Aug 23, 2011 05:52PM) (new)

Michael (dolphy76) | 440 comments I bought the book but at the wrong time! I was a bit tight on funds when I was at REH Days this year and thought to get the book later but missed a big opportunity. If I had bought it in Cross Plains this year I could have had many of the authors who were present sign it for me. Oh well...maybe next year!

message 4: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 257 comments Im a proud owner of the book, bought from lulu the first day. Many interesting authors, who are REH fans, scholars in it.

Im getting more hardcore REH fan than i thought because the only reason i want to visit US in the near future is to see Cross Plains for myself. Distant second by a 100 miles is to see an NBA game live.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (dolphy76) | 440 comments Well come on.....I live in the Dallas area so I get to do both. Dallas Mavericks who won the NBA Title this year are based here. I live about 2 hrs from Cross Plains and I grew up in Rhode Island and lived in Providence for years so I know all of the H P Lovecraft sites too!

message 6: by Mohammed (last edited Aug 26, 2011 04:43AM) (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 257 comments Michael wrote: "Well come on.....I live in the Dallas area so I get to do both. Dallas Mavericks who won the NBA Title this year are based here. I live about 2 hrs from Cross Plains and I grew up in Rhode Island a..."

I like to walk in his footsteps, see where the man, the legend lived,worked. Where he walked around. Few authors i feel like that about.

Lucky you to live in Dallas and see Notwitski and co destroying Miami and more importantly 2hrs from Cross Plains. Heh you could see it weekly!

message 7: by Michael (last edited Aug 27, 2011 05:12PM) (new)

Michael (dolphy76) | 440 comments Yes but the museum does not have regular hours. You have to call ahead if you want to visit. It's only open on special occasions like REH's birthday or REH Days. Brownwood is not far where he attended school and where many of his friends lived. If you check out lulu.com there is a book by Rob Roehm called "Brownwood Connection". http://www.rehfoundation.org/2010/04/...
Also check out the book with Howard's artwork. I was at REH Days when this discovery was divulged. I'll add a picture.
http://www.rehfoundation.org/2009/11/...

message 8: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 257 comments If or rather when i make the long journey to US i will call the museum before i visit.